Lesson 1 : Don't Enter The Club

Misadventures of Us

 

 

“Finally!” Luhan exhaled as loud as he can, literally holding tears of joy just seconds after the professor stepped out of the class, signing the end of today’s lesson much to Luhan’s relieve. He slumped in his seat as everybody else made a long bee line out of class. It’s a Friday after all and everyone is just as eager to leave the university grounds and never return until Monday comes along.

 

 

 

 

As soon as he left the university building, cold autumn breeze slapped Luhan right on the cheeks. But did he protest? No, not at all. In fact, he smiled brightly to himself along the way and skipped joyfully towards the bus stop while ignoring the weird stares other pedestrians give him. When the bus came, Luhan even let others go in first and settled with standing by the door of the said vehicle because all the seats are taken. His mood today is just wonderful because, who doesn’t like weekends?

 

His apartment block wasn’t far from university, just a few minutes bus ride and he’s already standing in front of the said building. Once he exited from the bus, Luhan smiled ear to ear and wasn’t bothered by the unforgiving cold weather even though he might look a little out of his mind. The elevator today isn’t working but Luhan didn’t even pay any attention to it as he literally skipped up the stairs while humming a song from teletubbies. When he made it to room 412, the boy threw himself on the worn out bean couch and immediately rummaged the content of his bag. A voice message was sent to his phone and it didn’t take Luhan a second to open it. And it seems that Minseok, his fussy best friend slash housemate slash ex, is going out on a blind date tonight which leaves Luhan a full night to himself.

 

 

 

“Hallelujah!” was the only thing that came out of Luhan’s mouth as he ran towards his bedroom.

Of course as someone who had been ually deprived for most of his grown up life, Luhan won’t pass this once in a lifetime chance. Yes, he is going to get himself laid tonight and no one is going to stop him.

 

 

 

 

It was nearing 9 pm when Luhan stood in front of his body length mirror and stare at his own reflection. He is more than ready to go. He got his makeup done with those pain-inducing eyeliner and lip gloss with a little touch of mascara and blush here and there that will make people turn their heads, dressed up in one of the tightest leather pants he could find in his wardrobe matched with a fancy shirt along with a neat blazer, and styled his hair up to complete his look. Well, he’s got to be the most desperate man to get laid hence all the effort he made. All he needs to do right now is get in a club downtown, get someone, do the fluttering eyelids thingy and boom, he gets what he wanted. As easy as that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

 

Well, not as easy as that.

 

 

 

After getting in line for an hour, withstand the flesh-stabbing winter wind without proper clothing, Luhan thinks he’s gonna burst.

 

“What the hell?!”

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry but you can’t enter,” the bouncer that guards the entrance of the said club said ever so easily, asking the person queuing behind Luhan to move forward and gets their ID card checked.

 

 

 

 

“Hello mister, it is clearly stated that I am legal now. I’m almost 23 for goodness sake!” Luhan screamed in both frustration and agony. “Why can’t I even enter?”

 

 

 

 

The big bulky bouncer gave the boy a pointed look that made Luhan gulps involuntarily. “Kid, get yourself a mirror. If you want to deceive anyone, take a look at yourself first. With that kind of face you could probably enter junior high. A fake ID card won’t even help you. Now get along.”

 

 

 

 

If you are rejected to enter a night club, accused of forging your birthday on an ID card, what would you do? Some people would just go home or go somewhere warm and screw it. But that’s not the case with this one fella over here. Luhan left off, find other clubs to queue and determined to enter one tonight no matter what the circumstance is. Luhan is THAT desperate.

 

 

 

It’s already midnight but the city is far from silent as cars kept on zooming past the road and people mingling on every corner. Luhan still isn’t home yet and will not go back until he finds himself a decent one night stand partner. He’s been already rejected by four clubs so far with the same reason, the baby face. As the minutes tick by, Luhan was slowly mulling over his plans and thought about going home. But that gooddamn dream reminds him that he’ll get another aching hard on tomorrow morning. Unless he wants to wake up with another morning wood, he better get someone real quick.

As he walked slowly by the pavements, earning multiple wolf whistles here and there by the homeless, teeth gritted in effort to endure the cold, Luhan is losing hope. He stopped when a certain gigantic neon board caught his eyes with its multiple colors, hanging by a tall sophisticated building.

 

 

 

GAIA, DRINKS FOR EVERYONE!

 

 

 

 

Well it’s a club for sure. Maybe not that crowded but a club all the same.
Luhan is indeed tired and he really needs to get alcohol in his system because the cold is creeping in his bones quite painfully. Besides, there isn’t any bouncer outside the entrance and no line to queue. This might be the only place that Luhan could enter now. Putting aside any suspicion in his head, Luhan curiously neared the said night club. The sign says it’s open for business with no closing hours during weekends, just what Luhan needed. He pushed the closed door open and was now standing in an empty small room with no furniture.

 

 

Luhan snorted, “well, no wonder there’s no one outside. It’s not even a club. I guess I’m gonna be stuck with annoying morning wood until next week.”

 

 

 

When he’s about to leave and turn around, suddenly he heard something echoing in the room. The beats to the music were familiar but not that loud. Luhan then realized that there was another door in that room that leads deeper into the building.

“Funny, I didn’t know there was a door,” Luhan mumbled to no one. With every step closer to the antique door, the music booms even louder. Luhan did a weird congratulatory dance moves that doesn’t really resemble any dancing but did it anyway for he had found a club.

 

 

 

 

He exhaled slowly, hands hovering on top of the door handle.
“What if this is the place where those mafia people hang out?” Luhan suddenly whispered to himself. “What if this is an underground lair for criminals?”

 

 

There are sounds of people hollering in the other side of the door with even better music playing in the background. Luhan chuckled at himself, “this is why you can’t get a decent boyfriend, Luhan. You’re too paranoid.”

 

 

 

 

 

With no more doubt clouding his head, Luhan pushed open the door and was welcomed with darkness and neon laser lights. This time, Luhan can’t even see the end of the room when everybody is blocking his view. The temperature is way warmer inside and Luhan felt really at ease in this kind of atmosphere. After getting adjusted to the lack of brightness, he could finally see more quickly and was more than shocked to see an 8 foot creature with long furs and pointy rows of teeth holding a tiny little wine glass in his humongous hand walked pass his eyes.

 

“What the actual…”

 

 

 

Luhan began inspecting other visitors who are not what he expected. Instead of pretty girls in skimpy dresses or hunky guys in too tight tank tops, he witnessed something more disturbing. Some of them are around his height which is quite normal but has fish scales and thorns all over their skin. Some even has five eyes while some has only one. The girl sitting near the bar looks most like human but with the ears that reached the floor. Luhan’s mouth remains agape for the entire time, speechless.

To think about it, it’s October. The owner of the place might want to make a costume party where every visitor must be weird as hell, Halloween is right around the corner anyway. With that theory in mind, Luhan slowly accepts the fact that he’s seeing weird people who are dressed in bizarre outfits and made his way amongst the sea of people towards the bar.

 

 

In his way, he accidentally bumped into another person.

“Wow,” Luhan scanned the other from top to toe. “I’ve got to say that you got the best costume! It looks real!”
Luhan shouted as the deafening music got louder and tried touching the fur. The man he bumped was half human half horse, looking exactly like what Luhan saw in movies with the upper body exactly like a normal man but have 4 legs that came from a horse.

 

 

“I am real,” the other man replied proudly and sauntered off.

 

 

 

Luhan didn’t really bother thinking about what the horse-man said and immediately sat on the empty stool by the bar. To Luhan’s ultimate relieve, the bartender is a normal guy with normal set of eyes, ears, nose and mouth because he can’t take more weird-looking creatures trying to talk to him.

 

“What can I get you tonig- Wait, what are you doing here?” the bartender furrowed his eyebrows, looking scandalized at Luhan’s arrival.

 

 

 

 

Luhan huffed, “What, I can’t come here? I thought clubs are for everyone and before you ask, I’m gonna be 23 in a few months so you have no reason to kick me out. I am not underage.”

 

 

 

Everyone around them stopped whatever they were doing and stared blatantly at Luhan, shocked and surprised. Gasps are heard from other visitor and Luhan really thinks that he might have done something wrong that he didn’t recall doing.

“Okay, what did I do? Maybe I should have dressed up more and get myself some decent monster costume from the Halloween store down the road but even though I’m underdressed that doesn’t mean you guys can kick me out. I’m a guest here!” Luhan tried defending himself.

 

 

 

 

“Oh no,” the bartender muttered under his breath, looking scared as hell. “This is bad, so so so so bad.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

More clubbers entered the scene as they stared at Luhan, disbelieved.

 


“He’s a human!” a women voice shrieked and that’s when the entire dance floor froze and the music came to a sudden halt. Luhan looked around and literally everyone in costumes is giving him the deathly glares, some even offering a gaze of sympathy. A tall looking guy with blood red eyes and sharp horns on his head neared the secluded boy and snarled. The man opened his mouth and thorn-lined tongues slowly came out like how a snake would do. And this time, Luhan thinks it’s not part of a costume.

 

 

 

“Woah, woah! Calm down guys. Take it easy.” A figure showed up and made his way to Luhan.

 

 

 

 

“Remember that there is NO violence in my club, alright Randy?” The person said, probably the owner, and the snarling guy immediately backs off and closed his mouth. Luhan took more than half a minute to register everything and that another person is standing in front of him. “All of you should know that this club can’t be entered by human beings, my dear friends. I’ve casted the spell and only people like us can party and have fun here. He’s probably just a lost demigod.”

 

 

 

 

The owner of the club was beautiful, Luhan thought. With his dashing black shiny hair and face sculpted like a greek god, Luhan might really think he’s in love. At least someone is not wearing hideous costumes.

 

“But Hades, he thinks we are wearing costumes! I should have known he’s not one of us.” The horse-man, the centaur, complained.

 

 

 

Hades? Are we some sort in Percy Jackson setting? Who names themselves after the god of underworld?
Luhan couldn’t stop thinking in his head.

 

 

 

The owner –Hades– chuckled and patted Luhan’s shoulder in a friendly manner, “He just pointed out that I’m the god of underworld. And he knows about our dear friend Perseus. I bet he is indeed a demigod.” Then the man turned his face to meet eyes with the boy with a billion dollar smile. “So, who’s your godly parents? Zeus? Poseidon? Athena? Or maybe Aphrodite cause you’re pretty.”

 

 

 

Luhan was beyond confused right now. What is with all the Greek names? Sure Luhan is no genius but at least he had read the books and watched the movie with Minseok before. On a second note, the guy had just read his mind. SOMEONE HAD JUST READ HIS MIND! To say the least, Luhan is clueless as .

 

 

“What’s a demigod? What’s with all of you looking at me like I’m a prisoner who escaped jail? Why are you asking about my mom and dad all of a sudden? What’s with all the Greek names?” Luhan blurted in one go. Everyone just stared at him weirdly, including the handsome male and the bartender. In an instant, the whole crowd was ready to murder him. Some grew a third eye, some even began showing their teeth and growing their claws and everything is just creepy as hell. Luhan wants to go home.

 

 

 

 

“Oookay then,” Hades awkwardly clapped his hand. “Take it easy, remember rule number one!”

 

At that everyone remains frozen, waiting impatiently for an explanation.

 

 

 

 

 

“I just read his mind and saw his recent past, he was hit by a truck and he lost his memory. Well, a demigod is a half human after all who gets amnesia and stuff right?” the club owner smiled awkwardly and patted Luhan’s back as if it was trying to calm him down from his inner break down.

 

There were a simultaneous chain of relieved sighs from the crowd as they went back to their normal self with the less terrifying but still scary attributes.

 

“But who does the boy belongs to?” a voice echoed from the back.

 

 

 

 

“…uhmm, he’s… Apollo’s son.”

 

 

“Who’s Apollo?” Luhan innocently asked to the male, eyes watering with unshed tears. He sniffled and almost everyone coos at him.

 

 

 

 

The club owner cleared his throat, “Well now that he had seen everything and learned more about his ancestors, I will give him a quick guide and help him remember again.”

 

 

The visitors all agreed and nodded. They dispersed and the DJ at the booth, who looks like Mike Wazowski from Monster Inc. with his lone green eye begins his music again.

 

 

 

“I’m gonna get you out of here real quick,” the club owner whispered harshly and pulled Luhan by his arm out towards the exit where Luhan entered, leaving the totally clueless kid to try and understand all the things that had just happened.

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

 

 

 

When both of them are finally out in the still busy streets and pedestrian walk, fresh winds playing with their hair, sounds of people chatting with one another, mini market playing the overrated song on the speaker, Luhan cried.

The boy wiped his tears harshly with his tiny fists while the club owner just stood beside him wordlessly.

 

 

 

“You’re a real demigod, aren’t you?”

 

 

 

 

Luhan looked up, “what?”

 

 

 

 

Club owner sighs, “you must be one or I don’t know any other explanation. I’m sure I’ve casted the spell right.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lower lip for some self-restraint. “So you think I’m a demigod? What, I have some sort of magical powers to call a unicorn or something?” Sarcasm was dripping in every word that came out of his mouth.

 

“Not exactly a unicorn but you might have other abilities.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh shut it, that’s not the freaking point! Back there I was almost dead because they said I am a human, and the next second you claim me as a demigod or some other stupid , they stopped trying to kill me. What the is that? And what the hell are they? Monsters? Oh gosh I should have gone home earlier.” Luhan couldn’t help but curse out loud. He had gone through too much in one single night and he really wants to go home and cuddle with his stuffed teddy bear and just sleep until it’s over.

