Page 01

King Of The Damned

“I don’t want to marry you at all. The person I love is someone else.”

Surprised would be an understatement. Luhan was amazed with the rude-awakening he just had from the person sitting in front of him. No greetings, he thought, feeling his nerves hitting him hard enough to feel irritation creeping in. Truthfully, he was exhausted working from nine to five, receiving calls from his parents for a sudden candlelight dinner with his anonymous fiancée –yes, he knew about the engagement but never met each other before. He felt weary.

This was supposed to be cancelled.

He chooses to never answer. What’s the point of arguing –and worse, they just met like, what, 5 minutes ago –there are zero benefits for both sides. He isn’t into victims because they are not. This is child’s play.

“I disagree for this to continue.” His fiancé uttered firmly.

“Okay. So?” Luhan blurted out. Tell that to your parents, he wanted to say but his instinct saved him in the nick of time.

The man –which Luhan isn’t fancy having someone too young as his future partner –did not seem to take his question very well. Gritting his teeth, he leans closer towards Luhan and speaks abruptly, “What’s wrong with you?!”

“You don’t have to go all hysterical on me.” Luhan snapped “Calm down. I’m not fancy being seen here with you, either.” The boy seemed annoyed with the chill blow coming from the older guy – and they needed to stop of whatever it is between them right now. It’s mutual, the feminine boy thought in all honesty.

They don’t like each other –that much was appreciated.

“I really don’t want to say this, but,” Luhan went curious when the person in front of him emitted a long sighs, that seemed hard enough for him to take, “I’m not a .”

“Excuse me?” Luhan retorted, face shown distasteful.

“You are a and I’m not.” The man, Kim Jongin, was enough to tear his spirit somehow. Luhan get used to things quickly and that word was kind of routine for someone homoual, like him –however, coming from you future partner?

Bull.

“Lousy guy, you are.” Luhan sinisterly smiled, eyes losing all the gentleness momentarily and he was so hungry to see Jongin barks back at him. He’s pretty . “Since things run deep, I just want to say that I don’t like you, too.”

“Glad we’re on the same page. I told my parents the same thing and they considered that I should ask you, which is hilarious because yeah, I can’t think straight of why you were agreeing to this crap in the first place.” Jongin were putting up a pretty big show by growling a little bit and seemingly ready to pounce on him. Luhan think he’s going to marry a feisty animal who’s going to cut off his woody any second if he’s losing control.

“You think I want you? No. I did not.” Luhan chuckled. In a split second, he thought, maybe, Jongin’s expression cracks. “Let’s get this straight, I’m only agreeing with this arrangement so my parents would shut up.”

There, he said it.

Jongin went silent. Of course he was still in anger –Luhan determined that he was the reason for it – but acting childish like Jongin wouldn’t make them okay. Luhan was so ready to keep his empty bed just all alone and solitude for himself but knowing he’s going to marry someone –much less a stranger –he slowly accepted that he needed to be ready to share. Sharing his bed was a big ing deal, alright?

“That was pretty childish. Don’t you just need the money?” Jongin questioned –and that’s when Luhan sees red. He grabbed Jongin’s collar as he stood up, hard enough for the boy to be yanked forward. Jongin’s brown orbs got huge as Luhan’s face inched closer to his.

“I am a poor guy. My poor investment caused me to get sold off to you. That much means stone broke for me.” Luhan was furious and Jongin’s equally challenging gaze was hitting his every nerves of the body. It feels physically painful. “I am not a gold digger.” He muttered darkly.

Jongin stared in amusement, “You are still a leech, in my eyes.” He whispered softly.

Luhan normally calm and pleasant demeanor slowly changed and his face contorted in an all - consuming anger; his nostrils flaring, his eyes flashing and closing into slits, his mouth quivering. His hands closed into fists, he felt it. “I dare you to say it again.” Luhan hissed.

And Jongin listened, “You are a leech.” Luhan was never been called that before. He was moneyless and that was right. Nevertheless, that had dashed all his expectations of 'Happy Ever After'.

Jongin was joyful because Luhan’s anger means heaven to him, somehow. But, instead of an overwhelming happiness that he was supposed to feel, he felt his heart dropped instantly onto the ground when his wide eyes saw the wet traces falling down Luhan’s pale cheeks. He was paralyzed.

