Two Americanos

Homemade Dynamite

Baby, you were warmer than the scent of a café latte. 

 

As a very stressed college student, a quiet and tranquil coffee shop would be the perfect place to study. Min Yoongi had one particular coffee shop in mind, Monet's. With their sweet vanilla frappes and 'eyes rolling to the back of your head' worthy americanos. Yoongi was convinced no other coffee shop could ever compare to Monet's. Nothing would relieve the ridiculous amount of stress he felt other than a coffee cup pressed to his lips and the soft chatter of strangers and music in the background to help him focus. 

Yoongi was not the only person with this idea in mind. As Yoongi crossed the street to Monet's, arms stuffed in his coat as he ran across the street, he could see what looked like a full house. For a mere second he thought of settling for Starbucks, but his body had taken mind of his own and he was already inside. He shivered as he stood  in line. He hated the bitter winter of London and the way it seemed to engulf everything and everyone around it. His knees trembled a bit before the warmth of the coffee shop took over. Yoongi bit his lip as he looked around the coffee shop there was barely any room. "Just what I needed." he muttered under his breath. 

"Hello! What can I get for you today?" asked the cheerful voice of the cashier. The line had moved without Yoongi's knowledge and he felt embarrassed as he moved forward to the register. "Uh, may I please get an americano with a sandwich." Yoongi said as he fished in his wallet for his card. "Why yes of course. And we do apologize for the inconvenience, but due to a full house would you mind sharing a table?" the young blonde asked. Yoongi really did not want to share a table, but he desperately needed that americano. For that reason, he agreed and let the cheerful blonde lead him to a table near the back of the coffee shop. 

As he approached the table behind the cashier, he noticed the man sitting at the table. He was wearing a black hoodie paired with black boots, black ripped jeans, and a black baseball cap. Yoongi worried a bit because of this before he realized he was also in all black. The man looked up as the cashier apologized for the inconvenience and informed him Yoongi would be sitting at his table. The man appeared more as a boy when he looked up. He had round eyes and teeth those that gave the image of a bunny He smiles at Yoongi, not a warm smile but a "okay-this-is-a-little-strange-but-I-will-be-polite" smile. Yoongi smiled back as he sat down. 

Yoongi quickly pulled out his laptop and began to work. Even if the environment was not ideal he was determined to get that literature paper finished before reviewing for finals began. Yoongi could feel the man across him staring and he felt a little agitated by this. The silence that floated around the two was awkward and almost heavy, but Yoongi was sure as hell not going to break it. "Are you Korean?" The man suddenly asked causing Yoongi to wince due to the pop of his comfortable silence. Yoongi looked up from his computer to look at the man. He looked a bit embarrassed by his outburst and Yoongi found it hard not to chuckle. 

"Yes, I am. I'm from Daegu." Yoongi answered back in Korean and he saw layers of stress fade from the man. "Oh thank god! It would have been really awkward if you weren't! I'm Jungkook by the way, I'm from Busan." Jungkook said excitement pouring through his voice. Yoongi smiled with a nod. "Are you here to study as well?" Jungkook asked and Yoongi nodded, "Business." he specified. "Ah so that's why I've never seen you around. I'm studying to be an engineer." Jungkook said nodding in understanding. "London is quite beautiful, huh?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi nodded if Jungkook wanted small talk he would make small talk. His americano was yet to arrive and his laptop was still turning on. "Very crowded though." Yoongi commented turning his head to the kitchen in search of his precious americano. "You're not a very sociable kid, huh?" Jungkook chuckled and Yoongi turned his head back to him quickly. "I'm pretty sure I'm your hyung, kid." Yoongi said with hint of menace as his americano and sandwich arrived. Jungkook laughed but quickly apologized for the mistake.

Yoongi quickly sipped at his coffee feeling as though he had left his body in that uncomfortable situation and gone to heaven. Jungkook continued to make small talk throughout the dilema, but the strange part was Yoongi enjoyed it. He found himself asking Jungkook questions and answering the ones he was asked. He learned Jungkook was his junior 3 years and he had kind of a weird obsession with the Avengers. Jungkook was telling Yoongi about the time when he got lost near Buckingham palace when his phone rang. Jungkook answered standing up as he talked. "Yes. I'll be right there." He said as he gathered his things. "This was nice." Jungkook said with a nod. Yoongi nodded back as a sign of departure. He watched Jungkook scurry out of the coffee shop still on the phone before realizing he had yet to start that paper. 

