click : R O W O O N

The Afterstory
five.
 
five more minutes till this stupid class ends.
 
five more minutes till I get my phone back, because the teacher just had to take it away from me. He said I am stupid enough and I don't need anymore distractions. I am so blaming Rowoon. 
 
Rowoon, that stupid Kim Rowoon what should I do with him. I was so worried about him that I had to watch his match. Good thing he won cause if he didn't I would have kicked his sorry . I hope he didn't get hurt though. Well i wasn't next to him so he probably didn't. Oh my god maybe I shouldn't hang out with him. What if he gets hurt again? The idea itself made me sick and I felt like the room just got stuffier.
And with that the bell rang and the I just realized that for the last hour Kim Rowoon was all that was on my mind. 
 
"Here you go Mina, please don't cause any more trouble in class," The teacher gave my phone back with an obvious frown plastered on his face.
 
"Yes sir!"
 
"Okay but before you go I have to ask you something."
 
"Yes sir?"
 
"Are you dating Kim Rowoon?"
 
I coughed at the sudden question,"N-no sir we're not dating. We're just friends. I am not even sure if we're friends or not." I mumbled the last few words.
 
"Are you sure? Rowoon seems to find you more extra special since he called you the moment he finished his match."
 
I was taken back by his observation and my face heated up right away.
 
"I don't mind you both dating, just don't let it interfere your studies okay? Now you may go and don't forget to do your homework for next week! Tell Rowoon to come to class if he has time too."
 
And that was my cue to leave.
 

 
 
"Hey why are you so late I've been waiting ages now."
 
I rolled my eyes, "You only waited for 5 minutes you idiot."
 
Dawon chuckled and ruffled my hair, "Should we head back now or you want to grab something to eat first?"
 
I rubbed my tummy, "I am starving."
 
"The usual place?"
 
"Sure why not." 
 
"Ladies first."
 
I chuckled and lead the way to the restaurant. On the way there me and Dawon walked in a comfortable silence. It's always like this with Dawon, so comfortable. Like nothing can go wrong. I glanced at him and he gave me one of his very famous warm smiles.
 
Comfortable.
 
That's how I felt. It was different from how I feel when I am next to Rowoon. Rowoon makes me uncomfortable. He makes me all jittery and nervous. He makes my palms sweaty and my heart pounding like I just ran miles and miles. It was so uncomfortable that just thinking about him makes me nervous. 
 
"You dumbo where are you going?"
 
I heard Dawon calling me from behind, I turned around and gave him a confused look.
 
He snorted and signaled me to come to him, "The restaurant is here you idiot, where were you going?" He shook his head and entered the familiar place.
 
I blinked and followed his steps. I made my way to the table that Dawon picked and sat in front of him.
 
"I ordered the usual. Why were you zoning out again? You've been doing that lately you know."
 
I shrugged, "Nothing important."
 
"Just Mina being the dumbo she is what's new right."
 
I rolled my eyes, "why are you always so mean to me."
 
"That's my life's purpose."
 
I threatened to punch him in the face and he just stuck his tongue out.
 
"Now now why you two always pick a fight on each other."
 
"Auntie!" I beamed happily at the sight of the mouthwatering food that's being served.
 
"Stop fighting and eat a lot okay!"
 
"Yes Auntie~" 
 
And with that we devoured the delicious meal right away.
 
 

 
I patted my bloated tummy, "man I am so full."
 
"If you weren't Id be surprised. You ate 3 servings of ddeokbokki."
 
"I was really hungry okay and today's ddeokbokki sauce was on point."
 
Dawon rolled his eyes, "This is why you will never have a love life."
 
"Excuse you."
 
"It's  true!"
 
"It's not! I have a love life!"
 
"Oh really? With who? The last time you had a crush on someone was ages ago right?"
 
"Well.." I bit my lip nervously.
 
"YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE?"
 
"Be quite you fool," I punched his arm.
 
"No but seriously who is the unlucky fella."
 
I groaned, "I am not telling you."
 
"As your best friend I have the right to know."
 
"You're being extra mean today so I am not telling you."
 
"Come on~ At least give me a hint."
 
"Look I don't know if it's an actual crush or not."
 
"Okay you dumbo, just by contemplating whether it's a crush or not is already a solid answer. You like him, you're just in denial. Typical you."
 
"I don't know okay. It's just that...I don't think I have the right to have feelings for him."
 
"Why not?"
 