Luhan tried to hold back the tears but he couldn’t. Everything was out of control and it was dreadful. Jongin is awful. He felt a taste of salt on his lips but he just let it be. Anger, shame, humiliation, distress, and sorrow all mixed up, enough to make him becoming so emotional in that evening. With all strength he had left, Luhan pushed Jongin weakly and took a few steps backwards. He mouthed something to the tan man and went out from the restaurant.

Jongin was paralyzed. He recalled what those beautiful lips had muttered to him.

 

 

“I hate you.”

 

 

Kim Jongin never felt so guilty before.

 

******

Luhan doesn’t understand why he chose to run away from Jongin. Everything was happening so fast –both of them were losing control of the situation and there’s no end solution.

Standing in front of his apartment, Luhan caressed his cheeks swiftly in hope he managed to hide the tears and his parents wouldn’t find out. But worries were eating him alive because his eyes probably will be leaking of teardrops again and his face reflected the pain inside him –he couldn’t say no.

Luhan doesn’t want to be with Jongin. 

He discovered that the man was too handful and it kills him.

“Han?” The boy’s head whipped so fast that he was in daze for a moment but soon, his sight greeted him with his mother’s smile. Did she see anything? The tears? Anything?

Luhan faking a smile –and it seemed so real.

“Mama.” She beamed with delight and ushering Luhan to go inside. Before he could even plopped himself onto the sofa –his family were circling around him. Luhan felt dreadful. Their eyes were so happy –it’s like he were the epitome of hope, which Luhan never asked for.

How could he to deny those eyes.

“Jongin was a gentleman.” His family was in awe. They were happy. “He treated me very fair and he was so nice, you have no idea. I think I fell in love.”

His little brother, Wei, grinned so bright that Luhan thought that might hurts. His father on the other hand was spouting “I’m proud of you, son.” all non-stop that Luhan wishing he would stop saying the same thing over and over again like a broken slide. His mother was so elated that she probably was on the cloud nine. Luhan smiled and gazed around. Through all the noises and suffocating happiness that he had lie, Luhan realizes. He bought the apartment with his salary –it isn’t spacey, but comfortable enough for their family. Not enough with that, he paid the medical fees for his father and a few more for the home accessories as his mother had requested. And currently paying the school fees for his 15-year-old brother, Luhan had done so much.

What could go wrong with marrying him, right?

I could suffer some more, he wistful all alone. “I want to rest, so…”

“You should.” His mother’s ruffled his hair. Hearing that, Luhan went to his bedroom. Before he closes the door, his head peeked out once more, “Oh, by the way,” His family stopped whatever they were doing and staring back at him.

“Tell the Kim that I said yes.” The cheering was the last thing he heard before Luhan let himself surrender to the darkness.

He shall regret this tomorrow.

*********

If looks could kill, Wu Yifan would be dead by now because Jongin was staring.

“He agreed?” the blonde man questioned.

“He’s so ing dead.” Jongin cursed. “Can you believe it? He ing pissed me.” Kicking the nearest chair, Jongin his dried bottom lips in irritation. Yifan nodded nonchalantly. He surely isn’t the most suitable guy to talk about these kinds of things. What could he say? You will be alright. He will make you happy. No. That was too weird, even for his thoughts. Jongin was a hard person to satisfy. He never appreciates anything.

That’s when Jongin spun so fast to look at him and Yifan thought whoever this guy’s going to get a go with –probably will have short years to live. Kim Jongin was a crazy bastard and Yifan knew it. “I’ve warned him, Fan. I did.”

“And he agreed.” Yifan’s head felt like his head spinning seeing the boy walking fast paced in the big room –like, however, Yifan could be very similar with Jongin –and he thought of something very good, too. Jongin was red and Yifan was interested of what’s going to happen with his life. “I got an idea.” Maybe that’s the reason he came in here and giving special counseling for his best friend about his terrible love story.

Jongin stopped. Slowly, his evil demeanor comes to life as a sinister smile formed on his lips. “Amuse me.”

“Easy.” Yifan chuckled. “You don’t need a lifetime partner, right?”

Jongin doesn’t really get it but keeping his form calm and serious momentarily, “And?” he listened. Yifan patted his friend’s shoulder and smirking in delight.

“Make him your slave.”

 

__________

TBC