The Beginning

It Started with Connections

Remember to smile, don’t show any disgust to the kids—especially to the mothers. Kyungsoo tiredly sighs while he stands behind the counter as he smiles at the kids leaving the daycare. The moment the last kid stepped outside the daycare with his mother, Kyungsoo immediately slouches down as he sits on a chair. “Good job today, Soo.” Junmyeon said as he cleans up the last toy piece on the ground, Kyungsoo half-heartedly smiles and gives a thumbs up to him. 

“Don’t get me wrong, Jun. I love kids, but sometimes they’re tiring as hell.” Kyungsoo softly chuckles when he gets up to help out Junmyeon tidy up the place. “I understand, that’s how I feel sometimes. Although this job will help us financially, so we might as well it up until we get real jobs.” Junmyeon nodded as he pursed his lips together while concentrating tidying up the playroom, Kyungsoo hums in response.Kyungsoo and Junmyeon are college students and living together ever since their college lives started. Kyungsoo has been very thankful towards Junmyeon, because he’s the reason why he has a roof over his head or even a meal that he can pleasurably eat. The latter’s family owns the daycare, and he was so nice to give Kyungsoo a job, so they can pay their bills together; Junmyeon knows how Kyungsoo wants to help in any way possible. Both of them are equally grateful for each other, and they are each other’s foundation of living as college students. Nowadays, Kyungsoo has been thinking how he can repay his great friend with all the wonderful things he has done over the years. 

Mission: Get Kim Junmyeon a boyfriend! …if it’s possible. 

Sometimes Kyungsoo thinks Junmyeon needs a special someone to spice up his life, the kid in his mid-20s. The age group where a lot, like a lot of things can happen. Forget the teenage years, adulthood is where you have the freedom to experiment in your life with no one holding you back, except your will and your own conscience. 

“Hey, Jun! We should stop by the grocery store down the street and say hi to Lay.”

“Uh, yea, sure! Why not, we also need some grocery, thus that is a great idea.” 

He nodded as he kept his lips pursed. Junmyeon was really an open book to Kyungsoo, he knew that Suho has a cute little crush on the cashier at the grocery store down the street. He’s actually proud of himself, even though he’s not for sure its infatuation or an actual crush; he’s for sure there’s something going on between the two of them though. “Excited to see Lay, Jun?” Kyungsoo can’t helped it, but to tease the man and chuckle at his question. He chuckled even more when he saw the latter’s expression, he was blushing! Kim Junmyeon is blushing, totally hilarious, yet cute. What he got in return was a soft punch from the Great Kim Junmyeon. 

 


 

“Boo!” Kyungsoo tried with a scary approach to scare the precious Lay who was organizing the shelves, but the latter didn’t budged, instead he slowly turned around with the most unimpressed expression. “Kyungsoo, as a nice person, I suggest you to be more secretive than that.” Kyungsoo pouted with his friend’s criticism, but the two other people just laughed. 

“Ouch. I was trying to be secretive, you ungrateful little .”

“Do Kyungsoo, there are little kids around here, control that sinful mouth of yours!” Lay replied with his hand over his chest as he was trying to be overdramatic, but Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue. 

“All jokes asides though, do you want to go somewhere to eat afterwards? My shift is almost over.” Kyungsoo nudged Junmyeon’s arm to make him respond instead. “Y-Yeah, let’s all eat together, that sounds nice.” Junmyeon tried to smile, but it turned out to be one of those awkward smile, Kyungsoo almost laughed at this point. Fortunately Lay didn’t notice it, and just thought it was a friendly smile from the angel himself. “Where are we planning to eat, Lay?” Junmyeon added. Kyungsoo knew he wanted to redeem himself from stuttering a simple question to his “crush,” so adorable. “Um, is it okay for you guys to go to the cafe around the corner?” Lay timidly asked as he scratched the back of his neck; the response he got was a simple smile and small “mhm” from Junmyeon, himself. 

“Then it’s settle, we’ll have to look around for some stuff for our house, and we’ll come back here.” Kyungsoo nodded. 

“Yea, that sounds great! We’ll catch up later.” 

