Road Trip

Less than Number ❤

     Clouds left the skies bleak here in Tokyo, Micah pulls her laptop closer to her stomach as she leaned against the head of her bed. She let out a small sigh as she scrolled down her browser to plan her next trip for sight-seeing and photo moments. Amateur photographer; hard-core adventurer. And right about now, she needed an adventure or rather, an escape. Her little sister Ani jumped onto the bed peeking at what Micah was searching up. 

 

"Me too, me too." Ani said as she hugged Micah excitedly. 

 

     After pondering for weeks where she should stay, Micah realized it was the start of the spring season and she never got to see the cherry blossoms fall in Osaka. Talk about picture perfect. And there it was, purchased train tickets for a perfect three day escape to Osaka.

 

     The hectic yet boring city of Tokyo became something Micah got used to and was no longer entertaining. Micah had distant family over in Osaka, Mr. and Mrs. Tsuda, but she hadn't seen them in years. Her father took her to see them every few years but due to work he'd been too busy. Mr. and Mrs. Tsuda were actually his adoptive parents that took care of him as a young boy. Mr. and Mrs. Tsuda had a wonderful home in Osaka that had nice Buddhist Temple furninishing. Micah vividly remembered receiving small Buddhist talismans as a child from Mrs. Tsuda, one like a bracelet she had been wearing since her last visit from years ago. She figured a nice visit will do, and she could also get out of her stressed city mind. 

 

     Ani rushed out of the room with a hop in her step and hurriedly came back with two large backpacks. "One for you. One for me." She said with a big grin on her face. As Micah push her laptop to the side, she questioningly got one of the backpacks and asked, "Someone's excited aren't they?" Ani then jumped back onto the bed and said, "Of course! I've never met Mr. and Mrs. Tsuda nor have I've ever been to Osaka... so I'm really excited to go Micah!"

 

     Micah's younger sister Ani has always been Micah's go to model, because Ani had a slim figure that was perfectly aesthetic to shoot photos with. The both of them grabbed their backpack and walked down the hallway to their closet. While Ani's backpack got filled with fun, colorful, and flirtatious clothes Micah could see the difference in their styles. Although only one year apart, Micah and Ani had totally different styles. Micah was super conservative and almost dressed like a mom. In fact, everything Micah did was like a mom. From her style, cooking or work ethic. She always was a motherly type since she grew up without one.

 

     After packing up their things, Micah and Ani went over to their father's room. Micah explained the trip and how long the two were going to be gone. Father then started lecturing about how the house should be in tip top shape before they left for the trip, he almost demanded that they start immediately. Growing up with no mother, Father always played both roles in the family. So Micah and Ani decided it was only fair to do their part, especially before the trip. As Micah stepped out of the room, her cell phone buzzed, and it was a messaged from 'Father' including the address to Mr. and Mrs. Tsuda's house and a little Buddhist prayer to keep the both of them safe. He also mentioned to burn some incense before leaving the house in the morning. Micah had a warm smile on her face knowing he meant well after all he had went through to take care of his kids alone.

 

     Rushing to clean the house before the night got too late, Micah and Ani quickly did a go through of the house. After leaving everything almost dashingly sparkly Ani ran through the hall yelling, "ROAD TRIPPP!" Micah grabbed some cookies and milk from the kitchen and sat down in the living room couch with Ani. As they shared the cookies, they went over a checklist to see if they had everything ready for the morning. Everything was perfect. They headed to their room as Ani said, "I can't wait to get out of here!" And with a soft giggle Micah replied, "Me too." Then Micah got into bed, pulled her sheets close and thought tomorrow's gonna be a good day.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Ah, the little sister is so refreshing ^^ Don't be a silent reader! Subscribe, upvote and comment! <3