 

 

 

Then a memory came rushing into Luhan’s brain that clicks everything. “You’re Hades… You’re that creepy guy who controls the dead! Why are you not old?!”

 

 

 

 

Hades rolled his eyes, “I go by a name and that is Sehun. Look kid, I’ll answer your questions later but right now you’re the main priority.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So you’re saying that Percy Jackson guy is real? Like Greek myths are… real?”

 

 

 

Hades, Sehun, club owner, whatever his name was, nodded gravely, “its more real than you could ever imagine.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan laughed loudly at that, seemingly taking every word as a joke. “You are one funny guy! But sorry I really need to go home before my housemate is back. I’m also not that into myth histories so I guess we should stop the topic here. Goodnight.”

 

 

 

Luhan waved slightly before facing the other direction and started walking away in a hurry, trying his best to forget all those creepy things that had just happened minutes ago. The image of sharp fangs and terrifying red eyes will surely haunt him to sleep, at least that way he won’t bother to welcome the next morning with another hard on.

Suddenly, Luhan stopped in his steps when rounding a corner.

 

 

A weird looking old lady, wearing a black cape and holding unto a fragile looking old wood, neared the young boy with an ugly smile. Wrinkles and scars decorated her face, making her appearance even more frightful. Instinctively, Luhan took careful steps back, maintaining eye contact all the while.

“You look scared, little one. Why don’t you come here and let granny help you? I’ll make sure you know everything about your past…”

 

 

 

 

Her smile turns into a smirk, teeth growing at an impossible speed in and looking like a true monster in a matter of seconds. Luhan quickens his steps away but suddenly she just jumped on him and sent both of them down on the road. Luhan was really trying to scream but nothing seems to come out of his throat, the feeling of fire consuming his voice, burning the vocal cords. Other pedestrians didn’t seem to notice that a person is about to be slaughtered right in front of their eyes, as if he’s invincible. Her bony hands were around his neck, ready to take his life by choking the hell out of him. Her white hair slowly morphs into numerous slithering animals. Luhan was about to squint his eyes to make sure that it was indeed snakes that are growing out from the old woman’s hair before suddenly a hand was covering his eyes and the weight pinning him down vanished.

 

An ear-piercing shriek echoed painfully and Luhan shuts his eyes. When the hand was no longer covering his view, Luhan braved himself to open his eyes. A figure stood tall, back facing Luhan and began murmuring something under his breath that made the monstrous lady shouted in agony. Her snake hair was gone and replaced by thorns.

 

“I reserved a VIP room for you in Tartarus, have a pleasant stay. Charon would really like to go on a date with you later,” the figure said before raising his hand and made weird finger movements that control the old lady’s body. And in a blink of an eye, she disappeared into mere ashes and brought by the wind away, sound of her wails still ringing in Luhan’s ears even after she’s gone.

 

 

 

Luhan was still lying flat on the ground, heart pounding and breathing ragged as he coughed a few times, regaining his voice back. His body was hoisted up in a flash by a pair of strong arms.

 

 

“We need to get you back home,” Hades –Sehun- said as he dusted Luhan’s pants. “It’s not safe here.”

 

 

 

Sehun was holding onto Luhan’s shoulders and began inspecting his body in case of any damage made. In an act out of fear, Luhan held unto the other male’s shirt and clenched unto the fabric so hard that it might rip. When Luhan looked up, his eyes came in contact with a pair of brown orbs that flashed red for a single moment before returning to the previous color. All of a sudden, he was reminded about the guy in his dream but quickly shook the image out of his mind.

 

“What was that woman?” Luhan asked weakly, feeling all his energy drained out.

 

 

 

“A Gorgon, probably Medusa’s sister. She’s in charge of killing demigods that are out of half-blood camps. I wonder why you’re not dead yet by now.” Sehun replied as he smiled at the boy. “Now you must sleep.”

 

Two seconds later, Luhan was already unconscious. Sehun caught him right before he could fall and held him in his arms as if the boy was a fragile crystal.

“Why are they trying to kill you, kid? Why are you so sure you’re not a demigod? Why can’t I read your mind anymore?”

 

 

 

 

Sehun heaved a deep sigh while staring at the peaceful sleeping face and decided that the outside world isn’t completely the safest place to be and black clouds started forming around the god of underworld. When the fog dissipates, both of the male was already gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

okay, so this is my first chapt. So sorryfor the long wait cause school really my entire soul so yeah. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAD SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED AND COMMENTED YOU GUYS REALLY ARE THE NICEST ! I do hope you guys enjoy this!