Fin

Far Away

Because it's my birthday last Saturday and I cant update in that day or after that day, so I decided to make this story, for my gift to myself and for missing an update. It's my first time doing angst so,.... this might not shake your emotions and I might be unable to make you cry like other story does, but anyway, I just want to make this one.

 

****

Jungkook, Seokjin's friend, brother, and ex. Yup, they are past lovers, everyone thought they're the pair who will prove that forever exist, but after three years, they broke it off, Seokjin knows, Jungkook's reason is a fat big lie, find his self? Bull!

But Seokjin doesn't want to make their relationship going if the younger doesn't want to, After that, Jungkook disappeared, no one knows where, and why, And like Seokjin, They're friends don't believe in what Jungkook had tell them, they know Jungkook loves Seokjin very much, and Seokjin does too, they understand the elder why he let go the younger so easily, but not the younger. Especially when Jungkook suddenly appeared in front of each of their houses, saying sorry for missing for one month, looking a robot that programmed to say a practised fake smile and speech.

Jungkook changed, from being happy with masculine tanned body that had bunny face with the eye that shimmer even in the dark, now looking at him, his not cheery nor as happy as before, his body change the tanned skin, became pale, his bunny face became unrecognizable but his appearance is still shouting handsomeness, but he became thin, still have muscle but it's not the same as before, and most of all, his eyes, it's not the same, the eyes that can lit up at the dark, became lifeless and dull, the tiredness and sadness of his eyes is visible, and even if he try to masked it, his friends can see through him.

"So why are we here? Is their anything to celebrate?" Namjoon asked Jungkook, who text them to meet him at their regular bar.

"Do I need a reason to treat my friends? " Jungkook asked, it's already one week after he came back from somewhere they don't know. They try to asked the younger but he just said, 'to somewhere a quiet place to think'

"Are you really Jeon Jungkook? What's with you dude?" Yoongi asked, not believing that this is the same Jungkook. After being friends with Jungkook in years and he always ended up being the one who always pay for their foods. AND not even once the younger treat them.

"Yeah, maybe his not Jungkook! Maybe his an alien disguised himself as our beloved maknae!" Taehyung joked and they laughed, it's nice, the feeling of them being complete.

"I'm not you, you know?" Jungkook said a little happier than before, and the others thinks the Jungkook they know is skowly coming back. They laughed harder, it continue until Hoseok opened up again the topic Jungkook doesn't want to answer but Seokjin wants to know.

"We know, from the very start you love Seokjin-hyung, so why did you decided to leave him? We know, what you said is a lie, so why?" Hoseok asked his a little drunk, the liquor is making him bold and loud.

Everyone is silent, the music is ringing loudly but it looks like there's a force that makes their surrounding silent.

"I think it's our time to leave, let's go Hoseok" Namjoon said, sensing it's for the best, Howell will not going to shut up if they stay in here, and just going to asked whatever in his drunken mind. Namjoon help his boyfriend to stand up.

The topic got thrown away, almost immediately after the couple left, but the silence and awkwardness didn't, it still linger,surrounding them. Until Jungkook break the ice in them.

"Taehyung-hyung " Jungkook called the latter just stared at him.

"Hmm?" Taehyung hummed, mouth with beer

"Do you have a boyfriend? " Jungkook asked the tension is slowly fading

"no, why are you going to hit on me? Sorry but I'm not int-- " Taehyung keep saying things, but Jungkook cut him off, his attention now is on his ex, this is the first time he make his eyes into Seokjin and they can't deny, they are still in love with each other.

 

"Seokjin-hyung " Jungkook said, but the way he said it is like he practice it. It makes everyone shiver, especially Jin, they never heard it before, because Jungkook will always call Seokjin as Jinnie, or babe, even before they weren't boyfriends, Jungkook just naturally said it. But now, hearing the maknae using honorifics at the elder, is just odd, and it's like a robot is saying it, not the Jungkook they knew.

 

"Y-yeah? " Seokjin stuttered unable to hide his shocked, being called a hyung by his ex lover is shockingly surprising.

 

"do you have one?" Jungkook asked trying to masked the hope and sadness in his eyes, but Seokjin know him well enough, to know if his masking things, because even before Jungkook likes masking his worries to not disturb or bother them. Maybe that is yhe thing that doesnt change at Jungkook. The hope in Jungkook's eyes, it's make him hope too, because even Jungkook is gone, Seokjin is still loving him.

 

"boyfriend?" Seokjin asked, his confused and he doesn't know the other emotion his feeling excited? Yeah maybe, did Jungkook still love him like he do to the younger? He hope it's a yes.

 

"yeah" Jungkook answered him, now staring at the beer his holding.

 

"no bec--" because I'm waiting for you Seokjin wants to say, but he got cutted of by Jungkook.

 

"Why don't you two became one?" Everyone tensed, their body became stiff, tension building in their table. Jimin is making his eyes shift to Jungkook, Seokjin, and Taehyung. Yoongi is glaring at the youngest.

 

"what?!" They all said in unison, only Jungkook giving them a 'what's-the-big-deal' face.

 

"I think me and Yoongi will gonna go" Jimin said, unable to breath in the tension, and he knows, if they stay in here, and Jungkook says one more thing that makes Yoongi annoyed, he knows his lover will beat the hell out of Jungkook.

 

Jimin held the hand of Yoongi, restraining the other to take a charge at the younger, and he thanks the heaven that his boyfriend can calm down when he does that.

 

"Jungkook " Yoongi said, a venom laced in it, his eyes is visibly dark, eventhough the club is dark , they can still see the piercing gaze Yoongi is giving to Jungkook.

 

"yes hyung? " Jungkook calmly asked then straightly make an eye contact with him, and Jimin is amused at the same time irritated at how the younger can be calmed when his lover is like that, and what's with Jungkook? When Yoongi does that before the younger will always gulp, or unable to make an straight eye contact try to Yoongi, but now?

 

"fix your self" Yoongi warned, he knows, they knows, the feeling of each other, Seokjin is inlove with Jungkook and it is transparent and obvious that their maknae still does too, and they know, all in their circle of friends know how smitten Taehyung is to Seokjin but Seokjin is as oblivous as ever, and he will not know not until Taehyung said it straight to his face. But they didnt know that Jungkook knows it too, because, Taehyung's cush only bloom after he witness, a crying Seokjin, he became shoulder to Seokjin when Jungkook disappeared.

 

"...." Jungkook went silent after that, still staring straight but his mind isn't their.. 'fix himself?' If he only could then he would...

 

"I think I should go too" Jungkook said after a minutes had passed, the dead silent even their is a loud music playing is nothing that take away the awkward and dead silence in their table.

 

"No, Jungkook, you need to stay here" Taehyung said, gripping Jungkook's wrist, bringing the younger back to sit.

 

"Tae" Seokjin softly called, and something in Jungkook cracked, the way Seokjin said Taehyung's pet name...full of cared and loved.

 

"STAY.HERE!" Taehyung growled, and Jungkook doesn't argue anymore, letting Taehyung passed at him and leave the bar.

 

"Why?" Seokjin lowly, almost whispered, his head hung low, eyes hiding at his bangs.

 

"Why what?" Jungkook asked back, he know what the elder wants to hear, an explanation, he wants to say it, he wants to explain, to apologize, but he won't, because he doesn't want Seokjin's pity, he doesn't want to be selfish, he just want his hyung to be happy, and by doing this, by letting him go, by letting Taehyung take over his 'role', even if its hurt, but he knows Seokjin can and will be happy.

 

"Why did you leave? And now you're pushing me to Taehyung? " Seokjin asked, now looking straight at Jungkook, and seeing his glossy teary eye makes Jungkook want to hugged Jin and showered him with kisses and love. But he force himself not to, restrained his eyes to show his affection.

 

"Why? Don't you like it? Isn't Taehyung is with you while I'm gone?" Jungkook coldly said, he tried to hide his emoyions but failed, his voice is full of jealousy and at the same time sadness.

 

"how did you know?" Seokjin asked, Jungkook wasn't there, when Taehyung give him comfort, when he needed someone to make him stand, to make him feel okay.

 

"..." Jungkook is silent, and Jin knows that the younger is not going to answer him, he also know, Jungkook is avoiding all the questions he and their friends is asking, for some reason Jungkook only knows.

 

"Jungkook" Seokjin softly called, they missed it, Jungkook hearing the elder to call his name, with the same feelings like he didnt just left the elder, and Seokjin missed it not just calling the younger's name, but the person his calling too, that person is in his front, staring at back at him.

 

"you like him, and he likes you too" Jungkook bluntly said, –acting– like he doesn't care about Seokjin's hurt expression.

 

"that's not true" Seokjin deny, but he knows, it is, his not oblivious at what his friends says, he doesn't want to just assumed things.

 

"but it is, the way I see you looked at him, and same for him" Jungkook nonchalantly said, it hurts, to said it out loud, but it is to push Jin away, from him, and make Seokjin see Taehyung, Taehyung is the only one who he trust to be with Seokjin, he knows this, coz he see it, his not actually far away, his still in Seoul, just staying hidden, watching Yoongi kneel to make Jimin to believe that his serious about him, watching Namjoon and Hoseok continue to write their love story, and watching his Seokjin being held by Taehyung, only watching it in the side, not able to be part of them. It hurts for his side, but they needed it, for them to be ready.

 

"stop it, you don't know a thing, you disappeared for a month, and your messing with my life" Seokjin angrily said, standing up

 

"I just want to help" Jungkook whispered

 

"It didn't, so stop it" Seokjin coldly said, walking away from him.

 

***

 

It went on, Jungkook doesn't apologize after that night, but they still went to the place where Jungkook tell them to meet him, it's been a week after that, they're at the park, they saw Jungkook under the tree a blanket in te ground.

 

Picnic... he smiled at them, it's genuine but tired, his eye bags got bigger and darker but they didn't asked why. Jungkook pulled Tae and Namjoon with him, both of his side, they didn't asked, just stared puzzled at him then they form a circle, after a minute, Jungkook stand up, excusing himself that he will just be in the restroom nearby, but he didn't.. after half an hour, Jungkook texted them that he got an emergency, but they should still have some fun without him, but the truth is, Jungkook is still there, watching them to have some fun, Yoongi under the tree, using Jimin's thigh as pillows Hoseok and Namjoon chasing Taehyung that had Seokjin in his back, They looked happy, no they are happy, even without him.

 

****

 

It's been another week that Jungkook called them, now again at their usual bar, and the others just wished it was far from the other week, and it is, when they get their, they see, the old Jungkook, his drunk, the flush on his face and his breath is proof. And mostly the way he clung at Seokjin, like he was before, he hissed and growled all the boys and girls trying to hit Seokjin, whispered sweet little things at Seokjin's ear, it confuses Seokjin, yes, but he missed this Jungkook, the lively cheery boy, he teases his hyungs non-stop, don't let Taehyung be near at Seokjin and be sweet at Seokjin like before. They are happy, even Taehyung are happy, that finally, they can see the old Jeon Jungkook they knew.

 

But that didn't take long, after an hour or two, Jungkook get back to his senses, excusing himself, not wanting to explain, leaving all his friends confused.

 

****

 

Another week had passed. Jungkook text them again, saying his in the amusement park, all of them come, hoping Jungkook to explained himself, but that didn't come.

 

When they are there Jungkook had someone, a tall beautiful lad, and maybe at Jungkook's age, he looks so happy. He said that they can't explore all of the rides with all of them being together, so he suggested that they need to paired up, so they does, Seokjin with Taehyung, Jimin with Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon and Jungkook and his 'friend' Yugeom.

 

They enjoyed it, but after the day, they didn't see Jungkook.

 

****

 

It's already two months after Jungkook went back, he and Taehyung are enjoying each others company, thanks to Jungkook who always

pairing them up.

It continue, going on dinner, Parks and all, once in a week Jungkook will text them or call them, his like a party planner, his not like this before, he much like to stay home with Seokjin cuddling with him, but before is before, past is past.
 
So when Jungkook text him, saying his with their favorite beach, he thought the others is in there too, but his shocked to find only one person staring at the endless sea, sitting in the sand.
 
"Where are the others?" That is the first thing that Seokjin asked, he thought Taught would be here too (he maybe like's Taehyung now, more than friends, but he still love Jungkook) so when the younger looked and smiled sadly at him, Seokjin's heart sank. Jungkook is so pale and bony. He look sick! His much more worse than he looked last week! Seokjin notice this, but he didn't have time to asked, Jungkook must sense this, then he will avoid that topic until it is forgotten.
 
"There's only you and me here, Jinnie" Jungkook sweetly says, his voice, it so weak, his body seems so weak and fragile too.
 
'Jinnie' Seokjin repeated to himself, He missed it, so much that when it rolled to Jungkook's lips it's sound so sweet to Seokjin's ears.
 
"Are you drunk Jungkook? " But still Seokjin's suspicion getting high, Jungkook only talk sweet when he was drunk.
 
"no, I'm not, I just want to... spent my last time here with you"Jungkook quietly said then make his gaze back at the sunset across the beach.
 
