Final

Gone Away

It’s been a couple of years since you and Wonho had broken up. Due to his busy and conflicting schedule after debuting with Monsta X, you two began to drift apart. It seemed like with every conversation the both of you had, an argument broke out and honestly you were sick and tired of arguing with him over the stupidest things. The night of the last argument, he had stormed out of your apartment after you confronted him about his changing attitude. 

 

 -Flashback- 

“Hoseok, can we talk?” You asked as soon as he walked in. 

He gave you a somewhat annoyed look as he set his bag down by the door. 

“Why? We always talk and it leads to arguments.” Wonho said while leaning on the island in the kitchen. 

“This is why we need to talk. You never listen to me.” 

“Because everything you say isn’t worth listening to.” 

You looked over at him, anger building up inside of you. 

“Really Hoseok? So you think your ‘new’ attitude is okay?” 

“That’s not what I’m saying I-” 

You cut him off. 

“No, that’s exactly what you’re saying. You’ve honestly changed since we first got together and now you’re becoming a serious .” 

“Maybe it’s because of you that I’m becoming such an _______. All you do is complain and quite frankly, it’s getting annoying.” 

“See?! There you go being an .” 

“Stop calling me that!” His voice began to rise. 

 

You got up from your seat and walked up to him. You could see the anger in his eyes. 

 

“You said you wanted honesty in this relationship right? Well, I’m just being honest babe. You. Are. An. .” 

 

You slowly said those words and turned around to walk away but Wonho grabbed your arm and pushed you against the wall. You looked at him with fear in your eyes. His face was inches away from yours when he began to speak. 

 

“You know what? I’m ing done.” 

 

He moved away from you, grabbed his bag and stormed out of the apartment. 

 

-End Flashback-  

 

And that was the last time you saw Wonho. He messaged you a few weeks later after you broke up with him, apologizing for his actions. All you could reply with was: You.  

 

Moving forward to today, you were out shopping with your best friend trying to enjoy your day off. While shopping, you noticed a familiar figure across the store who was very well guarded. Your best friend looks over and sees that you noticed something 

 

You looked up and saw a familiar figure across from you, very well guarded. Your best friend looks over at you and seed that you noticed something. 

 

"What do you see?" She asks. 

"I think that's Hoseok.." You replied. 

She looks and then her eyes go wide. 

"Omg that is him!" 

You then get this sad look on your face. 

"We can leave if you want." 

"No! I'm not going to let him run me out of a store that I like to shop at too." 

 

Wonho turned around and looked in the direction of you and your best friend. He gave you both a confused look, not sure if he was really seeing you. Once he confirmed his suspicions, he gave a slight smile and began walking towards you. At this point, you wanted to run away because you had no idea what you wanted to say to him after this long time away from each other. 

 

"Heyy ______. It's very nice to see you. You too ______." 

"Can't say I feel the same Hoseok." You scoffed. 

"Aww, my feelings are hurt babe." 

"Now you know how I felt. And don't ever call me babe again." 

 

Wonho reached out to grab your hand but you moved away. He looked at you, concerned. 

 

"What? You don't miss me?" He said with a smirk on his face. 

"Hell no. Come on _____. I think it's time for us to leave." 

 

You grabbed your best friend's arm and you both walked away quickly from Wonho. 

 

A Few Hours After.... 

 

You were sitting in your living room, catching up on 'Fight for My Way'. You watched how the two main characters went from being friends to lovers and it made you think about Wonho. You had wished your romance with him was loving and childish just like theirs, but it wasn't. When you were in the middle of an episode, you received a text. 

 

From: Hoseok 

To: You 

      I know I'm the last person you want to hear from right now. But can we meet up somewhere to possible talk about some things? 

 

You looked at the message in shock, wondering why he was messaging you. You put down your phone for a second to think about if you wanted to reply to him or not. After a little while, you finally decided to reply. 

 

From: You 

To: Hoseok 

      I have nothing to say to you Hoseok. 

 

After a few seconds, there was another ding coming from your phone. 

 

From: Hoseok 

To: You 

      For 's sake _____. Just talk to me! Or I'll come over to your place and wait outside like a crazy person. 

 

Part of you wanted him to come back but then there was the other part of you that wanted him to stay far away from you after your tumultuous relationship. You promised that if Wonho ever asked to get back with you or even talk to you that you would never say yes or acknowledge him. But it seemed that the part wanting him won you over. 

 

 

 

 

From: You 

To: Hoseok 

      Fine. I'll probably regret this later but come over. 

 

You began to panic after sending that message. You had all types of thoughts running through your head. Thoughts like: 'What if he wants me back?', 'What if this conversation leads to something else?', or 'What if this leads to another argument?'. You then heard another ding from your phone. 

 

From: Hoseok 

To: You 

      Great! I'll be there in 5. 🙂 

 

Your eyes grew wide and began to panic even more. You started clean up around your place and made sure it looked decent for when Wonho got there. You went into your bedroom about to change your clothes but then you thought, 'What am I doing?! I don't need to look cute for him. Nothing is going to happen.' While you were in the middle of your thoughts, you heard your doorbell ring. You walked quickly to the door, opened it, and there he was. Wonho smiled at you as you stepped aside to let him in. You led him into the kitchen and had him sit at the island. 

 

"Would you like something to drink?" You asked him. 

"Some water would be nice. Thank you." 

 

You went into the fridge and grabbed a couple of water bottles for the both of you. You passed one to him and cracked yours open, taking a sip. 

 

"So, you wanted to talk?" 

"I've missed you." He said lowly. 

 

His response surprised you and made you choke on your water a little. You really weren't expecting him to say that after all this time. 

 

"You've missed me? That's a shocker." 

"Why would it be? I'm being honest." 

"Honest? Something that I couldn't be but apparently you can." 

"_____, please stop. I didn't come here to argue with you." 

 

You sighed. 

 

"Fine. I'm sorry. I just don't know what I want to say to you right now." 

"Well, let me start it off then." 

 

He took a deep breath before speaking again. 

 

"The way things were with us, I honestly didn't want it to go that way. The arguing was unnecessary to me because I felt like we could have talked it out. I'm very sorry about the way I treated you when you were trying to tell me about the way I was acting. I should have listened to you and that has been eating away at me for the past two years. I just want to fix things between us and to see if you would accept my apology." 

 

You were honestly shocked by what Wonho was saying and unsure of how to respond to his words. You didn't expect any of that to come from him and honestly it made you feel like a weight was lifted off of your chest. The anger and sadness you were feeling seemed like it all went away. 

 

"Hoseok, this means so much to me. I really appreciate what you just said and I gladly accept your apology." You smiled at him. 

 

He let out a sigh of relief and smiled back at you. 

 

"Thank God. I thought you would stay mad at me forever." 

 

You laughed. 

 

"Absolutely not. I was just waiting for you to come to terms with your behavior and apologize. And it seems like you did." 

"Is it okay if I hugged you?" He asked standing up from his seat. 

"Absolutely." 

 

Wonho walked over to where you were standing and embraced you with his arms. You buried your face into his chest as you wrapped your arms around him, taking in the scent that you missed. 

 

"You still smell good." You said still in his embrace. 

Wonho chuckled. 

"Thank you." 

 

He broke away from the embrace and stared into your eyes. You stared back at him and then you began to feel the same way you did when you first met him. You were falling in love with him again. He bent down and his face was inches away from yours. You closed your eyes, aware of what was to happen next. You then felt his warm lips against yours and you felt like you were on a cloud. Wonho's hands cupped your face and began to deepen the kiss. You didn't want this moment to end but you knew if you didn't break away, this would lead to something you weren't ready for just yet. That's when you broke away from the kiss and looked down in order to avoid Wonho's gaze. 

 

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked. You could hear the concern in his voice. 

"No. I just think we should stop before it leads into something else." 

"Is there something wrong with that?" 

"Yeah. I just let you back in to my life and I'm not ready to go that far yet." 

"I completely understand." 

 

You heard a ding go off from his phone. Wonho looked as his screen and sighed. 

 

"What's wrong?" You asked. 

"I have to go back to the dorm. Everyone's waiting for me." 

"Well, don't keep them waiting." 

You giggled. 

"I want to spend more time with you _____." 

"Me too but the boys need you." 

"Fine. I'll talk to you later then?" 

 

You nodded your head in response. Wonho kissed your forehead and gave you one last hug. You led him to the door and opened it for him. Before walking out, he kissed your lips and walked down the hallway to the elevator. He shouted an 'I love you' which made you burst into laughter. You loved him too but you weren't ready to say it back to him yet. You stepped back into your apartment and stood up against the door, taking in the events that just happened. You got your first love back in your life and you felt great about. You thought Wonho had 'gone away', but it seems as though he was coming back and changing for the better and you were ready for this new start.