Fin.

Chemistry Just Like Enemies (웬수같은 케미)
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n : Please keep a note that in this fic, everyone in Seventeen is the same age and school grade. 

It was Soonyoung's first day in high school. Everyone was still not familiar with everything. Except for a bunch of kids who went to the same junior high school. It was a quiet, peaceful day for Soonyoung. He was nothing near introvert, but he preferred to be very quiet in someplace he wasn't familiar with. Some guys who went to the junior high school downstairs made a ruckus early in the morning after. Soonyoung, being the curious boy he was, went out his way to see those faces. He was staring at this one guy who seemed like he wasn't a part of the ruckus. He was in the ruckus, but he wasn't a part of it. He didn't realize that he was staring at him for too long before someone tapped on his shoulder. "You know he's staring back at you, right?" a voice startled the life out of Soonyoung. He looked at the tall boy who tapped his shoulder and froze for a while. He was still processing everything. The tall boy, how he tapped his shoulder, what he said, everything. Then Soonyoung snapped. His eyes were wide open in terror. "He was?" Soonyoung asked while turning his head back to the original direction to see if what the tall boy said was true.

It was. The guy was staring right back into his soul with an intensely dark glare. Soonyoung automatically bowed as a sign that he's sorry. He wasn't sure of what he's sorry for, though — for staring at him or for judging him with everything possible judgement in his head. Agreed, Soonyoung was judging him real hard. "Is he a castout? Why isn't anyone bullying him if he was? Is he very rich? Is his dad in the military service? Does he master every single self-defense technique in the world? Is that why no one interrupts him?" was some of the many thoughts that were raining his brain while he was staring. The guy didn't budge. He just kept staring at Soonyoung and then after awhile walking straight up ahead to the hallway. Soonyoung — who was apparently frozen from the moment he bowed — sighed a breath of relief. He turned back to the guy who tapped on his shoulder. "A friend? The first one? Or an enemy? The first one?" Soonyoung thought to himself. "Hi. I'm Kim Mingyu. You're not from downstairs right?" The guy named Mingyu smiled as the words glided on from his lips. He offered his hand for a handshake. Soonyoung smiled back at him.

"Yes, I'm really new to the school. I'm Kwon Soonyoung. Nice to meet you." he smiled wider as he reached out his right hand to shake Mingyu's offering hand. "Nice to meet you too. I'm from downstairs, so if you need anything you can always ask me about it." Mingyu said after they let go of each other's hands. Soonyoung nodded. "Thank you so much. I hope we can get along well for the next year." he said. Mingyu nodded back at him with a smile and went out his way. Soonyoung had wondered why Mingyu left that morning, but he turned out to be in another classroom and not Soonyoung's. Soonyoung thought it was such a shame because he thought at least he could talk to Mingyu in class. The first period ended and Soonyoung made his way to the school's lunch room. There, he saw Mingyu standing at the end of the line. Soonyoung wasn't so sure if he should go to Mingyu and talk to him through the recess, or to just sit somewhere mixed up with people who also didn't know who to eat with, until Mingyu turned his head and looked at Soonyoung straight in the face.

"Soonyoung!" Mingyu called out to him while lifting up his left hand, his right hand being busy carrying the lunch tray. Soonyoung was so relieved Mingyu called him first. He smiled at Mingyu and waved at him, then slowly made approaching steps. "Hey, Mingyu!" Soonyoung said, holding a tray and standing behind Mingyu in the line. "Hey! How's first period? Mine was math, it's so boring." Mingyu said, laughing at the end of the sentence. Soonyoung laughed along. "Well, mine's geography. Nothing good comes with that either, too." he joked. Mingyu chuckled. "Hey, do you want to come eat with me and my friends through lunch? It's going to be kind of awkward, though, since everyone knew each other from junior high. But, it's better than eating alone." Mingyu asked. Soonyoung nodded with a smile. "I'd be damned honored." he said. Mingyu smiled and they went straight for an empty table at the center of the lunch room right after they got their lunches. Soonyoung sat accross from Mingyu. He hated the feeling of having someone right beside him while eating.

"How many friends are going to sit with us?" Soonyoung asked, feeling curious about Mingyu's said friends. Mingyu looked at him and grinned. "Eleven." he said. Soonyoung choked on his food and reached out for the water. "What? Eleven? What are you guys? A circus?" Soonyoung asked in panic. "That's a hell of a team." he thought to himself. He never had a group of friends that big, to be very honest. Mingyu chuckled nervously. "They're really good guys. They're loud, but they're really nice. Don't worry, you'll fit right in." Mingyu said, hands breaking with cold sweat. Soonyoung managed to calm down a bit before finally looking straight at Mingyu. "I have never, not once in my whole lifetime, been surrounded by so many people all at once. I'm seriously going to have a panic attack if they start talking to me all at once." he said. Mingyu let out an awkward chuckle while patting Soonyoung in the back. "Chill out, man. They won't crowd you, I promise." said Mingyu before pausing dramatically. "But one of them might or might not make you a little uncomfortable." he continued after letting out a small sigh.

Soonyoung tilted his head to the left — a bad habit when he's confused. He barely even knew anyone in school, so why did Mingyu think someone was going to make him uncomfortable? Just as this thought went through Soonyoung's curious little head, the glary guy he saw that morning came walking to the table where Soonyoung and Mingyu sat. Of course, with a whole bunch of other guys crowding the glary guy. They're the same ones that were causing a catastrophe that morning. Soonyoung shot a small angry glare at Mingyu, thinking, "So he was the one you were talking about." Mingyu grinned widely. "Guys, listen up." said Mingyu while standing up. The other guys who just came and stared at Soonyoung were focused on Mingyu. "This is my new friend. He's completely new to the environment and I decided to offer him a helping hand. His name is Soonyoung. Kwon Soonyoung." Mingyu explained, looking back and forth between Soonyoung and the other guys. Soonyoung could hear the other guys murmurring. After a while, a small guy approached Soonyoung and extended his also small hand. Soonyoung recognized him as one of his classmates. Lee Jihoon, if he remembered correctly.

"My name is Lee Jihoon. I don't know if you noticed, but we're in the same class." the little guy said while smiling. Soonyoung smiled back a bit and reached out to shake the other's hand. "Hey! I'm Soonyoung." he said. "I know. Mingyu said it already." Jihoon said and got back to his original position. Soonyoung nodded a bit in approval. "Hey, I'm also we're also in your class! I'm Jeonghan, this is Seungcheol, and this is Jisoo." a blonde guy walked up to him with another two guys. He introduced the black-haired guy as Seungcheol and the brown-haired one as Jisoo. The others are from different classes. "I'm Junhui and this

Please log in to read the full chapter