“C’mon Jun! Stop drooling over Lay’s face and let’s get going. Also, I’m paying since I’m an angel.” Kyungsoo laughed as he tugs on Junmyeon’s arm and drags him to an aisle. Junmyeon didn’t reply in a verbal form, but his face was somehow a response. It was telling Kyungsoo that he was embarrassed from the comment, and his eyes were also telling Kyungsoo that he was going to kill his beloved best friend. Kyungsoo just shrugged it off, because does Junmyeon have a heart to not kill him, probably not… Kyungsoo’s train of thoughts were interrupted as Junmyeon smacked his arm. “Why did you say that in front Lay, Soo?!” Kyungsoo looked at Junmyeon having a hurt expression while his rubbing his arm, but what he saw was Junmyeon cupping his own face as his face gets red once again; his expression was filled with worry this time. “Don’t worry Jun! It’s not like you have crush on our precious Lay, right?” Kyungsoo said as he kept rubbing his arm from the smack, but what he got was just silence. This piqued his interest as he looked at Junmyeon once again; Junmyeon had his eyes looking at the floor and scratching the back of his neck. This made Kyungsooo chuckle and started clapping his hands, and Junmyeon’s head shot up and looked at Kyungsoo with confusion written all over his face. 

“Jun, as your best friend, I already knew you have a crush on Lay—it’s pretty obvious, y’know?” Kyungsoo patted the back of Junmyeon as the latter’s mouth was becoming agape. “Also don’t worry about it, I’ll help you with your cute crush on him.” Kyungsoo added with a smile, and somehow Junmyeon managed to smile back at his friend. 

Okay, your best friend knows that you have a crush on Lay. That’s great, you have someone to talk about your Lay pro- 

Junmyeon sensed someone was watching him, and it was no one other than Kyungsoo, the latter had his eyebrows raised. 

“What, Soo? Why are you looking at me like that?” 

Kyungsoo started laughing as he pays for the groceries. “Well for one, you had a crazy and weird expression on your face, I mean I don’t know, thinking about Lay, I assume?” Junmyeon mentally slapped himself for not controlling his expression while having some thoughts. “And two, don’t do that. I can see Lay coming over here.” Junmyeon became stiff when the name came out from his friend’s mouth, but slowly exhales as he reminds himself that he needs to act normal around his crush. 

Normal? Pft, yeah right. 

He’s totally doing the opposite of what normal is, and he’s pretty sure Lay is not that dense. He hopes. He tries to relax his posture, but that didn’t work out all the way as Lay put his arm around Junmyeon’s shoulders. 

Crap sticks. What do I do now?! Oh, lord Jesus Christ- 

Are you okay there, Junmyeon? Your face is getting red.” Junmyeon turned his head to the side to see the latter’s eyebrows furrowed turning his face into a worried expression. “Y-Yea! I’m fine, it’s just the jacket is making me hot, haha.” Why was I born to be so awkward!! I’m internally crying right now, okay, stop it Kim Junmyeon. “We should go eat already.” He added to lessen the awkwardness in his voice. 

“Very smooth, my friend. Very smooth.” Junmyeon hears Kyungsoo whisper right next to him as all of them were walking outside, Junmyeon pinched his lovely friend’s arm, but then Lay decided to intercept once again. “Even though the cafe is around the place, I can give you guys a ride, since you guys have groceries.” Lay stopped as they arrived at his car, and look at the guys’ response. Kyungsoo and Junmyeon nodded their heads in unison while Jumyeon was trying to hit Kyungsoo back, Lay stared at his friend and just chuckled softly.

 


 

“Kris! Do you have the next batch delivered and also! Is everything set for the customers?!” 

“Yea, I got them all covered, Min!” 

Minseok smiled as his friend made him less stressful. His coffee shop just opened recently, and he wants everything to be clean and perfect. He wants to see his customers and his staff to be happy, and try to enjoy their time here. Even though the cafe just recently opened, its popularity has been booming ever since. It’s probably the good-looking staff—like himself, of course. Also probably the way the cafe looks like, it fits the minimalistic style that he was going towards to as he decided the color motifs will be simple and clear—white and different shades of brown. Minseok found out that if you combine white and brown together, it can make the place look spacious and cleaner, which is right. If you just put cute little house plants, it makes the place even more aesthetically pleasing. 

