two

Chasing Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

sobremesa

(n.) the time spent around the table after lunch or dinner, talking to the people you shared meal with; time to digest and savor both food and friendship

 

 

Yoona and Seohyun were at a diner eating some pancakes and burger on that night. It was a weird combination but who cares, they like it like that. The two were having talk while sometimes they would laugh it out loud and jokes around, freely, without any paparazzi and camera’s flash that haunted their life or sasaeng fans. They are freely to do anything. They can dance, they can sing the way they want it.

Seohyun put some coins into the music machine and chose a song by Roy Orbison ‘You Got It’ while she began to sing along to the song. The old classic song never gets old, always evergreen, that’s what she thought.

 

‘Every time I look into your lovely eyes’

 

She sang it with a wide smile while pointed her fingers to an old man who keep clapping his hands followed the beat of the song.

 

‘I see love that money just can’t buy’

 

Yoona continued the next line when she stood on her chair. She made a small love using both of her hands towards the elders who were in the diner. And then she reached for a spoon and an empty mug and knocked on it, made sound ‘ting ting’ from it.

 

‘One look... from you.. I drift away.. I pray that you, are here to stay.’

 

Then Seohyun continued, they are taking turns in singing the song. She was spinning inside the diner, and grabbed a waiter, dancing playfully with him. The waiter couldn’t do anything other than laughing at the two belles. The elders also singing together with them while clapping their hands, swinging their heads and bodies side to side clearly enjoying Orbison’s song. Yoona went to an old woman and hugged her shoulder, relayed her warmth towards the old woman who sit alone there. The old woman looked at her and smiled.

When the song finished, the two bowed 90 degrees gracefully, as if they had finished their performance.

 

“Well good job you two. My treat tonight.” The waiter who Seohyun danced earlier said while winked his eye.

 

“Wh-what? Wait, why?” Seohyun ask in disbelief because what she did earlier just to have fun not more than that.

 

“Well, you two made all of us happy tonight. So the pay is on me, mademoiselles.” The waiter smiles sweetly towards the two of them. They jumping happily while not forget to hug him in happiness.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter