Chapter 2

Change Me

     Wendy startled when books slammed to the right of her. She wasn't the only one; she met the annoyed looks of the other students in the library. The voice of the perpetrator greeted her, "hello again. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Wendy didn't have to follow the red head's line of view to know that Joy was referring to the underclassman sitting across from them. "Well I am kind of tutoring someone right now. What are you doing here?"

Joy scoffed, "I'm here for tutoring, you did invite me after all."

Wendy tried to lessen the daggers Joy was sending to the poor kid in front of them. "Yes but usually people schedual one on one sessions with me."

Joy turned, smirk ever present, "already trying to get me alone? I am not that kind of girl Wendy Son!" The short girl sputtered, not knowing how to deal with Joy's suggestive comment. The look on Joy's face turned down right devious. "But I guess that depends on how nice you ask me." She finished it off with a wink and she swore Wendy's face turned as red as her hair. "Feel free to continue with your session, I can wait."

     It was hard for Wendy to focus on tutoring with Joy's stare burning a hole through her head. Trying to stabilize her voice Wendy continued, "so you carry that and multiply the second value," abruptly stopping when Joy leaned over. "Wendy, it would be better if I added you to me, subtracted our clothes, and divided your legs."

"Hey! You can't say stuff like that!" Wendy was trying, miserably, to get things back under control. The poor kid in front of them looked like about as mortified as she felt with the trouble maker's comments. Wendy coughed, "your homework is due Monday so you should start the rest of it over the weekend." The underclassman nodded. Everything seemed normal until a voice piped up, "I'd like to do you on Monday."

"Joy Park do I have to ask you to leave?"

Joy snickered, "only if you're coming with" her eyes purposely dragged over the shorter's frame. "You'll definetly be coming if you go with me, though." Wendy made an unattractive squeak of a noise and refrained from running out of the library. Wendy looked upwards with a look of pure anguish that seemed to scream "why me lord?"  

     Joy was having too much fun at the expense of the brunette. She was struggling to even hold in the laughter that threatened to spill out. It took a good five minutes for Wendy to carry on with the lesson, trying her best to focus solely on the numbers and formulas. Joy took the time to scroll on her phone, replying to Yeri's panicked texts over a failed prank, from time to time. The session seemed to pass at a snail's pace, until she heard the scrape of a chair in front of her.

"See you next Wednesday." Wendy smiled and only got a wave as the kid tried to get away from the library as fast as possible. "Okay so, Park, what do you need help with?"

"Huh? Oh, well everything I guess."

Wendy let out yet another awkward cough. "Well, what work did you you bring? We can start on that first." The brunette was not expecting for Joy to set up right where she was. She hoped that the other girl would sit across from her. Trying to create more space between them Wendy asked, "don't you want to move over there?" she gestured to the previously occupied chair.

Joy hummed, " I prefer to sit next to you." That seemed innocent enough, right? The brunette hoped that it was; she couldn't handle joy's flirting up close, she barely handled it earlier. 

Apprehensively, Wendy started to look over the girl's assignment. "This isn't too long. I can help you finish it in no time." She beamed at the prospect of going home earlier than intended. Joy could barely reply, that smile up close was debilitating. She was fairly certain that staring at something that bright would damage her eyes. A flimsy "okay" was all she could get out in response.

Both settled in to work, the book in front of Wendy and the assignment paper in front of Joy. Ten minutes later Joy was stumped on a question, calling out to Wendy for assistance. Leaning in Wendy checked the steps, pencil at the ready to correct any mistake. Intensely focused on the math, Wendy had failed to notice that the distance she covered had landed her very close to the red head. Had Wendy moved any closer, half of her right side would have been comfortably nestled on Joy's front. However, Joy did notice the proximity.  Wendy's perfume filled her lungs and unconsciously she whispered, "wow, you smell really nice. What is that? Citrus?"

Turning around to answer, Wendy stopped in her tracks when she noticed just how close they were. The way her eyes comically widened would've made Joy laugh, if time hadn't felt frozen. Her eyes tailed down to Wendy's lips and the action seemed to snap Wendy out of whatever this was. She moved back and shyly brushed her fringe back. "Thank you. Its orange, actually."

 

----------------

 

"Ugh, Joy what the hell are we doing in a department store?"

"Shut up, Yeri and help me find it."

Yeri rolled her eyes so hard she was surprised they came back. "You realize looking for the perfume she wears is, like, totally creepy right?"

Joy looked up at Yeri with puppy dog eyes. "Please Yeri just help me out!"

Rolling her eyes this much was going to give her a headache but the relented. Kneeling down to look through the bottles.

"Yah, Park Sooyoung, you're such a useless homoual."