More Recent Time

Because She Taught Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year ago...

"Saeri ah" 

"Huh?" Saeri replied. She turned her head and watched Soyeon walk out of the kitchen. She had been friends with Soyeon for a long time already, practically since Soyeon moved back to Korea and started working here as a makeup artist. 

"I heard there's a new group that just debuted!" she exclaimed excitedly. 

"Soyeon ah...you're married to a boy band member already, why are you still looking at all the groups that are around?" Saeri pointed out. Soyeon laughed. She grabbed her laptop and plopped down next to Saeri on the couch. "I'm just checking out the competition!" 

Saeri chuckled knowing full well that Soyeon liked to check out the new videos of all the Korean groups, both boy and girl groups included. "Does Jaejoong know that you do this?" she asked. Soyeon turned towards her and nodded her head. "Yea, I tell him it's for seeing the maekup and clothing trends out there these days," Soyeon said. "But only you know it's my guilty pleasure. Don't tell him that though."

"Trust me, I won't," Saeri said. She had her own guilty pleasures that Soyeon knew about too.

"Here, let's watch it! They're called NCT," Soyeon said excitedly. Saeri scooted closer to Soyeon as she opened the video on Youtube and pressed play. Only a few seconds, Saeri started tilting her head and looked more closely at the screen. "What, you like the video?" Soyeon asked. She had never seen Saeri so intrigued before. 

"No....I just....nevermind. I'll tell you when it's done," Saeri said. The two watched quietly and in a few minutes the video had ended. "That....that guy," she scrolled back to the beginning of the video again and paused it at the frame she wanted. "Him...what's his name?" Saeri asked curiously.

Soyeon shrugged her shoulders. "No idea, I'm watching this for the first time too. Here, let me try and see if I can look it up." 

Saeri stood up and grabbed their empty plates. She brought it into the kitchen and washed the plates while pondering about why that face on the screen had seemed so familiar to her. "Saeri ah, I got it! His name is Lee Taeyong!" Soyeon yelled from the living room. 

"Taeyong??" Saeri replied. "Taeyong...." she said again softly to herself trying to rack her memory. "Taeyong....Taeyong....Taeyong...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter