Chapter one

Not another cliché high school fic!

Jongin is so ed. He's so, so ed. 

He's been in love with kyungsoo for the last three years, and the poor guy knows that kyungsoo doesn't give a about him. Well, that's an exaggeration- Kyungsoo probably does give a about jongin. Probably. 

They've been friends for years, which is expected because they live right next door to each other, bedroom windows facing and all.   

 

He doesn't know how it started. How he plummeted head first into this awful crush that gives him sleepless nights and really, really sweaty palms. He doesn't really know why he suddenly noticed how cute Kyungsoo looks when he's out in his mothers garden, planting all kinds of flowers with names that Jongin can't pronounce with a beautiful focused face or why he started having thoughts like 'wow. Kyungsoo looks really ing cuddly in sweaters.' 

 

He blames puberty. 

 

It's been a while since he's seen Kyungsoo though, because he's been in America for basically the whole summer visiting his dad. 

But summer has come to an end, and they have school tomorrow. Jongin's almost cried twice over the the fact. It's 2:55 am and he's been having a mental breakdown up until now  over the fact that he has to go back, and then he ends up having another once he realises how late it is. 

 

Sighing, he picks up his phone and ugly cringes at how bright it is once he turns it on. Once he's finished cursing at how awful his life is, he opens Facebook, hoping that one of his friends have tagged him in some good memes (they haven't.) 

After minutes of mindless scrolling, he stops pretending that that's what he's actually on the app for and searches up kyungsoo's profile. He finds himself smiling at the same pictures he's seen over and over again, but quickly stops once he realises how dumb he must look, and y'know, creepy. 

 

Kyungsoo hasn't used Facebook in a while though, which because it's the only social media he has. Still, it's nice seeing that heart shaped smile even if the picture was from two months ago. Looking at his pictures, it quickly dawns on him that he'll be seeing that smile in person tomorrow. 

 

Suddenly, school doesn't sound so bad.