Chapter 1

I Think I'm Crazy

 

And there she slept, the love of my life, my baby beast, Son Chaeyoung, I pulled out my phone to snap a picture of her cute slumbering form, she mumbled something and fell silent again. Click my phone didn't flash but still made the noise.

She stirred once more and her eyes opened slowly, I froze on the spot “Tzuyu? What?” She managed to get out “did you just?” She rubbed her eye and yawned.

“Sorry!” I ducked back into my own bunk and hid under the covers. She's going to hate me, I'm a creep, a , stupid me I knew it was a bad---”suddenly my covers were removed and there she sat, with a confused smile on her face.

“You're not a creep, and you're too shy to be a ” she smiled. “Why did you take that picture?” She gave me a comforting look, one that made me feel like she wouldn't judge me.

“Chaeyoung I…… I……” my words got caught in my throat, it was too hard to admit it, after 2 years of knowing her and I still couldn't tell her how I felt about her, I was a coward. She took hold of my hand and smiled.

“You can tell me anything you know that, I won't tell anyone else I promise.”

My heart was racing, going a thousand beats per second before I knew what was happening I spoke “I love you!” WHY DID I SAY THAT? AM I INSANE?

Chaeyoung took a couple of moments to understand what I meant, she gave me a sad sort of smile “Tzuyu…. I-I’m flattered I really am but I don't….. well I'm not gay Tzuyu, I'm sorry” I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces, irreparable.

I didn't answer instead I ran out of the room, ran out of our dorms and down the street, I don't know how long I was running for but I was alone, I let the tears fall, staining my cheeks and making my make-up run.

Seconds, minutes, hours passed, I ended up falling asleep under a bridge, the only thing I had with me was my phone and the picture. I sat and stared at the picture soaking in every detail, her long brunette hair, her lips were just slightly parted, you could see two of her teeth, the little beauty mark below her lip, everything was perfect, no she was perfect not just her looks but her personality, she cared, she was funny, she was a little tomboyish and liked being called oppa.

My phone started ringing, and woke me with a bit of a start, I fumbled around with the touchscreen not bothering to look who was calling, finally I answered “Chaeyoung?!?” I answered in desperation “Chae is that you?”

“Umm no” the girl on the other end chuckled “It's me you pabo, Nayeon, Im Nayeon, your girlfriend” she sounded less impressed then “Anyway, where are you? Jihyo said she saw you sprint out of the dorms in the middle of the night, what happened?”

“Ahh hey Nabongs, everything is fine, I remembered I needed to pick something up from the shop” It was a very clear lie and Nayeon could tell, she was worried about me. “Hey do you want to go grab some coffee? We need to have a little talk about something”

“Uhh yeah sure, where?” I could hear the worry in her voice, not just for me but for us, no doubt that Chaeyoung has told her about what I told her last night, she’s the only other person that knows me and Nayeon are a thing, I was so stupid when I said what I said.

“Great thanks I know a place, I’ll text you the address on Kakao” I quickly googled local coffee places and sent her the address of a highly rated one nearby and quickly rushed there myself.

I arrived earlier than her and ordered us both drinks, I know exactly what she has without fail, an iced vanilla coffee. Just as I sat down she walked in, I could see the tissue packet in her pocket, She knows what’s about to happen? Goddamn it! She smiled as soon as she saw me, showing those two bunny like teeth, her beautiful smile, anyone would be jealous that I get to wake up to that smile every morning, that I can sleep in the same bed as that woman.

“Thanks, you always know exactly what to order me” she laughed nervously.

“Look about Chaeyoung---” I said

“I’ve been dating Jennie” She said at the same time

We both looked at each other with a mix of shock and confusion “You’ve been cheating on me?” I said breaking the silence.

“Well….. She… I…. Yes I’ve been cheating, I’m sorry” She bowed her head down in shame, she probably thinks I hate her, which is wrong, I don’t hate her, I’m hurt don’t mistake that but I don’t hate her at ALL.

“Well that’s…. That’s something….” I didn’t know what else I could say to be honest, I decided it best if I come clean now. “I like Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung, I have for a while I just didn’t think it meant anything serious but I didn’t want to hurt you so I didn’t tell you well at least until now….”

Nayeon didn’t look exactly shocked, in fact she looked somewhat relieved. “I can tell” She smiled softly. “You’ve never been good at hiding your feelings, you always stared at her, you followed her like a bit of a lost puppy” A lone tear fell down her cheek, she wiped it away before it fell too far “Why am I crying? I fell in love with someone else too so I shouldn’t feel like this” More tears fell.

“I’m sorry, this is all my fault, if I never………” She stopped me there.

“This is both of our faults, and no ones fault, we both fell for someone else, it happens, so no hard feelings.” She was so mature, she understood the situation entirely, maybe it was because she was the same with Jennie, she’s better at hiding things than I am, she has always been the better liar.

As if she knew what was happening I got a message from Chaeyoung, simple and short. “We need to talk” she included an address and a time, I didn’t have to meet her for another hour so me and Nayeon just kept talking, we remained really good friends despite what happened.

When I finally left Nayeon to go see Chaeyoung I felt scared, worried to what she would say to me, she turned me down, what else could she have to say to me? Curiosity was what made me keep moving forward otherwise I would have ran straight home and gone to lie in my own bed, my back was killing me (sleeping in the streets will do that to you.)

I arrived late and there she was, looking a little worried, sat in a booth alone, she was so small yet she stood out the most, her gorgeous eyes, her long brunette hair, every little detail, I was so mesmerised that I didn’t even notice her waving to me. “So sorry I’m late, I don’t walk as fast as I think” I laughed nervously at my own joke.

“Oh it’s fine I was a little late myself” She smiled softly and continued. “About what happened last night.” My heart sank immediately, I tried not to show any emotion to it but I feel like I did. “I’m willing to TRY a date, I’ve never done anything like this before and it sounds like I’m using you doesn’t it?”

I froze, did she just? “What?” maybe I didn’t hear her right, she can’t have said that, surely she can’t…. She’s straight, she’s had boyfriends before, she’s just gotten out of a relationship.

“I’m willing to go on a date Tzuyu” She laughed quietly.

 

A/N So this is the first time I've wrote anything for a while, it might take me a while to write for this since I was having some writing for a while, I'm just getting back into the swing of things, anyway thank you so much for reading <3