“Min! I came here with my other friends!” Minseok’s ears perked up by the familiar voice, he looked up and saw his own friend, Yixing and other unfamiliar faces. “Hey what’s up, Yixing? Introduce me to your friends.” Minseok said as he smiled at the two people behind Yixing. “Oh, on the left, that’s Kyungsoo,” Minseok looked at the latter as they waved to each other, “and this one is Junmyeon.” Yixing put his hand on Junmyeon’s shoulder, making the latter slightly blush. 

Even with small details, Minseok knows what’s up, nevertheless, Minseok smiled at Junmyeon. 

“Well, it’s nice to meet you guys here! I’m Minseok, by the way. Welcome to my cafe, we serve different varieties of pastries and drinks. I hope I can see you guys here more from now on.” Minseok let out a small chuckle when he said the last sentence, but it quickly died down when he heard Kris trying to get help with something from the delivery. “Well, I need to go back there. Just take your time to look at the menu.” Minseok quickly jogged to the back to help Kris out. 

“Well, what do you guys want? My treat! And Junmyeon don't you dare try to say otherwise. As an angel, it’s my treat, alright?” Yixing lets out a small chuckle as he called himself an ‘angel’, Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows with a grin at Junmyeon. “I’ll just get an iced americano, small please. Also, I want a chocolate croissant.” Junmyeon said with a gentle smile. “I’ll get a medium macchiato, no pastries this time for me.” Kyungsoo nodded with his lips pursed.

“Hey, I’m back! So, what do you guys want?”

“One medium macchiato and small iced americano with one chocolate croissant.”

“Coming up!”

 


 

“Bro, can you solve this one equation?”

“Nope, I’m too busy writing this essay that’s due at 11:59 PM today and it’s 9 pm right now; I only wrote one paragraph, don’t try to disturb me.”

“I can’t believe my best friend is a procrastinator.” 

“Well, . Sehun, you’re the one to talk.”

They looked at each other and sighed, afterwards they laughed as they knew they were ed the next day. Two of them are in their last year of high school and it was the year that they need to straighten their lives up as they’re one step closer to adulthood. Yet, it’s not working out for them as they keep procrastinating; but hey! A lot of college peeps do say they procrastinate as well, so it’s not that bad, right? 

“Sehun, when are you getting a job? Wanna join me and Tao in the pet store as a starter?”

“Nope.”

“Well then.”

Jongin knew why Sehun was rejecting his offer as he knew his best friend is a lazy , and he also knows that his best friend has a crush on a certain soccer coach that attended their high school. According to Sehun, Luhan’s coaching time was the same time that Jongin’s job would start, which is in the weekends. “Is it because of Luhan?”

“Maybe.”

“How close are you guys, anyways?” Jongin heard Sehun quietly sigh.

“Never talked to him.” Afterwards, Jongin’s body turned to the direction of where Sehun was. “What do you mean ‘never’?” Jongin squinted his eyes at Sehun as his best friend didn’t look at him and just shrugged his shoulders, Jongin crumbled up at a piece of paper and threw it at Sehun’s head. “Well, Jongdae works alongside with him, and I talked to him instead. Don’t think I was just standing afar in silence.” Jongin puffed his cheeks as he knew Sehun had a crush on Luhan for a long time—ever since first year high school, and that fact Sehun hasn't made any moves on the guy just make him sad. “When will you make a move on this guy then?”

“Maybe one day? I know he knows my existence at least, he sometimes waves at me when I come to talk to Jongdae. That’s something, right?” Sehun stops what he’s doing and looks at Jongin, “I don't have a plan, but I know that someday, maybe even tomorrow, I can actually talk to him.” After saying this, Sehun goes back to what he was doing. Jongin stares at his friend for a while until he wipes his imaginary tears while putting his hand on his chest for a dramatic effect. His baby Sehun is growing up to be a young man. Even though Sehun doesn’t have a plan, at least he somewhat knows what to do to make a move on this Luhan guy; Jongin thinks that fine for what’s going on right now. He knows Sehun is not the most out-going and outspoken there is in the universe, but he has guts.

 


A/N: Hey guys, thanks for sticking around for the first chapter of this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it and are still waiting for some more chapters. I know some characters are missing, but don't worry! They'll be appearing in the next chapters.