You Will Always Be The One

You Will Always Be The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 THE PROMISE

Seongwoo wasn't sure if it was the wine or the room's atmosphere. After all the lights were dim enough to create an illusion of privateness, if that was even a word to begin with. He played with his glass; fingers holding the glass stem—watching the red liquid swirled in circular motion as he rocked the glass, a whiff of the wine's fruity aroma reached his nose.

 

“What are you thinking?”

Daniel asked him the question. The tone was casual, it felt like the younger male just asked him about the weather or another simple, mundane topic—but there's something were hidden underneath. On the other corner of the room, the WANNA ONE GO challenge crew were unwrapped the lightnings and the cables they used for the camera; purposely left the two of them alone for some precious private time.

 

Took a sip of his red wide, Seongwoo hummed a satisfied hmmm as the slightly sour aftertaste tingled his tastebuds. They just finished eating their meal: a plate of pasta shared between the two of them. Seated in front of him, Daniel leaned on the table—using one of his elbow to propped himself. His other hand was casually held Seongwoo's wrist: Daniel rubbed random swirls on his companion's hand.

 

Seongwoo smiled for the gesture, eyes locked on their hands together. They were still tied together using the big red ribbon that awfully looked like the red string of destiny. Daniel took his hand this morning—fingers interlocked as the younger male smiled so brightly, the corner of his lips curled upwards and his bunny teeth trademark peeked through the gap, eyes sparkled in a total bliss. Come on, Hyung...!

 

“I'm thinking about us,” Seongwoo wondered if he was loose-lipped from a few sips of wine or maybe—maybe he just want to tell everything to Daniel after a really perfect day with the MMO trainee. The dinner was fantastic and Les Deux Plats were one of their favourite place to dine. The unique French restaurant was set over three floors, the top level was topped with a cozy rooftop terrace. The view was absolutely beautiful—he and Daniel had visited several times and dined on all three floors.

 

The name means the two plates, and it was Daniel who found the place during their walk together to Itaewon-dong a few months ago. “Let's visit this place!,” Daniel urged him, and Seongwoo followed as he love the exterior of the somewhat rustic building. The menu, despite being a French restaurant, was heavy with Italian influence. They were offered to various choice like salads, pastas, risottos, steaks, and there was a quite wide selection of beers and coctails. The wine they were enjoying at the moment, was the recommendation of the sommelier.

 

“I'm thinking...” Seongwoo continued in soft tone, eyes were dark and gleamed like a polished onyx, “...about us, in the future.”

 

There was a pause, and Seongwoo's smile was tinged in melancholy. “Two years from now on...” His tone turned into almost a faint whisper, “...after WANNA ONE disbanded, I wonder if we could still do these stuffs—meet up with each other, spending time together, eating dinner together, drink our wine... just like today.”

 

Daniel's breath hitched and the younger male held Seongwoo's wrist a little tighter. “We will, Hyung...” He assured, “I'll make sure we will.”

 

“What if,” Seongwoo locked his eyes with Daniel's—his own image reflected on the latter's orbs, “We'll be so busy with our lifes, with our work schedules... that we won't have time to meet and interact...?”

“We WILL find a time in our schedule,” Daniel's tone was gentle and soft, “We could plan a holiday together... The two of us, we'll go somewhere—You know, we could go to Busan and visit my hometown. I'll take you to my home, introduce you to my family... to my cats...” Daniel laughed, his eyes transformed into two thin lines, “I'll take you to the beaches there, to all the interesting spots—I'll be your guide. No need for hotel coz you'll sleep with me in my room.”

 

Seongwoo chuckled, enjoying the suggestion. He could picture himself doing all the things Daniel mentioned; the MMO trainee will surely hold his hand the entire activities. Daniel gave a little wink, “And I promise that I'll sleep talk less and manage my teeth grinding habit, Hyung.”

 

Seongwoo's chuckles turned into a loud, hearty laugh—the one that will make his cheeks and stomach hurt from too much laughing. “Well,” Seongwoo grabbed back Daniel's hand, weaved his fingers against the latter's, “Since they said we need to ended the challenge with sleeping in the same bed tonight, think tonight as our practice then.”

 

“Deal.”

 

 

02 YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE

It was quiet on their way home to the dorm. The four of them just finished the shooting of their participation on The Return of Superman show. Spending the time with kids and toddlers whom the perfect epitomes of bundles of endless energy turned out to be the most effective workout ever—they were super tired, just like when they do practice for hours without any sleep. The plus side though, is that the kids were absolutely cute and adorable—so they really enjoyed the experience.

 

The van was silent except for the song played on the radio—Their manager drove the van and Jisung was asleep; while Jihoon curled on his seat, earphone plugged and he was tapping his screen, focused on swapping mini monsters into a row of four and more.

 

Daniel and Seongwoo sat on the very back seats, Seongwoo on the window seat while the younger male sat next to him, their knees brushed against each other. Slowly, Daniel nudged Seongwoo using his shoulder, leaned down as he laid his weight on the latter's lap. Seongwoo mouthed Yah, you're heavy Niel-ah! but he smiled nevertheless and embrace half of Daniel's upper torso on his lap, fingers combed through the newly dyed hair of the younger male. The locks were still soft, but the texture was a bit coarse due rapid changing of colours these past months.

 

“What happened, Hyung...?”

Daniel asked him the question, a faint and secretive whisper between the two of them. In a quick response, Seongwoo replied, “You need to stop changing your hair colour for a while, Niel-ah. You'll damaged your hair if you keep changing the colour.”

 

Daniel chuckled. “Noted,” He said, “But that's not I meant, Hyung.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter