War

Black Sun

I've always been Different. My eye always twitches before something bad happens. I learned that the hard way after My mom passed away in a car crash and some how I survived. No one could explain how I wasn't in the backseat when the big rig hit us head on. Someone said I was found asleep in the grass almost three hundred feet away. I was 8 when it all started. After the crash. Every time my eye twitched, something horrible happens. A plane crash, earthquake, even when I was vacationing with my dad in japan and the tsunami hit. My eye twitched two days before.

 Sometimes I think I see ghosts. its not people more like black clouds following people or floating by. I used to be so scared. but now I just try my best to ignore it. when I was twelve I knew something was coming by dreaming of the crash outside my house. I tried to stop my neighbor from drinking that night but he started beating me up. I was saved by a boy a couple years older name Dong Youngbae. I couldn't prevent the driver from hitting the bus full of kids. but I was determined I would never ignore my abilities again.

When I was Sixteen I told Youngbae about them. I figured he would run but it was rather the opposite. He never leaves my side. I stayed at his house one night and discovered just why he wasnt afraid of me. I tripped over my feet, sliding one of his pictures off the wall, a hidden room filled with weapons was revealed in the hall way. I just stood there staring.Youngbae grabbed me from behind hiding us behind the door as his parents walked in took some weapons and left. Normal happy neighbors by day, monster hunters at night. Almost ten years have gone by. I've adjusted to him being my roommate in college. He takes picutres of me sleeping and I about his different hairstyles. We talk about our classes and looking for jobs. Sometimes I wonder if we are more like brothers or could we eventually be lovers. I know he likes girls but I dont care. I feel what my heart feels and lately it keeps beating faster everytime I see Youngbae.

I stayed late studing in the library one night. Youngbae kept asking me where I was, was I okay? I kept replying. He told me to stay and he would come pick me up after his training. He was officially a hunter at night, college student in the day.  It was almost midnight and he still hadn't shown I had a test due at 8 am and I needed sleep. I walked past the science building, then the giant gymnasium . our dorms were about half a mile away. Just the path way wasn't lit up a lot. and I could hear thunder in the distance. I was taken aback when I noticed a few black shadow cloud all going the same way, almost grouping, It was something I had never seen before. I know I shouldnt follow but when I started twitching then I couldnt stop myself. the thunder got louder. It was like all the shadows at the school were flocking to one spot.  I was so focused on the shadows I didnt notice the lighting hitting the grass beside me. I was in the air landing in some bushes before I realized I had even moved.

The biggest shadows turned into several bats. the moonlight was hidden by the storm, the rain pouring did not helping my twitching eyes vision. It even began to sting. I had never felt so scared in my life. the cloud of bats just floating in the middle of the field, then flew into the trees right passed me. I hear a loud scream, there was a guy at the tree next to me who just disappeared. I dont know if it was sand or ash in his place and I wasnt about to find out. I ran. I didnt look back, to afraid to follow. I grabbed my phone, hands wet from the rain, trying to call Youngbae. The bat cloud appeared infront of me again only to keep going straight. so I turned. I dont know what the hell was going on but I knew I needed my hunter best friend right now and he wasn't answering. 

"Youngbae!"

I kept yelling as I ran ending further and further towards the direction of our dorm. I felt a pull, then heard a growl, a pair of glowing eyes staring back at me, sharp teeth hanging from his mouth. I couldnt fight his strength. Vampire! it's a in vampire!. I pulled the holy water nacklace and splashed him, getting away for the moment. I turned back to see the black bat cloud making him into ash. 

"Youngbae! you bastard answer the phone. I dont what is going on"

I heard whispers and the word 

"War"

My legs gave way I fumbled down the hill, landing against the stone on the fountain. I saw two more vamps coming from each directions.

"Please go find another human, leave me be!"

Their teeth snapping at me

"You arent human!"

I grab the tree branch trying my best to break it into a point. The bat filled cloud landed in front of me and I heard.

"Hang on"

I was kicking my legs, as we rose from the ground, higher and higher. the rain still pour, wind blowing my face. There at our door step sat Youngbae on his phone, mine ringing in my hands. he finally called me after someone else did his job and saved me. another vampire no less. I was still scared but at least I wasnt surrounded. My eye had stopped twitching and the pain was gone. I had never had this happen til whatever bad is supposed to happen does

"Quit fighting I wont hurt you"

"Says the blood er"

"I saved you, you would do well to remember that human"

"Saved me only for other humans to die too. Just put me down at that corner and I can walk home."

I felt his finger on my head and everything went dark. I woke up in my own bed, no scratches or signs of anything last night. but yet I still had my memories. Youngbae said they always erased the minds but apparently it doesn't work for a freak like me. Just who was he? and why did he save me? I rose off the bed he sat there on his arms crossed just staring at me.

"Explain now because you werent here last night?"

I started rubbing the back of my head, my stomach growling

"I wont cook until you talk"

"Okay so normallt I just ignore the shadows but this time there were so many I COULDNT"

"Seungri, you know better. the best thing is to ignore everything"

"I know I shouldve listened and this.. this freak thunderstorm appeared and I swear I was saved by a vampire who kills other vampires"

"It had to be a hunter, why would a vampire kill others?"

"I dont know but he saved me from four of them."

He jumped off his bed searching my neck and arms

"I dont see a bite, but how do you remember?"

"Maybe its the freak part of me?"

"I dont like that they finally gotten closer to our town. we were doing so good keeping them at bay. But someone had been making more and faster than we can take them down. so right now theres a war about to break out."

"He said that too?"

I jumped out of bed

"He said war was happening"

"Maybe he was their maker?"

"Nah he was why would he kill them and protect me?"

Youngbae started digging through his bag. tossing all kinds of stuff on my bed

"This silver laced mace. It wont kill them but it does hurt. more holy water, two stake and a keychain sized one that when you shake turns normal size. a taser"

"Woah woah woah. I cant keep all this"

"Well I wont feel comfortable leaving you alone unless you have protection"

"Fine"

I took the minituare can of mace and the key chain stake. I refilled my holy water necklace before Youngbae finally gave in and cooked me breakfast. I kept thinking about the bats. and his voice. I never got to see his face. I was curious to why he killed them and saved me. I might know sooner rather than later, It was daylight lt the same eye twitching and headache I felt last night.

"Come to me"

I was in the middle of class hearing his voice. I took a other pill hoping my delusion would go away, but the voice only got louder.

"Come to me!"

I couldnt take it anymore my head was pounding. I grabbed my books left class. I got to my car trying to just closed my eyes maybe I could see him or something. I took a quick nap, but that didnt work when he started yelling

"Follow my voice, come to your house now!"

I couldnt fight him anymore. I gave in and went to see the vampire who saved me.

 

 

 

I know it's a short chapter I just couldnt get this idea out of my head.