— i'd do it all again

all again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

all again ; ella henderson

 

oh no, here we are

can't believe the timing, yesterday you're smiling

i guess we both played our parts

 

Baekhyun still had vivid dreams of his past relationship. It’s hard to move on from a seven-year relationship, because with a love that long you’d think it would last forever.

Baekhyun guessed he was wrong.

However, he wondered if it was normal for his heart to ache when two years already passed since the grand breakup of Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, or what he liked to call as his greatest moment of heartbreak.

 

very entertaining, but it's such a shame

that we lost our way from the nights we danced

the bands were playing

 

Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun went way back, first year of college to be exact. Cliché it may sound, but they were the best friends to lovers type of couple. Pining for months since they met, the two were ecstatic when Chanyeol finally had the guts to ask Baekhyun out on a date and the latter agreed without hesitation,

Because he never ever hesitated when it came to Chanyeol.

They bonded through their common interest: Music. Of course, the sole reason why they met as well. Chanyeol would play the guitar and Baekhyun would sing his heart out to the love songs his boyfriend would strum to.

No break up songs, because they were happy and in love and Baekhyun nor Chanyeol did not need to listen to tunes about heart break and sorrow and moving on.

Nine years after, Baekhyun’s playlist was filled with poignant songs that he sang with all the remaining pieces of his heart, because he always found it easier to control his emotions when he has songs to describe it.

But deep inside he knew that no song could perfectly depict the pain he felt, feels, now that Chanyeol wasn’t by his side.

 

i say i'm over you

but i'm not sure that it's true

 

“How are you?” Kyungsoo asked him, sitting in front of the brunette with his chocolate latte at hand.

“I’m okay, why?” Baekhyun replied, garnering the energy to fake a smile.

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun nodded as he took a sip of his strawberry shake.

Kyungsoo smiled at him and Baekhyun felt guilty that he had to lie. Well, technically, Baekhyun is fine. He would wake up in the morning sometimes feeling a bit positive about his day…

‘Only to come home and wallow in my tears,’ he thought.

He does want to be better, to move on. He desperately wants to forget and become the person he used to be, even before Chanyeol came to his life. Byun Baekhyun wants to,

But he can’t.

 

come on, heart let me in

days can be so bright and the weight could be lighter

and we both know, so don't pretend

 

He tried dating other people as suggested by his concerned mother friend Kim Junmyeon. Through the blind dates, he met this cute kid named Oh Sehun. Tall, handsome, but surely had the sense of humor to keep Baekhyun smiling and giggling. They said their goodbyes making sure phone numbers were exchanged. This sparked hope inside his heart.

This is it.

But when he came home on that day from his lovely date, he checked to see his calendar to finally mark the progress of his moving on, an action he later regretted as his knees collapsed making him fall against his wooden floor.

14th of June.

It was supposed to be his and Chanyeol’s anniversary and Baekhyun felt everything rush back and it was awful, so goddamn awful, for his hopes of forgetting to be crushed so easily and immediately.

He heard his phone ring and he knew it was Sehun, but he was too broken to pick up. Too broken to start again.

Baekhyun never called Sehun back.

 

 

makes it all so hard

when I see that we're far from the way we were

oh the nights we danced, the bands were playing

 

 

Where did it go wrong?

This question lingered in Baekhyun’s thoughts every single day. He was so sure of Chanyeol. He was so confident that they’d go through all the challenges. That they’d shout insults and complaints at each other, but will always end up whispering their love and devotion at the end of it all.

He would spend his bad days like this, remembering and crying about things that would never return. Bringing out a box full of his ex-lover’s left possessions, which he never had the heart to throw out. He found one particular envelope that contained a letter he loved to read especially when he missed the other.

 

“I’m afraid of losing you,” Chanyeol confessed to him as he read the letter in front of Baekhyun. The latter only laughed at this, earning him a frown from his boyfriend.

“Why are you laughing?” Baekhyun stifled his giggles but let a smile linger on his lips.

“Because that’s never gonna happen, you know?” He walked over to Chanyeol and held his face between his beautiful hands.

His tall boyfriend immediately slid his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and claimed his lips and that day was marked as one of the couple’s favorites.

 

“I guess I’m the one who lost you,” Baekhyun murmured as he smiled sadly. The letter on his hands were once again drenched with the teardrops that left the heartbroken man’s eyes.

 

 

i say i'm over you

but i know that's not true

 

 

“Baekhyun?” A familiar voice called. Baekhyun turned to see the tall handsome funny young lad he never got to call back.

“Sehun, um, hi?” Baekyun greeted.

“What’s up? You know, you never answered my texts or calls, so I literally know nothing how you’re doing,” the young man asked.

Baekhyun almost choked on his spit at the bluntness, but decided that he deserved this for treating Sehun like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter