Unbreakable

Unbreakable (I.M x Reader Oneshot)

The subtle stop of the train awoke you from your slumber, “Oh, I’m here already?” You asked yourself, “That wasn’t so bad.” You stretched and got up from your seat, quickly grabbing your bags and heading toward the exit of the train. The cold winter air hit you so fast as you got out, and you squinted your eyes as snow from the air hit your face. Your scarf covered you, but not well enough. As you made your way off of the train, You followed the crowd of people in front of you to the lobby of the train station. “God dammit, where is he?” You whispered aloud, turning your head in every direction.  The clock above you marked 12:06. He should have been waiting for you at that very spot, but he was nowhere to be found.
                “Yah! Y/N!” You heard someone call your name. You turned around and saw your boyfriend, Changkyun. A sigh of relief fell from you as you ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He smelled exactly how you remembered him since the last time you saw him, like fresh linen and a hint of your favorite cologne. You buried your face in his leather jacket and tried to take as much of his scent as you possibly could because you missed him that much.
                You finally let go of him to scold him, “Where the hell were you? I didn’t see you anywhere.”
                “I was looking through the menu for that café over there. I figured we could get one of those cupcakes that you love so much. I know you’ve been talking about getting one here for the past couple of weeks. Then we can go out to lunch maybe,” He explained. His deep voice sounded so soothing. It was way better than hearing it over the multiple phone and Skype calls.
                You nodded in agreement and he took your bag to carry it around, holding your hand with his free hand. His hands were so soft; you forgot how it felt to touch him again. It’s been far too long, but you were living the moment that you didn’t want to ever end. It was one of the best feelings in the world, just to get to see him again. You were so happy that you never wanted to let him go.
                The both of you made your way into the small café. It had a nice coffee aroma and there weren’t that many people around. Changkyun found a nice small table for you two to sit at. He pulled out a chair for you at your surprise, and you sat down trying to hide your blushing face. Changkyun went up to the counter and ordered for you. You looked at him from afar, admiring him. “,” you thought to yourself, “Look at that .” You bit your lip from the small moment of excitement before he turned back around and walked toward you with the cupcake in his hand.
                “Wow,” Changkyun said as he stared at you, “It must be really cold out there, hm? Your face got really pink!” He proceeded to sit down and set the cupcake down in front of you. “How cute,” he said as he made a kissing gesture to you from the other side of the table.
                You stuck your tongue out at him playfully and he did the same. It was a weird kind of cute thing that you two used to do when you were around each other. Changkyun pointed to the cupcake and you looked at it lovingly. “It almost looks too good to eat!” You whipped out your cell phone and took a quick picture of it, and then took a picture of Changkyun. He looked so handsome, even when he wasn’t paying attention. “Ah, I love you so much!” You let out. Changkyun looked at you, but realized you were still looking at the cupcake. “I love you, cupcake!” It had pastel pink icing with sprinkles that looked iridescent. It was topped with a wafer that was in the shape of a cartoon cat. You carefully peeled off the wrapper from a section of it and took a bite of the delicious red velvet cake. It was the most perfect thing you’ve ever eaten in your entire life. The taste was so amazing it almost made you want to start crying. You looked up at Changkyun who was giggling at you. “What?” You said with your mouth half full.
                “You look so cute when you eat,” He answered, still laughing a bit under his breath. “You remind me of a squirrel that’s found its first nut for the winter.”
                “Nice,” you added, “So I’m a rodent now?”
                He immediately started getting defensive, “No, no, no! It was just… I was-“
                “Geez, Changkyun, calm down. I’m only messing with you,” You said before you ate the rest of the cupcake.
                “Yeah,” he suddenly sunk down in his chair and looked down at his feet, “I.. I knew that…”
                You wiped your face with a napkin and looked at Changkyun from the other side of the table. “Hey,” you said to get his attention, and he immediately looked up at you. “Cheer up, babe. We still have a whole weekend.”
                “Ah yes,” he said back as a smile appeared on his face, “We should definitely head to the hotel to drop off your stuff so we can head out to lunch. I checked us in early this morning and brought my stuff into the room already.”
                The both of you got up from your seats and walked out of the café. Changkyun still carried your bag with one hand and held your hand with the other. He most likely missed you just as much as you missed him. You both made it outside and waited for the cab to come. In the meantime, Changkyun held you to try to warm you up. “Why did I come all the way up here during the coldest time of the year?” I asked him with a slight tone of sarcasm.
                “Because I wanted to show you one of the many places I grew up. It’s one of the closest places to you that I am familiar with, so we both win. And there’s an added bonus, I’m here.” He replied as he still held you tightly.
                What Changkyun said really hit your soft spot deep down inside your heart. You’ve been together for two years and it’s been such a struggle to see each other. He’s been so busy in Korea doing schedules, practices, and all other things. But yet, he still finds the time in his busy life to talk to you. The time difference has also been hard on the both of you. Late night texts, phone calls, Skype video chats, and Kakao messages were all worth staying up until all hours of the night for. Just to be able to know that he’s okay and to hear his voice meant so much to you. The day didn’t seem to go by fast enough when you awaited the chance to get to talk to him again. It was even hard for him to get to talk to you or see you, but he still did it. Even now, during his only two weeks that he had free. Instead of going to see his family, he flew out to Boston to see you. You both went through so much just to see each other, but it only proved your unbreakable bond.
                The cab finally arrived and you and Changkyun quickly shuffled into the back seat. “Hey, Changkyun,” you said to him, “Remember the last time we were both in the back seat?”
                “Oh, do I,” he winked at you and you both giggled like a bunch of kids.
                “Ehem,” the cab driver said, “Where to?”
                Changkyun suddenly snapped out of it and told the cab driver the address of the hotel. He rolled his eyes at the two of you and proceeded to drive. Like you even needed his approval, that jerk. You just ignored him and leaned your head on Changkyun’s shoulder the whole ride there.
                You seemed to have drifted off to sleep, something you’ve been doing a lot more recently in transportation, because Changkyun woke you up not even seconds later it felt like. You were finally at the entrance of the hotel. He paid the cab driver, got out of the car first just to go to the other side to let you out, and carried both of your bags all the way upstairs to the room. He stopped in front of the door to the room and asked you, “Would you mind getting the card key to open the door? It’s in the front pocket of my pants.” You didn’t even hesitate. You knew what he was up to. He could have easily put the bags on the floor and opened the door himself, but he wanted you to reach into his pocket for several reasons.
                Though you wanted to wait until you actually went into the room, you complied and dug into his front pants pocket for the card key. You inserted the card key into the reader all the while looking at him, and he looked back at you devilishly.
                As soon as you got into the room, you ran for the bed and jumped on it like you haven’t seen a bed in 10 years. You plopped right into the bed face-down and smelled the fresh linen. Kind of like Changkyun’s scent but not as inviting. You suddenly felt Changkyun plop himself on the bed next to you. You rolled to your side and smiled at him, and he smiled back cutely. He shuffled closer to you and kissed your forehead. You sighed contentedly and closed your eyes for a moment. Changkyun pulled your body closer to his and planted a kiss on your lips. You whined, begging for more. He granted your wish as he pushed your body onto him forcefully and started kissing you passionately. He went from your lips down to your neck. You let out a soft moan as he traced his hands all over your body. He pulled at your shirt but then, you both stopped immediately as you heard a knock at the door.
                “UGH, HOMEWRECKER!” You yelled out in frustration.
                Changkyun got up from the bed to check and see who it was. He opened the door to find out it was just room service asking if we needed any towels. You crawled to the edge of the bed and hung your head upside down. Changkyun bent down and kissed you. You laughed, “Are we in Spider-man now?”
                He laughed a bit and you sat up to look directly at him. “I’m hungry.” He said randomly.
                “Uh, okay,” You said back, “Lunch time?”
                “Yep!” He answered excitedly and then he picked you up and spun you around off of the bed.
                That caught you a bit off guard, but you didn’t mind that much. Changkyun noticed that you had a disappointed expression on your face, even though that was exactly what he was trying to avoid. He became worried, “What? What’s wrong?” He asked. You just shrugged. “Don’t worry about what happened before, okay? I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” He lifted your chin up and you looked up at him. He pecked your lips quickly before saying, “Now let’s go out to eat.”
                The place that he took you to was a very clean diner. Yeah, a diner. You knew he meant well by this though, because you trusted him. He knew good food. “This is one of the very few diners I know that has great food and TV inside,” he assured you.
                When you were seated in a booth, he locked legs with you from under the table as you ordered your drinks. When the waitress left, he got up and scooted next to you. “Changkyun, what are you doing?” You asked him as he took your hand and laced your fingers together.
                He looked at your hand in his hand and he smiled warmly. “I don’t even like being twelve inches away from you,” he whispered in your ear, “I want to treasure every moment we spend together like this. I missed this feeling. It hurts me too much to be so far away from you for so long. I wish I could always be with you.”
                A single tear ran down your face, “I know, babe. It hurts me too. I’ve been thinking about this for the longest time. I can’t stand being apart for this long.” Then you suddenly remembered something you were going to give to him. You wanted to wait for the right moment, but you figured it would be now or never. “By the way,” You interrupted the original conversation as you reached for the small box that you’ve been carrying in your pocket all day. “I wanted to give you your birthday present a day early if that’s okay.”
                “O-okay,” Changkyun responded with a surprised and confused tone in his voice.
                “Changkyun,” You began, “These past two years with you have been both very difficult and also very rewarding. Every time I see you, whether it be across an ocean or across a table, I get the most amazing feeling that I’ve ever felt in my entire life. You make me feel like the luckiest person alive. I want to spend every waking moment with you. Whenever I think about the fact that after this weekend, I don’t know when I’ll be able to see you in person again, it hurts too much. That’s why,” You stopped in the middle of it to take out the box and give it to him, “I want you to have this.”
                He looked down at the box a bit confused and then opened the top. Once he saw what it was, he finally realized what you were trying to tell him. His mouth opened in shock. “I-….”
                “I didn’t really plan out exactly how I was going to do this or what I was going to say,” You said, a bit embarrassed. You noticed that some people from the restaurant were staring at the both of you. “So, after this weekend, I want to go back to Korea with you. I already looked into it. We can get married off of the books, here, where we wouldn’t be questioned. And then and I can fly back with you. I already know that it’s going to be hard leaving my friends and family behind but this is what I want. I’ve made up my mind. I’m just hoping that you’ll agree to do this. Because I love you so much, more than anything in the world, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” You took a deep breath in and out and tried with every bit strength you had not to cry in front of everyone. “Please marry me, Changkyun. I can’t live without you.”
                He was hesitant for a couple of seconds, probably because he was trying to process everything that had just happened. “Y/N… I…” His breathing started to get heavy, because he was trying not to cry, and he just hugged you tightly. “You are such an amazing person. I love you so much, more than anything else.” Then he kissed you and said, “Let’s get married.”
                Your heart felt like it was going to explode. You weren’t even exactly sure if Changkyun was going to go through with it or not. You’ve even contemplated getting married, especially at your age. But you knew deep down inside that it was the only way to stay with him. You didn’t want to risk going another two years of long distance where it might fall apart. This way, to you, felt right. From now on, you told yourself that you were going to go with whatever felt right, especially when it comes to love. Because you already knew that the love between you and Chankyun was undeniably unbreakable.