1/1

A Whole New World


Kim Jongin has got his own place.

Like, no more walking around in the same clothes because the washer broke, no more having to listen to Sehun’s rock music while trying to study; no more surprise visits from his sister and having to yell at Sehun to clean up, no more wet socks in the middle of the night, no more being stared at while he showers because Sehun might be biual, no more gross toilets and no more tiny rooms.

Kim Jongin has got his own place!

...

But he’s had his own place for two months, and there’s still boxes scattered around the house and bubble wrap on the floor and clothes thrown on his bed. The clearest place was the living room, only because his sister, the previous tenant, came around to help him one day; so that’s where he’s slept for two months, and that’s where he kinda cleans.

And he could clean up today...but he finally has nothing do to since it’s Sunday, and it’s raining.

He has a tradition for rainy Sundays.

Curl up on the couch with his favourite ice cream, favourite blanket and sweater, and watch Aladdin.

Which is why now, even though he could be putting the razors his sisters bought him away (one for the legs, one for the face, one for armpits) or unpack the kitchen appliances and organize the clothes on the bed; he was setting up an old DVD player and yanking on the yellow vintage sweater he bought when he was 12 (it was way too big and way too bright, but he was in love with it the first time he saw it) while trying to take a scoop from the tub of vanilla ice cream on his coffee table.

When he successfully gets a big mound of the frozen dessert, he realizes that he hadn’t gotten himself a bowl to eat out of.

Time to raid the cupboards for his sister’s abandoned kitchenware.

He swings open each door and reaches around, fingers grazing endlessly over air until he finally touches something--its cold, probably metal, and he feels decorative bumps and --he grabs it and pulls it all the way out and, yes, it’s a cup.

Coincidentally, it’s a genie lamp.

The inside is, fortunately, plastic coated so that you don’t poison yourself or something; so Jongin goes ahead and washes it before returning to his frozen dessert, ready for some action as he presses play on the remote.

He giddily piles in mounds upon mounds of ice cream in the metal cup while watching the grainy commercial-esque intros one by one until the option screen for Aladdin pops up--so he presses play again, satisfied with his mountains of ice cream as he smacks the lid on the tub and plops onto the couch; grabbing and throwing his decade old Disney princess blanket over his legs as the movie finally starts.

The narrator’s voice flows out of the T.V speakers lowly, the heavy rain continuously pitter-pats against the outside world soothingly, and the thought of essays and work is left for the oncoming hours of tomorrow.

Jongin is content with life.

Life is kinda lonely, but Jongin is content.

Happily, he eats his freezing cold dessert while cuddling into his couch, eagerly watching each scene of his favourite movie.

...

...

...

And then the part he loves the most, just before the rest of this awesome movie progresses, happens (the scene where our lovely main man meets the one and only blue buffoon genie of course) and his happiness cannot be contained! Jongin ends up having to dance his happy jitters away before he returns to his beloved seat with his beloved ice cream.

He completely wraps himself up in the blanket, the coldness of rain, ice cream and air conditioner combined making his teeth chatter a bit--though it’s partially his fault because he chose to wear the gym shorts he stole from Sehun’s schoolgirl doll, with no socks--and he had left the house cold without turning on the heat earlier.

BUT NEVERMIND THAT, IT’S ALADDIN TIME.

Jongin shivers endlessly, barking out childish laughs at each genie joke and transformation as he sips at his now melted ice cream--which, by the way, makes no sense since even his hands are cold. Nonetheless, he enjoys the sweet liquefied dessert and watches the movie.

Until, of course, the cold gets to him through his sweater and he ends up searching for socks--specifically the thick wool ones that he stole from Sehun’s alien doll.

Let’s just conclude that Sehun is a guy.

When he finally gets the socks on and falls back into the couch, warm as ever, his ice cream is seemingly gone despite him having sipped just a bit and, though it does leave him utterly perplexed, he doesn’t question it at all.

He presses *resume* and continues on with his happy Sunday tradition, cozy and content in his now warm outfit. It’s like that for a silent moment until everyone’s (maybe everyone’s) fav songs finally arrives and Jongin gets immaturely lit as he throws the blanket somewhere away from himself to dance freely.

In midst of the Prince Ali, he sets the lamp themed cup on his lap to animatedly sing along, nostalgia growing with each syllable of the song he knows word for word. He’s surprisingly offbeat with his stupid shoulder rocks and legs kicks, but all he can do is be happy about this stress free day.

He giddily jams out for the rest of the song and doesn’t stop until it finishes and goes on to the next scenes.

