Episode 1

The 22
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 1

Like a shadow, I am and I am not

~ Rumi

 

“You’ll never get away from this place… remember this is your fate to be here till the end of your lives…” a man came to the two young boy, giving them a dead glare after he hit them for fun.

“Hyung.. I’m scared.. Hyung…” the younger boy hugged his brother scarily.

“Don’t cry, Sehun.. I will protect you…” the older brother tried to move his younger brother to his back, facing himself to the middle-aged man.

“Stop hurting us, Father. I am begging you. Sehun is still innocent..” He kneeled down, and bowed him repeatedly.

“Cih… Who the hell your father is? You are not my children and your father is just a ing Chinese man.. Your mother had an affair with him before she got married me. You two are the shame of our family. Do not hope to be living easily after your mother becomes the president. You guys will end up to be killed because she will not keep you two alive or her credibility will be ruined. ” he screamed out.

“No, mother will not do that to you..” the elder brother waving his head meanwhile the younger one started crying.

“Hyung, tell me.. Mother will not abandon us. He is lying us..”

“He is lying, Sehun… Don’t believe him..” the elder brother hugged his brother tightly.

“I’m not lying you..” the middle aged man suddenly grabbed the little boy’s hand, making him face to him and yelled at him.

“Don’t mistreat my brother…” The elder brother wanted to save his brother, but the man kicked him to the wall cruelly.

“Hyung… Help me… Hyung….” The younger brother screamed out crazily.

“Sehun…. Sehun……!!!”

……………………

“Hyung, how will our lives be? I’m really scared to live in the darkness like this. Hyung, does mother really abandon us?” the younger brother looked at the glass window, whispering to his brother while he was putting his head on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Sehun.. I promise that we all will be alive and live well together. Do you believe me, my sweet boy?” the elder brother smiled and shook his hair playfully.

Sehun looked into his eyes innocently and nodded.

“I will follow you anywhere you go, hyung. Please don’t leave Sehun…”

……………..

“We only have one way is to run… Sehun… Let’s run together….” Elder brother tried to drag his brother to run and avoid from people whom chased him at the back.

“You, jerks. If I catch you, I will kill you by myself..” the guys kept running after them and screamed out.

The elder brother had no choice because they kept running after them, so he decided to leave his brother in the garbage can.

“Sehun.. Do not leave to anywhere. I will go back to get you.. If we run together now, they will catch us.. Remember this, if you don’t see me by tomorrow… I may not return anymore.. Please just go to live happy, change your name in order to avoid from our mother’s men..” he said before he covered the can.

“Hyung, please come back. I will not leave anywhere till I see you…” the boy started crying.

“Sehun.. please don’t cry… We will pass this moment together…”

Next Day

“Sehun… Sehun.. Where are you? Sehun..” the elder brother returned to the same place after a day passed by, but someone he was looking for wasn’t here anymore.

“Sehun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

A guy woke up from his nightmare, screaming out all his pain. Once again, he suddenly realized that he was in his bed and it was already 8 o’clock in the morning already.

Luhan looked around and wiped his sweat on his forehead hardly before he tried to calm down his mood again.

“It’s a dream again..” he talked to himself, hissing hardly.

Of course, it was regular nightmare since he was 14. He escaped from his stepfather after his mother became the presidential candidate.

At that time, he had lost his brother. No matter how he had tried to look for him for these years, he had not been found yet.

Sometimes, Luhan thought if his stepfather taught his brother but there was no news either. Overall, it was his fault to leave that kid alone.

Now, he had everything, money, house, teammates, and new identify at the age of 22 even though he did not have freedom. He still missed his brother and always looked for him.

Reminding to his past life, Luhan wanted to thank Yonghwa and Hyomin for saving his life. They introduced him to information agency and charity team. Therefore, he could have a new ID in order to avoid his mother.

Now, his mother was already the president for 7 years already. Of course, her popularity made her win the election for twice times already. Therefore, his stepfather was still looking for him until now. Fortunately, he was working for the powerful and secret agency that could protect his identify.

Luhan had two divided jobs for now, one was the information hacker and researcher at the secret agency and another one was the member of Charity Team, which was led by Yonghwa.

However, Yonghwa became ill and he was hiatus after his fiancée, Park Hyomin had committed suicide years ago for having mental breakdown.

At that time, there was no more party for the charity.

“Sign of hacker… Your messaging system is hacking right now.. the unknown logged in to our system and she is involving with our messages.” The robot at his living operation room screamed out loudly, making Luhan shocked a bit.