"I bring bad luck remember?"
 
"Are you stupid? You actually believe that."
 
"Well he did get hurt when he was with me. It's a good thing his teammates didn't sue me."
 
"Teammates? Is this about- Wait are you talking about the famous Rowoon here?"
 
"Uhm-"
 
"WOW, your taste in men is getting better."
 
"Shut about Dawon."
 
"Are you two actually close? I mean I've been wanting to ask you why he called you earlier in class."
 
"Maybe."
 
"Okay are you stupid? Why are you still with me then, go meet up with Rowoon and congratulate him."
 
"I don't want to ruin things."
 
"What things? Why do you always think you're going to ruin everything? We've been friends forever and I am still healthy and alive."
 
I shrugged,"I don't know-"
 
The familiar ring tone interrupted me and I froze when I saw the caller's name.
 
"What? Why aren't you picking up?
 
I showed my phone to Dawon and he smiled," Well if you're not picking up than I am," he took my phone from my hand and answered the call.
 
"Dawon you idiot give it back!" Dawon locked me into a hug.
 
"Hello, yes Rowoon. That's right this is her phone, something wrong?"
 
I struggled to get out of his arms, damn it why is this boy so strong.
 
"No I don't think she has plans today. Sure I'll tell her that. Okay, and congrats for winning. Can we do an interview with you some time soon?"
 
"Dawon!" I whispered.
 
"Okay thanks man."
 
He finally lets go of me and handed my phone back, "You are fired from being my best friend."
 
He snorted, "Rowoon's waiting for you at the batting cage in school."
 
"WHAT?"
 
"Go run to the love of your life," he patted my head.
 
"I hate you."
 
"It's because you only love Rowoon."
 
"You're never going to let me live peacefully are you?"
 
"Nope."
 
 

 
I carefully entered building and it was rather quiet, but again it was 6 PM and everybody probably went home already.
 
"Boo"
 
I let out a very unattractive scream which apparently was very amusing to Rowoon, "Stop laughing!"
 
"Cute."
 
don't fall for it don't fall for it don't fall for it don't fall for it
 
"I missed you."
 
welp.
 
"You just saw me this morning."
 
"Still, you didn't miss me?" he pouted.
 
"Don't do that."
 
"Do what?" 
 
"Do that"
 
"What"
 
"You know what never mind, why did you want to see me?" I tried to hide the excitement in my voice.
 
"Don't you remember what I said before going to the game."
 
"I-i don't"
 
Rowoon took a step closing the gap between me and him, "I said that if I won the game today, you're going to be my girlfriend."
 
I gulped, "I never agreed to that."
 
He bit his lip, "Oh really?" He moved his face closer to mine.
 
My heart was beating too fast and I was afraid he would be able to hear it, "yeah," I whispered.
 
He smirked, "Well I won't take no for an answer."
 
Rowoon leaned in and captured my lips with his taking me by surprise, his hands circled around my waist pulling me closer to him. And then after what felt like an eternity he slowly backed away and smiled, "It's late. Let me take you home girlfriend."
 

​"Sweetheart wake up, you're going to be late for school."
 
"Okay mom," I rubbed my eyes sleepily and huffed.
 
I glanced at the clock on my wall and sighed, I only got like 3 hours of sleep. Thanks to that stupid Rowoon.
 
Rowoon.
 
I am dating Kim Rowoon.
 
Oh my goodness.
 
Wait he said he's going to pick me up this morning.
 
No no no I have to get ready right now.
 
Never have I ever in my life, was this excited to head to school.
 

 
​"Mom i am heading to school!"
 
"Okay sweetheart, be careful!"
 
I checked my hair one more time in the mirror and headed out.
 
Kim Rowoon in all his glory was waiting standing outside making my front yard look like some commercial set.
 
"Good morning," he waved.
 
"G-good morning."
 
"Ready to go to school?"
 
I nodded, "yeah."
 
He grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his, "your hand is so cold," he pouted.
 
"Rowoon I told you to stop doing that!"
 
"Do what?"
 
"You know...pouting."
 
He chuckled, "why should I stop?"
 
"It's annoying."
 
He then pouted again.
 
"Kim Rowoon!"
 
He chuckled, "Okay okay I am sorry, you're so fun to tease."
 
I rolled my eyes, "You're so childish."
 
"You love me anyways."
 
"Keep dreaming."
 
He pecked my cheek and smiled cheekily, "and I love you too."