Miraculously, when he looks down to make sure his frozen dessert hadn’t taken a tumble during his fun, the cup gets piping hot in just a millisecond and starts to shake crazily.

Jongin doesn’t know what to do.

Maybe he’s losing it because he didn’t listen to his sisters when they said clean up, then relax.

Okay then, he’s gonna act like nothing ever happened; and picks up the cup and sits back to watch the movie, the knock off lamp warming his hands enough for him to, eventually, make like a goldfish and forget.

...

...

...

The cup gets really warm.

Jongin is really cold.

Science says he’ll seek more warmth.

And, since it’s a very satisfying warmth, the kind that immediately soothes the chill in your fingers and travels everywhere else until you probably fall asleep, naturally, he rubs the sides of the cup for more.

...

...

...

It explodes.

All the sticky sweet of ice cream splatters against his face and hair, dripping onto his sweater messily as, in the air, a smoky shadow slowly pieces itself together.

When he manages to look up, shocked silent, there’s a legless man with thick lips, piercing eyes and intimidating brows; staring down at him.

He screams.

“WHO ARE YOU, HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE, HOW DO YOU KNOW ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, WHERE ARE YOUR LEGS--ARE YOU A GHOST!?” he screeches out, all in one breath as he eyes the brown haired man whose face was straight despite the shrill yells of the yellow clad Aladdin lover before him.

The floating man doesn’t respond and gives a dopey smirk, twirling around happily until he reaches Jongin’s face and--he swipes the ice cream off the tan babe’s forehead and it before letting out a hearty laugh.

“Hello pretty thing: my name is Do Kyungsoo, but there are many things I’ve been called in my time--ghost is not one, but daddy is, and I’d just love it if that’s what you’d call me.” he mocks, “But who are you, may I ask, since you’ve rubbed my...lamp so eagerly?”

The tan boy startles at the lushness of the legless man’s voice, knees shaking at the deepness of it until he falls back against the couch--though he does find himself in utter shock at the playfulness of such a stranger, he replies. “I-I’m Kim Jongin--and what, what the hell do you mean your lamp?” he asks, bold and aggressive.

‘Do Kyungsoo’ laughs, “I’ve lived in there for 10 years, probably 100, I bought the place because it was the cheapest one, but eventually got stuck in there--it wasn’t a curse though, your sister trapped me with the plastic on accident (she wanted to heat up a cheap bowl filled with chicken nuggets), I’m just a genie. I’m supposed to grant your any three wishes, pretty Nini, if you have any?”

Jongin freezes, staring wide-eyed at the supposed genie--he finally actually looks at the floating man, and takes to heed that no modern man would be wearing stereotypical genie clothes (not only was it unfashionable, the beige turban atop his messy brown hair wasn’t their culture to flaunt) or be floating.

He stares.

And stares.

And keeps staring.

Kyungsoo mockingly drops seasonal backgrounds behind himself each passing second.

Jongin’s eyes get even bigger.

“Jesus Christ, you’re actually a genie?!” he screeches as he stand up, “I was eating out of your house? WAS THAT EVEN ICE CREAM ANYMORE!?”

Kyungsoo laughs, “Yes, it was ice cream--though I got a little hot because what you rubbed was a little different for me--yes, you were eating out of my house and, yes; I am a genie--I could give you anything you want, and I could be anything you want me to be...”

“Like...this,” he grins and snaps into the form of a curvy bombshell with flowing locks and giant s; “or this,” suddenly he’s towering and tatted to the max with wonderfully big biceps and chocolate abs--“or that, this, this and that.” One second he’s a tiny, cat-eared girl, then a colourful tail having mermaid; the next second he’s a smartly dressed business man with graying stubble, then a leather harness wearing dom, whipping through the air with a riding crop.

“Or, just me.” and he snaps back to his stalky, legless form with tan skin and a thick-lipped smirk; seemingly more flesh than smoke now.

“Now, any wishes?

Jongin lets out a loud breath of disbelief and sits back onto his couch, looking way past the floating man before him.

“Okay.” he mutters, “Of course, that totally makes a lot of sense.” he nods continuously, finally smiling at the genie.

He smiles at him for more than 10 minutes.

“Alright then, three wishes, right?” he asks, staring up at Kyungsoo. The legless man nods, grinning.

“I hope you’re , make it worth my whi--” And like that, Jongin punches him.

Right in the crotch.

The stalky genie makes a pained sound in the back of his throat, his feet finally materializing as he falls over and curls up into a ball next to the coffee table.

