The Question

In More Ways Than One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She faintly heard the now-familiar roar of his Range Rover engine approaching, and she could finally felt her blood rushing through her veins, warmth spreading in her body.

Finally, finally.

They only left the venue an hour apart from each other, but she felt as if she'd waited forever. She was too jittery, too overwhelmed with the night they just had to even change from her long lace dress; she could hardly do anything but pace back and forth on her living room, counting minutes that passed. She hastily made her way to her front porch, steps as  wide as her long dress allowed, made her way to him. Finally, she muttered repeatedly to herself, all sorts of feeling overflowing inside.

--

He was just stepping out of his car when he felt her petite frame clinging on his back, her arms interlocking over his chest, caging him. It wasn't something he was unfamiliar with; he'd grown accustomed to her hugs greeting him everytime he showed up at her door, yet there was something different about this hug. It felt urgent. It felt needy.

He shimmied his way around her tight hug and managed to turn his body around to face her, and she immediately buried her face on his chest.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked softly.

She shook her head. "I miss you."

He laughed at his answer, "We've been spending this whole night together - we've practically spent a year together, remember?"

She just shook her head once again, face still buried in his chest.

He chuckled some more as he caressed the crown of her head, down to her neck, and gently nudged her to look at him. She relented, lifting her head from his chest, and their eyes met; hers were glassy, and he could see traces of tears running down her cheeks.

"Hey," his humorous tone immediately changed to one of concern, "what's wrong? Did something happen? Did I do something?"

She shook her head once again, staring at him with a look he'd never seen before, one that was thick with poignance. "I love you. Have I told you that? I love you so much."

Her words took him by surprise -- yes, she told him the words multiple times; afterall, they've been dating for quite a long time already. But the way she said it now - the trembling in her voice, her teary eyes, the look that she gave her - she never appeared this vulnerable before him.

He always loved her for her calm, poised demeanor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter