a l i t t l e d e a t h

a little death ─yoonseok

 

            

 

 

 

1. - a  l i t t l e   d e a t h 

 

"You were the only thing that made me feel like I'm alive"

 

Just as he removed it from his pink lips, he blew the smoke into the peeling ceiling, carefully as if it was the aftermath of a kiss that aches to steal a life he was struggling to elude. he took a breath of the smoke, inhaling the smoke deep into his lungs remembering all the warnings but not caring.

He had smoked two packs through the empty night.it's his puff of heaven, an escape from it all, when things get too difficult and he remembers.  

He doused everything insight recklessly with the clear liquid-gasoline. The solvent soiled the white sheets turning them a damp alabaster.Eyes the complete void of any emotion, his senses remained unaffected by the acrid smell of stale gasoline that loitered over him as he continued on with his rampage, thoroughly soaking the cheap plaster walls.

He empties the contents of the fuel tank rather quickly, before tossing the container aimlessly without a moments thought. His actions cause it to bounce against the dripping walls. The thoughts buzzing in his head feel like tiresome nonsense to him. He feels himself falling back against the bed that groans in its defence.

He stares at the cigarette between his fingers. It was almost short enough to burn him. With an effort, he leaned forward to crush it out into the soiled bed sheets. They coil like they can feel the heat, wrinkling into a ruche around the burn.

 black wisps of smoke curl upwards, into his face, causing him to choke.

Yoongi watches with emotionless eyes as the white turns charred around the edges of the cigarette.

The whole bed is lit. Yellow flames consume him entirely.