Final

Goodbye, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Two years ago, 10 minutes right before he turns 20, Taehyung, only wrapped in his favorite long brown coat was waiting in front of the park's entrance. His neck almost broke from looking around, searching for a certain face. He had been waiting for more than two hours now, the white roses which he bought fresh and bright in color were now withering because of the coldness. Taehyung felt his hands getting numb because of the freezing weather. But who was he waiting for?
.
.
.
.
He got tired but he never felt disheartened. He had high hopes. He knew that the odds won't be against him tonight because it's his birthday. He kept that warm smile of his on his cold face. Blood almost left his cheeks.
.
.
.
.
"Taehyung-ie?" A voice appeared and his cold body became warm again. His energy rose up, so did his hopes. The flowers which he thought lost its life and beauty came back to life when the sole reason of his endless waiting finally came. She was wearing a white dress, the same dress she wore when he first saw her as a woman. Her hair was flowing straight, black and pretty.
.
.
.
.
"Pretty Seul~" He spoke, his voice almost croaked and immediately cleared his throat before speaking again. "A-are you cold?" He asked as he immediately took his coat off. He was freezing to death yet he still thought of giving her his coat. Seul, the girl whom he was waiting for quickly ran to give him a warm hug. Taehyung paused and he could feel his heart raced when her small frame was close to his body. His cheeks flushed, his hopes were getting high again.
.
.
.
.
"N-no. It's okay. I'm not cold Taehyung-ie." She smiled as she pulled away, still holding onto his shoulders. White smoke appeared from as she exhales, staring at the young man's face as she gave him a warm smile. "Why are you out here waiting for me in the cold?"
.
.
.
.
Taehyung's smile widened and gave her the flowers instead of answering her question.
.
.
.
.
"For me? What's the occasion?" She asked, as she hugged the bouquet and smelled it. "They're beautiful. Thanks."
.
.
.
.
"It's my birthday in three minutes." He said, this time Taehyung was starting to feel nervous. Seul just stared at him waiting for him to continue.
.
.
.
.
"Oh! Yes! How come I didn't remember this?" She sighed heavily. Upset that she didn't remember his birthday when she has been all his friend for years. "Sorry, Taehyung-ie. I totally forgot."
.
.
.
.
"It's okay." Even though Taehyung felt a sharp prick on his chest when she said that, he understood. "I have a wish on my birthday."
.
.
.
.
"But we don't have a cake and a candle!"
.
.
.
.
Taehyung immediately pulled out a lighter from his pocket. He took it from his brother's room since he was underage to buy it from the store. "I can use this!"
.
.
.
.
"Aigoo," Seul cooed and pat his head. "You're going to get trouble with this,"
.
.
.
.
"Ani-ani." He shook his head chuckling. He checked his wristwatch to check the time and it was already three minutes past 12. "Oh! It's time."
.
.
.
.
"Really?? Quickly! Make a wish!"
.
.
.
.
Taehyung nodded and prepared his heart and mind for his confession that he has been thinking of doing for long. He has been in love with his best friend since God only knows when. She was there for him most of the times, and he wanted to be selfish of her.
.
.
.
.
Because of her, he wanted to be a filmmaker. He wanted to make films that she will love. He wanted to record moments that only happens once. He wanted to treasure those smiles using his camera.
.
.
.
.
The light was on and Taehyung only got at least 5 seconds to make a wish. "Here I go." He said and closed his eyes, telling his heart to be ready and brave. Seul was waiting for him eagerly with her beautiful smile. "My birthday wish is..."
.
.
.
.
"Eh? What are you guys doing?" A man's voice appeared from the other side, cutting Taehyung's thoughts. He turned to look who it was, he found his older brother Namjoon walking down the hill. The tall and perfect built figure was approaching them with loud steps.
.
.
.
.
"Oppa!"
.
.
.
.
Taehyung heard Seul chimed and ran towards his brother. He didn't know what was going on and why was Namjoon here. "Hyung.." But before he could continue, he saw the two held hands and hugged each other.
.
.
.
.
This time, Taehyung was disheartened. He had never experienced pain like this until now. Why? Out of all people in this world, why Namjoon? Why his brother?
.
.
.
.
"I couldn't find my lil brother at home. I want to give him something." Namjoon said as he hugged Taehyung as well. "Happy birthday Taetae."
.
.
.
.
His heart was crying but he couldn't show it to him, not to his brother that he has been looking up to since he was little. Namjoon handed him a box wrapped in blue polka dots paper. He was grinning as he gave it to him. "What is this?" Taehyung asked.
.
.
.
.
"Open it first!" Namjoon said and so Taehyung did. He was greeted by a new camcorder, the one that he has been dying to buy since then. His heart somehow felt joyous because of this present that he couldn't help but smile widely and hugged Namjoon.
.
.
.
.
The two pulled away and for Namjoon, he immediately held Seul's hand and pulled her close to his side. "Well I think this is a good timing Taetae, but you know, as you can see.."
.
.
.
.
"Ohhyung, when did you start dating?" Taehyung cut him off, he was trying his best to smile widely. He wanted to conceal his crying heart with his wide smile.
.
.
.
.
"Well, we've been together for 4 hours." Namjoon smiled as he playfully nudged Seul to his side. Seul was embarrassed. Her cheeks flushing red as she exchanged looks at her boyfriend.
.
.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter