End

In the heart of the Jungle
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sunlight had dashed through the heavy leaves of the jungle, creeping into Kang Seulgi's tree house by the window. The light slowly woke the woman up from her slumber, making her wiggle and slowly come out of her cozy fortress underneath her old but fluffy blanket. The coldness of the evening was slowly dissipating, the warmth of the sun slowly engulfing everything and every living creature with a big smile. It was announcing the beginning of a new day, of a new adventure and discoveries.

She jolted up awake, her eyelids still a little glued shut as she looked around her humble hut--or tried to--; a catastrophic condition to live in by society's standards no doubt, but for her it was everything she needed in this simpler life.

Sooner than later, a nice little colorful bird flew into said hut and sat quietly at the end of Seulgi's mattress. It sang and chirped lovely tunes, as if to tell the human friend to wake up and get up. Such a lovely tune couldn't be ignored, even with Seulgi's semi-asleep brain, she found herself swaying a little bit to the chirp, smiling wide afterwards. "Aish, I'm awake, I'm awake~"

The bird, seemingly content with her human's friend voice and comment, started to fly away and out of the hut, leaving the woman to prepare for her day.

With a lazy feet, she stood up from her bed and shuffled her feet against the board walking to where her clothes were, neatly folded in a table she made when she first crash-landed here, consisting of two empty boxes on top of each other and a piece of wooden board she found. Her clothes was nothing but jeans that reached her knees and an old black sport bra that she has been wearing for quite some time.

She then grabbed an old towel of hers and walked out of her hut, smiling at the beautiful nature before her, her horizons being covered by the rich green color of the trees and the tender blue sky upon her. Today was a beautiful day, and there was no other way to start the early morning than to have a swim, Seulgi thought. And so she climbed down her elevated hut and jumped the rest of the way down to the ground like an excited and adventurous child.

It was not long since she arrived in that island, perhaps eight months or so. Maybe more? (she wasn't keeping a count of the days), but she already knew the paths and her way around the jungle like the back of her hand, she knew how to come by with food and fruit, how to get water, how to make herself some weaponry and what not. Her life was significantly easier, now. No money, no preoccupations, no scandals, no nothing. By comparison, this life was almost paradise if you knew how to work it.

The sweet and calming sound of the water falling greeted her with open arms, some butterflies flying past Seulgi as she got closer to the place she was aching to see the most. A ladybug had stopped on Seulgi's shoulder even, not before flying into Seulgi's lips as if to peck her before stationing in her shoulders. "Oh!" Seulgi said a little surprised before laughing softly, looking over her shoulder. "Hello there~"

The lady Tarzan and the ladybug walked together and found themselves nearby the waterfall, staring at the current and the green leaves surrounding the water, the rocks, everything around her. Finally, the ladybug flew away, bidding the woman a farewell to go do his usual lady bug things... or was it?

Without hesitation, Seulgi took off all her clothes, folding it and placing it in a dry rock nearby. Then, like an excited child, she dove into the waters instantly with a big splash, not even bothered by the slight coldness of it.

Though she was by herself, she seemed to enjoy jumping about and splashing water around, not afraid of the water for once. Before, she was afraid of getting into water, seeing as she couldn't swim, but this pond reached to her navel almost, her feet touched the ground. She was not afraid of these waters, as long as she didn't walk too deep into the pond, she was going to be alright.

She got all her long hair wet and undid some small tangles here and there, then she proceeded to submerge herself on the water and try to hold her breath as much as  she could, admiring the small creatures beneath her, waving at them before she came out of the water and took a big deep breath.

However, she wasn’t going to be alone for long.

"I can hear the water nearby," Bae Joohyun said to herself, walking through the leaves, blindly walking forth through the dense greenness. When the ladybug hit her forehead, she jumped and flailed around before wiping her face. For being an explorer, she was a bit of a jumpy one.

The poor woman was frightened to the bone, going into the jungle with little to no acknowledge as to what she will find. She was not afraid of getting lost, but afraid of what animal she would find but misfortune. She was very scared of that, very very scared despite being here by choice. Her desire only told her to follow the sound of water and so she did. After walking for what seemed to be an eternity, she came out of the endless crowd of leaves and finally could see a path leading somewhere. She didn't even walk too much before she saw the waterfall, the pond and the beautiful nature.

Then, almost like in the movies, a beautiful and slim woman emerged from the waters, flipping her hair to the sides to shake of the water excess before she rubbed her face and took a deep breath.

What a sight, a dumbfounded Joohyun thought while her cheeks got as red as a tomato.

The woman's body was entirely , her figure was perfect, dainty and frail looking, her curves very discreet and were gently hugged and caressed by her brown wet locks that reached down to her almost, stuck on her wet body. Her attributes too were discreet, humble but very appealing to the eyes either way--there was an artistry to her figure, something crafted with delicacy. Her face was the most adorable thing and, god, those eyes! Those adorable fox-like eyes, staring right into Joohyun's, and a big goofy smile.

Wait...

"Hello!" Seulgi said excitedly, waving like a kid. "Are you here to have a bath, too?"

Joohyun's eyes were wide, looking up and down before her pale face became reddened in a matter of seconds. When she realized that she had been staring for a long time.


Seulgi tilted her head before looking down at herself, patting her own body a bit as if to shake away any dirt or dust.

"U-uhm," Joohyun started, clearing a little bit and looking away, not before taking a very generous glance of Seulgi's nicely toned body. "I am sorry, I didn't know there was someone around here, are you an explorer, too?"

Seulgi blinked a few times and laughed softly, walking out of the pond and getting closer to the woman. "No, I live here, ma'am," she said almost proudly, stretching her hand out.

"Oh!" The pale woman was quite busy covering her eyes with one hand before she stretched her hand out to the other. "P-pleasure to meet you," she said, feeling the other's firm grip on her hand as she shook her hand.

Out of habit, Seulgi leaned in and sniffed into Joohyun's scent a bit before she grinned. "Ah, you smell nice, miss."

Joohyun uncovered her eyes and tried to keep her eyes into the foxy, sultry eyes of the little Tarzan in front of her. Her eyes did go up and down in interest, but one thing she didn't notice is that Seulgi was looking up and down at her as well. She caught her looking, but it wasn't a malicious look that she often had with other people, this was more of like a curious gaze, something... natural about it made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, despite the odd circumstances.

She liked the way s

Please log in to read the full chapter