Yoongi returned to Monet's the next day. His energy was dangerously low and he needed coffee in his system to allow him to finish the many reviews he was kindly handed that morning. With half a smile and a heavy heart he allowed the same cashier to lead him to another stranger's table. "It's crazy how busy it's been lately." She chirped as she led the way to Yoongi's newest seat mate. "You again?" Came the familiar deep voice to Yoongi's ear. He wearily looked up to the man at his, no their table and almost fell over. "Jungkook?" He asked in a somewhat shock. "Are you following me, hyung?" Jungkook joked and Yoongi rolled his eyes as he sat down. "No." He deadpanned, "I am just in desperate need of good coffee at the same time you are." Jungkook raised his eyebrows and folded his arms across his chest. "You look uh...ecstatic." Jungkook joked and Yoongi found the little strength he had in him to glare at the younger male. 

Their awkward stare down was interrupted by the waitress. "Two americanos?" She asked a little confused at the sitatuion infront of her. "Yes those are ours." Yoongi answered. The waitress smiled kindly and set their drinks in front of them before quickly leaving. "Your taste in coffee isn't too bad kid." Yoongi joked as he took a sip of the heavenly drink in front of him. Jungkook snorted in response before drinking his. "So who ran you over and left you to die?" Jungkook asked, "ha ha. No one. Being a business major just ." Yoongi replied with little will to be spiteful. Jungkook seemed to nod in agreement as he looked at Yoongi up and down. "Hey, kid. You do realize it's like negative 5 degrees out there? Where's your coat?" Yoongi asked sounding a tad concerned for Jungkook's well being. Jungkook sighed and loookdd at his hand on the table before shyly replying. "I didn't think the west would be this cold... I didn't bring any coats." 

Yoongi laughed, he laughed hard. His frame shook as he wiped tears from his eyes. "Unbelievable." He laugh. "You really thought-" "Yes, hyung I did now please stop laughing at me." Jungkook said embarrassed. Yoongi laughed a little while longer before sighing. "That was great. Made my ty day better thanks kid. But you should really get a coat I hear January and February are the worst months." Yoongi said suddenly sounding wise and not like he would love to be run over. Jungkook nodded shyly "yeah I'll be one soon." He muttered as he sipped on his coffee. 

 Yoongi was the first to leave that day. He gathered his things as Jungkook looked up from his work shocked or pretending to be shocked. "You're leaving our date without a word!" He spat very dramatically. Yoongi rolled his eyes sorry to leave the party so soon kid, but I have to get home. And please buy a coat." He said with a 'tsk' before standing up and waving a quick goodbye. He left the coffee shop with the feeling of being weightless. That coffee was magic on its own. He sighed as he crossed the street his legs feeling tired but not exhausted. "What a day." He sighed. 

The next day Yoongi returned to Monet's it had become his new home during finals. He arrived when it was busy but not as busy as the days before. He hummed happily as he was sat at his own table by the window. He his laptop and read his emails as he awaited his magic potion to give him the will power to finish all these papers and not runaway and become a recluse. His peaceful atmosphere gradually changed as more people poured into the coffee shop and he groaned in agony as he realized he would soon have to share a table. He felt a bit of his soul leave crumble when he say the waitress approach his table. He looked up and Jesus Christ, "Not you again!"  Yoongi shrieked in Korean as the same doe eyes individual stood in front of his table. The cashier quickly scurried away fearing a dilema. Jungkoook on the other hand smirked, "Miss me hyung?" He asked taking the seat in front of him. "This is honestly becoming very scary kid." Yoongi groaned into his hands. Jungkook sighed, "it's not that I am choosing to sit here that waitress is doing it on purpose you know."  Jungkook sighed. Yoongi looked over to the cash register and caught the waitresses staring and he sighed even deeper. "Well, now that we're stuck here. How's your day?" Yoongi asked and Jungkook chuckled. "As great as day where I am given a 12 page essay due tomorrow can get." He sighed bitterly. Yoongi winced in mutual pain for Jungkook "That must ." He said sympathetically and Jungkoook agreed. 

Time went on as if in a routine, Jungkook would make a smart comment and Yoongi would fire back with one even more clever. They would drink their americanos and sigh when they got stuck on a paragraph. Jungkoook would tap his pen and Yoongi would chew his bottom lip. Their atmosphere was nostalgic no longer one of two strangers. It was odd but not unpleasant. Jungkoook stood up sighing and stretching his arms. Two hours had flied by. "Leaving so soon?" Yoongi sarcastically asked and Jungkook grinned "Why will you miss me?" He smirked. Yoongi felt flustered by the question and Jungkook laugh. "Here." Jungkoook said handing Yoongi a piece of paper, "my number so you can stop stalking me." It was Yoongi's turn to laugh. "No really call me I can take you on a real date." Jungkook winked as he grabbed his backpack and headed for the door. 

Yoongi chuckled as he put the piece of paper into his pocket and continued to type away. That Jeon Jungkook was sure something else. 

Across the room behind the bar three very happy waitresses smiled in joy as they watched the whole scene. "I told you they had chemistry." One chirped as she made another latte.