“Hacker? Who the hell dare to make a joke with me?” he suddenly ran out from the bed and went toward his operation room quickly.

There were so many laptop and technological tool at his room since he was also a young inventor.

Sometimes, he did not need to open laptop to look for something, but his mirror wall can be managed by his smart phone too.

Luhan put himself on the sofa and clicked his smart phone. Then the mirror wall show up the view of messaging system of the charity group.

Noticing the charts, he saw that all his friends were here chatting with each other and another stranger.

“Jung Sooyeon? Who is she?”

He started doing background check on her meanwhile he was also reading their messages.

 

[ Chartroom ]

(Ham Eunjung, Park Chanyeol, Kris Wu, Lee Jungshin, Jung Yonghwa & Jung Sooyeon logged in right now)

 

[Kris Wu] You should tell me the truth why you are here. Are you hacker?

[Ham Eunjung] I think she is suspicious too. It is our private chartroom and we have a lot of information here. Why is she here with us?

[Lee Jungshin] Do not be cruel to this girl. She looks innocent.

[Park Chanyeol] Jung Sooyeon! Please tell us what happened. Why you are here?

[Jung Sooyeon] I did not know why I am here. I just followed someone and he led me in this chartroom. Now, I did not know where I am. I suddenly realized that I was in this apartment and my messager logged in with this chartroom directly.

[Lee Jungshin] Should we trust her?

[Ham Eunjung] No -_-* we need to be careful, Jungshin ssi.

[Park Chanyeol] You are at my sister’s apartment. OMG… Because only you are there, you can connect with this chartroom.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan was trying to hack the camera system of the building in order to see what happened. Finally, he made it.

Looking through the camera system, he could see the whole scene including that woman. He did not know why his heart suddenly beat fast as soon as he could see her clearly.

He was not like that before, but her innocent look really grabbed his soul away.

She was really beautiful with her white dress and her long hair dropped down beautifully. Her look was innocent and beautiful at the same time. Her lip was kissable and her eyes were charming.

He swore, he never got to see someone like her in his life.

What the heck he was thinking right now? Was it time to fall for beauty?

He woke himself again and tried to focus his work.

He unlocked the video clip and watched her action. He saw her was led by someone else to the building where Hyomin’s apartment was there. Then, she was locked there.

Therefore, she really spoke the truth, but who was that person to lead her here? What was his purpose?

 

Luhan logged in the chartroom too.

[Luhan] I already did background check on her and she is really innocent.

[Kris Wu] Really? Is that so? However, that place is secret. Why did she get there easily?

[Luhan] A suspicious person did. I have not found out yet who he is.

[Ham Eunjung] So what should we do to her?

[Jung Sooyeon] Somebody help me to get of this place please.

[Lee Jungshin] So Sooyeon, where are you from? ._. ^ Why were you led to be there by unknown?

[Jung Sooyeon] I live in Busan and I am coming here to look for a friend. I suddenly got tricked by the unknown guy and he made me here. I am scared to be here. What should I do?

[Jung Yonghwa] I see your nervousness now. However, Miss. Jung let me tell you about something about the place you are in. It is our secret information place. Hyomin used to manage the charity system there and that place was locked for 2 years already. It’s weird to see you there.. Considering this case if someone really led you there, it may be not a good news at all. Perhaps, the bad people want to use you to break the information system so your life would be in danger.

[Jung Sooyeon] WHAT?????

[Lee Jungshin] Why is so serious, Yonghwa?

[Park Chanyeol] So you can’t leave that place.

[Jung Sooyeon] What?? So what should I do?

[Kris Wu] I think Yonghwa had something in his mind -.-

[Jung Yonghwa] You can stay there while you are looking for your friend in Seoul. Can I have this request? You don’t have any place yet to stay, do you?

[Jung Sooyeon] Alright.. but what can I do here?

[Jung Yonghwa] Just change the password of the apartment and manage the system there. We would like you to join our team and do job that Hyomin used to do before while you are looking for your friend.

[Jung Sooyeon] Do I have other choice? ._. But I don’t know anything about the system here..

[Jung Yonghwa] Do not worry. I will make someone guide you about our team and the system. Which one do you prefer between Luhan and Kris?

[Jung Sooyeon] Luhan ^^

 

Luhan suddenly plopped his from the sofa after seeing what she requested to the leader.

Is she kidding him? Why not Kris but him?

He had a busy schedule already though.

[Jung Yonghwa] Okay, Luhan from n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter