END

Shape of You

Shape of You


I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body
Last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body

Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with the shape of you


 

Grinding; swaying; two strangers got lost in their own world. The strongest attraction could be fatal but they didn’t care especially when they couldn’t enough of each other.

Skin on skin; two ladies were making out with one another. Two arms around her waist; the other wrapped her arms around the taller lady’s neck. They shared a sweet tender kiss. God. Sweetness overload.

“You’re so beautiful.”

She was in full admiration for the taller woman. Their hands were all over each other. The taller woman’s arms fitted perfectly around her waist.

“You’re even more beautiful. You’re so perfect.”

“Where have you been all this while?”

“I don’t know. I must be blessed right now.”

The shorter girl’s dimple was simply deep as she grinned from ear to ear. The night was completely theirs.

-

Perfect.

No other words could describe their feelings tonight. They were meant to be together. Their bodies seemed to grow accustomed quickly with each other. The music slowed down and it was a ballad number.

The taller girl was quick to put her arms around the shorter girl’s waist while the other sneakily hid her face on the taller girl’s neck. There were smiles on their faces.

“So, what’s your name?”

The taller girl had to know.

“Wheein. Jung Wheein.”

“Ah, Wheein. That’s really cute.”

Wheein blushed immediately but quickly asked the other for her name.

“And what’s yours?”

“Solar. Solar Kim.”

“You’re so hot.”

Solar was blushing too. But she managed to plant a soft kiss on Wheein’s lips.

“I just cannot believe that I found you.”

“Why is that so?”

“Before you, I was dragged her by my best friend. She said I needed to get out.”

“That’s strange. I was dragged too. She said I’m getting too annoying and infuriated lately.”

“So we have the same kind of best friends.”

“She has been my best friend since middle school. But I’m grateful she did this. We met.”

Solar nodded and went for another kiss.  Wheein responded swiftly and the two were lost once again in their own world.

-

“Where the heck is this woman?!”

Moonbyul was back at her table. She was dancing with her friends and left her best friend earlier on. The woman refused to follow her because she was not interested.

“Byul ah, where’s Solar?”

One of their friends, Seulgi suddenly realized someone was missing too.

“I have no idea. We left her earlier on and now she was missing.”

“Do you think she went home?”

“Nah, I doubt so. Her bag is still with me.”

Seulgi and Byul looked around and scanned the whole place. But yet there was no trace of Solar. Moonbyul was getting worried because Solar had just got out from a painful relationship. She got her heart broken and was going through a difficult time.

She dragged the girl out so that she could let out some steam.

“I should have dragged her to the dance floor earlier on.”

“Maybe she went to the washroom. Let’s just walk around and look for her. Maybe she’s having her own fun.”

Seulgi dragged Moonbyul with her as they wandered off to look for their friend. In the meantime, another girl was panicking when she realized her puppy was missing.

“YA! Did anyone see Wheepup?!”

Their friends shook their heads.

“We were with you on the dance floor.”

“Damn, I shouldn’t left her here alone.”

“Don’t worry, Hwasa. We will help you to look for her.”

Hwasa quickly nodded and went off on her own. She was worried because Wheein had been through a difficult time since her last girlfriend cheated on her. It was almost a year but her best friend just couldn’t get over it.

Hwasa decided that she should step in and help her best friend. Wheein was taking too long to be healed although she kept telling her it was okay to let time heal the pain. Wheein has lost incredible of weight and had not been smiling that much.

“Wheein ah, where are you?”

-

An hour ago.

“Why are we here?”

“You need to chill.”

“Byul ah, I thought we already discussed about this.”

“Yes I know but enough is enough. How much longer do you want to fret over that person? You deserve better than this but you’re not meeting new people. Please, do me a favour as your best friend. Krystal is joining us with her hoobaes. Let’s just enjoy for the night, okay?”

Solar was forced to join. She hated it but she knew she had to stop somehow. Her best friend had been trying so hard to cheer her up. And she loves Byul. So she decided to tag along. She went with an open heart. There was no other agenda. She just wanted to do Byul a favour.

Once at the club, Moonbyul was clearly excited to see her girlfriend, Krystal. The pair has been dating for the longest time and Solar was envious of their relationship.

“SOLAR UNNIEEEE!”

“Hey, Krys!”

“It has been awhile. Looks like my baby managed to drag you out.”

“I’m doing her a favour. She could get really annoying after a while.”

“YA! So much for a best friend!”

Solar and Krystal laughed at the pouty Byul. Solar pulled her best friend closer and hugged her tightly. She was grateful.

“I was just kidding. I’m grateful to you.”

“Good, so now do you want to join us on the dance floor?”

“I’m not in the mood now. Let me get some drinks.”

“You? Drink?”

“Yes, I know I’ll get drunk easily but just let me be for the night.”

“Okay, just order one bottle and I will keep tabs on you.”

Solar rolled her eyes when Moonbyul started to act like her mother. She pushed her best friend to her girlfriend and sent them off to the dance floor. The rest of the hoobaes greeted Solar and the older girl acknowledged their presence.

“Unnie, do not go anywhere. Just stay here.”

Seulgi reminded her and Solar nodded obediently.

“I’ll just stay here.”

She replied before taking her order. A bottle of Heineken was good enough. Solar Kim was a horrible drinker.

-

 “ANH HYEJIN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”

A lady was kidnapped by her best friend at the bus stop in front of her office. She was waiting for her bus when two women just grabbed her and shoved her into the van. She was terrified at first but when she finally realized something was fishy, she saw a familiar face with the creepiest smirk.

“I have had enough of you being a wet blanket every time I wanted to party at a club.”

Hwasa rolled her eyes as Wheein pouted her lips like a child.

“I’m heartbroken.”

“Yes I know.”

“What makes you think I can party?”

“My dear friend, you need to meet new people. That woman is probably enjoying the of her lifetime while you, you seemed like you’re doing prison time.”

“And a club is the best way to meet new people?”

“They are fun. You can drink if you don’t want to meet new people.”

Wheein gave a little thought. She grew up with Hwasa. They met in middle school and Hwasa has been tolerating her nonsense for the last couple of years. Even after the break up, Wheein was hanging on to Hwasa for her dear life. It was too painful to be alone.

“Fine. But you promise not to force me to meet new people.”

“I promise.”

“And hi to you, Hyuna.”

Wheein greeted the other woman. She smiled gleefully.

“I thought I was invisible.”

“Your girlfriend’s insanity is difficult for me to apprehend.”

Hwasa smacked Wheein’s thigh but Hyuna took Wheein’s side.

“You know baby, sometimes I’m jealous of the two of you. Are you sure you’re my girlfriend?”

“Never ever doubt Anh Hyejin’s love. Jung Wheein is such a whiner. She’s not my type.”

A loud smack could be heard and Hwasa was rubbing her forehead. Hyuna giggled before grabbing her girlfriend away from Wheein. Those two could really get into a fight if she didn’t stop them.

-

Solar took sip of the Heineken. She couldn’t drink. Nobody could save her if she got drunk. But she was slowly getting tipsy. She shook her head.

“How weak can you get, Kim Yongseon?”

That was Solar’s real name. She cursed softly at herself before scanning around the club. This was definitely a lesbian club because majority of them were girls. Solar sighed as she watched couples dancing. Some were kissing and many others were probably doing something .

What the hell was she doing here? Her ex-girlfriend left her heartbroken. After a few years being together, she decided to be straight and get married. She left Solar because she was afraid her family would find out about them.

Geez. Solar was slowly getting frustrated when she thought of her ex. Love was just stupid sometimes. She wished she didn’t have a heart so then she wouldn’t have emotions. Feeling annoyed at herself, Solar started drinking more and more.

“To hell with everyone.”

She drank till the last drop.

-

Damn you, Hwasa. You just cannot wait to get down with Hyuna, aren’t you?

Jung Wheein was left alone the moment the trio reached the club. They met up with some of their friends and all of them headed to the dance floor almost immediately. Wheein wasn’t in the mood to dance so she stayed at their table. She took her sorrows to drinking instead.

She was a good drinker. She took her time as she carefully observed the people around her. There were plenty of pretty women around the club. Wheein herself was approached by a couple earlier on but she shrugged them off politely.

She wasn’t ready to move on. She should have moved on because her ex-girlfriend was a cheater. She was dating two women at the same time and the other party turned out to be her supervisor. Wheein was bewildered when her ex-girlfriend gave a lousy excuse.

“She was the one who came on to me and she’s older than you.”

What a piece of crap. Her ex-girlfriend was a bull. Enough said.

But the damage was done for. Wheein loved her and all she got was just heartache. The thought of hr ex-girlfriend annoyed her to the max. She started drinking profusely.

“To hell with everyone.”

-

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body
Last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body

Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with the shape of you

 

Solar was drunk. She was absolutely drunk. She managed to drag her feet to the dancefloor. Her favourite song was playing and she knew she was beyond control. She was swaying dangerously when suddenly she knocked into someone’s back.

“Oops, sorry. I’m a little drunk.”

Solar managed to look up and found a woman smiling at her with her arms wrapped protectively around Solar’s waist. She was holding onto the drunk woman.

“It’s okay but are you sure you can stand on your own?”

“I think I drank too much. But I love this song.”

“I know. Me too. You just had to dance, right?”

“Yeah.”

Solar suddenly realized she was in the stranger’s arms. She blushed and slowly felt awkward. The other girl realized it too. She was about to pull her arms away when Solar missed her step. She fell forward and their bodies touched.

“Oof.”

“I’m sorry. Maybe I should go back to my table.”

Solar was about to walk away when the other stopped her.

“I’m kinda alone.”

“Me too.”

“So, why don’t we dance together? If you don’t mind.”

“Yeah sure.”

There was a pull and push attraction. Definitely Solar was attracted to this stranger woman.

She’s cute. Who’s she?

-

Wheein was getting bored when her favourite song was blasting from the speakers. She smiled to herself and decided to join the party-goers on the dance floor. She was on her way to find her friends when someone knocked into her.

She quickly turned and somehow managed to catch hold of that someone. That someone was a perfectly gorgeous woman with pink hair. Wheein was taken aback. They were close and the woman was a little drunk.

“I’m sorry. I’m a little drunk.”

Wheein thought she was cute to admit she was drunk. But seeing how precariously the other woman tried to move around; Wheein thought it was better to hold on to the woman. They talked for a bit and somehow ended up dancing together.

Wheein found her heart beating rapidly each time their hands touched. Her eyes were only on that woman. That smile; that dimple and that round eyes – god, this woman in front of her was just so perfection.

They faced each other as they danced. The woman in front of her was such a flirt and Wheein knew she was being seductive as she bit her lips.

“Don’t do it that.”

The woman whispered.

“Why?”

Wheein replied.

“You might not go home tonight.”

Jung Wheein was being playful.

-

The next morning

Solar woke up with a bad headache. Her forehead creased as she felt a throbbing pain banging against her skull. It was really horrible and her hangover was killing her slowly.

“Oh my god, why did I drink so much?”

She cursed at herself as she slapped her forehead with her palm.  Then she tried to pull in her other free arm but it wasn’t that free at all. Something or specifically someone was lying on it. Her eyes grew larger.

She slowly turned her head and was stunned to find a woman sleeping close up to her. The other woman was resting against her arm and her lips were so close to hers. She covered immediately. She screamed in her head.

WHO IS THIS?! WHAT AM I DOING?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

While she was panicking by herself, the other woman was slowly waking up. She pulled Solar closer by her waist; Solar held her breath.

“Hmm.”

The other woman whined softly but still not realizing what was going on. She shifted carelessly before rubbing her eyes. She stretched her arms out and Solar was still covering with her eyes wide open. The woman then slowly opened her eyes and it met with Solar’s.

OH.MY.GOD.

She screamed out loud.

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHO ARE YOU!?”

The woman sat up immediately but instead the blood rushed to her head. She winced in pain.

“Ow.”

Solar sat up beside her and looked concerned.

“Are you okay?”

“Not really, my head is spinning.”

“Ah. I know you’re confused and bewildered. Me too. I woke up to find you lying next to me.”

Solar was staring at the woman in front of her. The woman had her eyes shut before she opened up slowly. Her cheeks instantly blushed when their eyes met again.

“I think we had too much drinks last night.”

“I guess so.”

The two of them were feeling really awkward. Suddenly Solar lifted the blanket up. She was stunned when she realized she was . The other woman did the same thing.

“OH.MY.GOD. WHEEIN AH, WHAT THE DID YOU DO?!”

Solar was having another wave of headache attacking her at once. She was rubbing the tip of her nose. She wanted to run away but she knew she couldn’t be irresponsible. She looked at the woman next to her. The woman was looking at her as well.

“Your name is Solar, right?”

“Yeah, and if I can recall properly, your name is Wheein.”

“What are we going to do now?”

“Umm.. I.. have no idea.”

Wheein suddenly realized she was unfamiliar with the place around her. She looked up at the ceiling and frowned.

“Wait, is this your place?”

Solar looked around. The place was familiar. She started screaming at the top of her lungs.

“MOON BYULYI!”

Wheein was extremely shocked with the sudden scream. Then she heard feet shuffling outside the bedroom door and someone burst in immediately.

“WAE? WAE?!”

Two women were standing at the doorway. Wheein recognised the shorter woman.

“YA!”

She was pointing at the unknown woman.

“Good morning best friend!”

The unknown woman was really chirpy in the early morning.

“WHAT THE HECK?!”

Wheein screamed in disbelief. But the unknown woman was undeterred.

“Had a good time?”

“YA! HWASA AH! What are you doing there instead of helping me?!”

“Do I have to? You were all over her.”

Hwasa was pointing to Solar. Both blushed immediately. Solar then suddenly narrowed her eyes at Moonbyul. The latter was sniggering away.

“What? You didn’t even bother to introduce that girl to me. You were all over her last night.”

Moonbyul was grinning away. Solar swallowed hard but she didn’t want to back down.

“So you took us back to your house?”

“I was searching for you when I saw Hwasa. She was frantically searching for someone. Then the both of you appeared in front of us; smiling and laughing away.”

“And then two of you kissed.”

Hwasa continued and the two women did high-fives with each other. The other two had their jaws fell to the ground.

“We will leave you alone. Have more romantic time. We will talk later.”

Moonbyul put her arm around Hwasa before leaving the two red-faced women alone. They were so bewildered that they couldn’t say anything anymore.

-

Both women had washed up and dressed neatly. They sat next to each other. Both minds were still in scatter but they knew they had to settle this problem. However it felt even more awkward. Solar was nervously twisting the hem of her skirt while Wheein’s eyes were desperately looking elsewhere.

But both knew they had to face this somehow. Finally someone broke the silence.

“Wheein-shi, I think we need to talk about this.”

“Uh, yeah. I understand, Solar-shi.”

Both were still uncomfortable but Wheein scooted closer. She preferred eye-contact but Solar was really shy. She avoided Wheein’s eyes.  Her cheeks were blushing. Wheein looked on and then a smile planted on her lips.

She had a good look at Solar; she felt her heart beat faster when Solar gave her a quick but shy smile. There was something in Solar that shook her heart.

“Wow. She’s really beautiful.”

Wheein froze as Solar suddenly leaned closer and wiped the tip of her nose.

“Err, there was some black dust on your nose.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

Solar then flashed her megawatt smile. Her eye smiles appeared almost immediately. And Wheein’s heart plunged.

OH GOD. NO. THIS CANNOT BE. MR CUPID, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING WITH ME?!

-

Solar was staring weirdly at Wheein. She seemed to be in a trance.  She shook the woman gently but Wheein was still gazing at her. It was awkward but Solar found it amusing. It seemed like Wheein was falling in love with her.

GAWD.

What the hell did she say?

Falling in love with her?

Me? That odd looking woman, me?

Suddenly her cheeks warmed up and Solar knew something was wrong. She had that same feeling when she was falling in love with her ex-girlfriend. Suddenly her mind was focused on Wheein. She was curiously interested to know more about Wheein.

She cleared and Wheein woke up from her trance. Solar reached out for Wheein’s cheeks with both hands. She smiled and Wheein’s heart died once again.

“Your cheeks are warm.”

“I think I’m having fever.”

Solar chuckled and nodded.

“You’re so cute. Your cheeks are slowly turning red by the second.”

“Are you teasing me now?”

“If I can see your cheeks turning red all the time, why not?”

Solar was clearly flirting and Wheein was taken aback. But she felt pleasantly happy when Solar showed some interest in her. So she got braver and leaned closer.

“You know, we have already done that. And I swear to God that you have interest in me. And my heart has been racing since just now like crazy.”

Solar was dying inside. Wheein’s husky voice was coming on to her in the weirdest manner. She was getting . But she maintained her smile.

“Ah. Okay. So what are you trying to say now?”

Solar winked and Wheein’s heart melted.  Wheein suddenly wrapped her arms around Solar’s waist. She leaned closer and Solar was eyeing her lips.

“I’m single.”

“Oh really? So I guess you’re god-send?”

“Am I?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t we kiss and decide whether you are?”

Wheein winked and then whispered softly.

“I thought you would never ask.”

Solar didn’t reply. She just planted her lips on the other woman’s lips.

-

Both women were lying in bed; arm in arm. They were kissing; making out and for some reason, both just wanted to spend time with each other longer. Their best friends had left the house earlier on. They decided to leave them alone.

Solar was hugging the younger girl. They got to know more about each other. They shared their birthdays; their past and even their heartbreak stories. Both immediately sympathized with one another.

“I guess now I know why we met. We are meant to be.”

Solar agreed with Wheein.

“Should we give each other a chance then?”

Wheein nodded shyly and then started singing – “Shape of You”. Solar joined her and both giggled as the song ended. They knew this song would be their song somehow.

Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
I'm in love with your body
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with the shape of you

 

And all they did all day was to stay in bed and falling in love deeper and deeper.

-