a little coffee date

a matter of clinginess

au: coffee shop + university students


“Changkyun-ah,” Minhyuk pouts, his hands grasping at the younger boy’s hoodie. “Don’t leave me here.” 

Changkyun peeks over his shoulder. “I’m not. I’m just gonna get the straws-”

“I’ll feel lonely if you leave me here,” Minhyuk interrupts. His hands grip the boy’s hoodie stronger, yanking his boyfriend towards their table and back into his place. The coffee in their cups jump a little when his boyfriend plops on their shared seat. “Come and stay for a little while.” 

Changkyun gazes at him incredulously. “Hyung, the straws are literally five feet away-”

Minhyuk shushes him with a finger to his lips. “No buts. I haven’t seen you all week and I’m suffering from Changkyun withdrawal symptoms.” 

The younger all but rolls his eyes, a smirk tugging one end of his lips. “Oh my god, hyung, you’re literally the clingiest person I’ve ever met. You make it sound as if we don’t live on the same floor, didn’t go past each other in the halls, didn’t text all day long and you didn’t call me every night to sing a lullaby,” he says.

Minhyuk huffs. “I can’t stand not being in contact with you! I mean, yeah, we said hi sometimes and saw each other everyday, but like, it’s different from our dates and I wanted a little more. Like this-” he throws an arm over his boyfriend’s shoulders- “and this-” he pecks his boyfriend on his bangs- “and this-” he wraps an arm around his boyfriend’s waist and pull them closer together, their legs now touching. Minhyuk rests his chin on Changkyun’s left shoulder. “And anyway, you won’t be able to sleep if you didn’t hear me sing every night. Don’t deny that.” 

A light pink rushes to Changkyun’s cheeks. He coughs. “I’m not- I’m not denying anything! I’m just saying you’re really clingy, you know?” 

Minhyuk giggles. “Yeah, of course I am, especially when it’s with you. I mean, who wouldn’t miss this soft, adorable little puppy?” he coos. An arm reaches around Changkyun’s shoulders and tugs at his right cheek. “Look at you. My puppy. My baby. My kkukkung.” 

Changkyun rolls his eyes again. “Kkukkung was the name Hoseok-hyung gave me, though?” 

“Yeah, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re mine,” Minhyuk states. He stops pinching Changkyun’s cheek and instead tilts his boyfriend’s face to his direction, their faces almost touching. He blinks slowly, and the bright look in his eyes is replaced with an affectionate, soft gaze. 

Changkyun doesn’t miss the way his boyfriend’s eyes change. He feels heat rising from his neck up. “H-hyung, why are you looking at me like that?”

Minhyuk blinks again, and the soft look is gone. He smiles. “I don’t know. You’re just so cute, I guess.” He leans in for a peck on the cheek, then a peck on the corner of his lips, then towards his ears and whispers, “I missed you so much.” He presses a kiss to Changkyun’s lips.

The younger can practically feel the tips of his ears scorching into a dark red. Burying his face into Minhyuk’s arms, he mumbles, “I missed you too.”

“I know,” his boyfriend replies. “It was so hard not seeing you for a week.” 

Changkyun snickers. “I’m fine with a week. It was just-” his voice softens and he ducks his head deeper into Minhyuk’s arms- “going through exams without you was kind of, um, hard. And- scary.”

Minhyuk nods. “It was. No one was there to scold me when I fell asleep during studying.” 

His boyfriend’s eyes narrow. “But you studied, didn’t you?”

“Of course I did! I’m sure I aced the exam.” Minhyuk winks. “You shouldn’t worry about me, Lee Minhyuk, the boy who never pays attention in class but passes with flying colours!”

“And has a genius boyfriend,” Changkyun adds cheekily. He takes his coffee cup and takes a sip, the foam sticking around his mouth like a moustache, and places his cup back down. “So are we going anywhere after this?”

Minhyuk shrugs. “Wanna go to the arcade? The movie?”

“Arcade sounds fun.” Changkyun watches the elder drain his coffee, then stands up from his seat and tugs his boyfriend up as well. He takes a moment to intertwine their fingers together. “Let’s go.”