Kyungsoo croaks out something akin to “what was that for” and Jongin scoffs, “I had to make sure you would listen and not purposely misinterpret my wishes, okay?”

The genie makes an understanding noise and nods for Jongin to talk; “Make your wishes, pretty.” he grits out, somewhat smiling.

The tan college student makes a serious face, though to the genie it’s as intimidating as a puppy; “Can I get more than 3 wishes?”

“No.”

“Aww, that --but here, three whole wishes, okay? Just three, really good wishes, okay?”

Kyungsoo nods, still looking like living breathing agony.

“One, I want you to clean my house,” he blows raspberries and points out a skinny finger, “two, I want you to get with the times and wear comfortable non-insensitive clothes; and three...be my tradition buddy.” All three of his cute fingies twitch as he accusingly points at the stalky genie, but he stands serious even so.

The short, dark eyed genie blanches, but agrees nonetheless.

Jongin helps the shorter man up onto the couch and immediately leaves him there for the kitchen, opening the freezer to fetch a bag of frostbitten peas--and, by the time he closes the fridge door, the entire area is clean of any mess; in fact, the refrigerator he was just in was finally filled with the non-expiring his sisters made sure to bombard him with.

He skips towards the living room and smiles at the clean floor all the way to the clutter-free TV stand, and smiles widely at Kyungsoo who, finally, looked like the typical laidback but very good-looking guy on the streets of Seoul.

He wore an old looking thrasher hoody (“I saw this in a video once.”) with the hood thrown over now messy hair, and loose sweatpants that rode low on surprisingly defined hips with long socks hidden beneath them, though his Nike slippers were a bit more cool than Adidas socks; just his gold bangles remained. Hell, he still looked more modern than Jongin did!

“Here.” he says through a smile, carelessly dropping the bag of peas on Kyungsoo’s lap--said man cringing terribly in pain but still accepting it with a grin. “Thank you pretty, I’ll make sure not to make bold advances on you.” he laughs out, holding the cold bag to his injured groin.

Jongin laughs and twirls around the couch to grab his misplaced blanket, the modernized genie watching each step and sway in his marvelous hips and as his smooth tan legs prettily glinted under light--when the college student catches him, his clears his throat anxiously; now using the peas as protection.

“You know,” the taller male says, throwing the blanket over his shoulders, “you’re way cooler than actual modern people when I try to hang out with them...tell me about your genie adventures?”

There’s an eye roll so universal you can hear the ants doing it--but still Kyungsoo fills him in on desert tricksters and purposefully misinterpreting wishes that caused him to be caught by kings one too many times--and Jongin enjoys each story, feeling even better about the rain outside and the movie playing without notice.

...

Eventually, they start watching the movie; Jongin happy and Kyungsoo flabbergasted by Western adaptation of genies (“We’re evil, we trick people, and we are never blue!”) in such an iconic movie.

During their banter and movie discussion, Jongin realizes just how empty and lonely life would be by himself. It seemed like such a great idea at first, to leave the immaturity of jokes and his gross roommate behind--but now the thought was just sad.

All alone. In his own house. With no one to yell at for making a mess.

When the movie starts getting to it’s beautiful end, the tear-jerking friendship proven in the form of selflessness and kindness, Kyungsoo watches Jongin’s facial expression dim at what seemed to be the final set in of pure independence.

He likes this pretty boy too much already to have him so sad.

So, while Aladdin himself realizes what it means to be a good person; Kyungsoo mumbles kindly that, “You’ve still got a wish left, you know?”

Jongin kinda freaks.

“No! You cleaned the house, changed, and you’re staying with me...I don’t see how when you said no to an additional wish already.”

The stalky genie smiles, “You’re too pretty for me to take a change of clothes as an actual wish.” he says, moving away to float up and be that mysterious legless man again.

“One last wish, Nini.” he says, already preparing to make the tan babe happy and send him back to his shared apartment, or even bring him his dream lover--but Jongin just stares up at him doe eyed and bright.

He quotes Aladdin and Genie, word for word.

Kyungsoo wants to laugh, but finds it more touching that a cutie in tiny shorts would set him free just for watching Aladdin with him.

He snaps, and plops back down on the couch, his bangles now just craptastic wristbands.

“Then let’s watch more genie movies. Tradition buddy.”

///

“Wait you can still use your magic right because I'm still covered in--” “ShHHHHHHSHUSH! What is this Shimmer And Shine business all about?”



a/n: i hope this short crap fluff(?) attempt was good~