"what do you mean?" Seokjin settled beside him. Close but have enough space between them.
 
"can you pretend that I'm still your kookie? and your still my Jinnie? " Jungkook asked his gaze still in the beach
 
"what do you mean Jungkook?! " Seokjin asked loudly, facing the younger slight anger in his eyes is visible
 
"please? can you? For the last time?" Jungkook begged now staring straight at Seokjin 's eyes, the shimmering is back and Seokjin is so lost into it, Jungkook is still beautiful as ever. Then he quietly said a "yes "
 
"but before that, do you love Taehyung hyung? " Jungkook asked now his eyes is back at the sunset and the hurt and also hopeful eyes is there.. Seokjin knows what the younger wants to he
ar.
 
"yes" he lied, he still love Jungkook and only him.
 
"I'm glad, I wish he can make you happy and feel love more that I can" Jungkook whispered but Seokjin heard it clearly
 
"I'm sure he can".He again lied, he doesn't know why Jeon does that, he just feel that it is what Jungkook wants to hear.
 
"yeah" Jungkook agree
 
There is silence between them. Until Seokjin remember what the younger said earlier.
 
"what do you mean for the last time? Are you leaving again?" Seokjin asked confusion and curiosity is in his voice and face
 
"yes"
 
"where too?"
 
"somewhere"
 
"where it is?"
 
"somewhere so far away in here hyung "
 
"are you going back?"
 
"no"
 
"you're staying in there for good?" Seokjin asked, he tried really hard not to sound hurt, but Jungkook still feel the loneliness and sadness, or is it his own emotions?
 
"yeah"
 
"Ah--" Seokjin is silence by the sudden soft lips against his.
 
Jungkook kissed him.
 
"I'm sorry, I must step out of the line, I'm sorry, I think Im going, goodbye Jinnie, please don't forget about me".Jungkook said and quickly stand up, with wobbly legs he run, before Seokjin can react, Jungkook is already gone.
 
****
 
It's been two months already when Seokjin last saw Jungkook, he missed him, they are no explanation why to why the younger act like that.
 
His on his apartment watching the view outside, until the bell rang, he let's out a sighed and went to it.
 
It was Taehyung, he smiled widely and kiss the latter's cheeks, but Taehyung face is still serious so Seokjin also became one.
 
"Tae? what's wrong?"
 
"Here, watch it" Taehyung gave him a black cd case
 
"what is it?"
 
"a cd"
 
"I know that Tae" he sassy said, he open the door wide for Taehyung to enter "come inside let's watch it together"he said a smile crept at his face.
 
"I already watch mine, and I think it's better if it's only you who watched it"
 
"It's better not be prank"
 
"no it wasn't " and with that Taehyung leave.
 
Seokjin enter his apartment again and take the cd in the player, after second it played, firstly it's blank and he thinks Taehyung is pranking him. But after a second, he saw him, the boy his been missing. Jeon Jungkook, it's him, it's look like it is after they met in the beach, his wearing the same clothes when they met. Seokjin still remember it. It's the last time he saw the youngest.
 
Then Jungkook in the video smiled and sadly talking.
"Hi Jinnie? Can I still call you that? Haha... So I made this video coz I'm too coward to say it to you personally" he laughed, then shift to the sofa his sitting with, getting comfortable at his seat.
 
"I know,you all guys want to know where and how have I been, for the last months, and what happened to me?"
 
"I don't know where to start actually"
 
"should I say I love you first that's why I did it or I'll put it in the end?"
 
"anyway, so for the last months, Im still in Seoul, but i frequently went to hospitals, Yugeom is a private detective and also a friend of mine and his in the hospital I am in because he got into car accident, then a request his help. That's why I know all of your current phones and addresses, and also what's happening to my friends. Sorry? I know you hate it, being watched and all."
 
"but I can't follow you around, when I know I can passed out anytime"
 
"yeah, maybe it confuses you, don't you? I keep saying hospital and being in there, am I sick?"
 
"well not really, it just that I need a heart transplant "
 
"but, I can't, I know I will still love you even if my heart wasn't originally mine, but, ..."
 
"I decided to gave you to Taehyung, yeah, I know you know, and your right I'm pushing you to Taehyung, I trust him to make you happy Jinnie"
 
"because I can't, there is only 45% of me surviving and 55% of not, I told taehyung to give it to you after two months of me disappearing again."
 
"I... I never want to leave you Jinnie, I love you so goddamn much, but I dont want to be selfish, I want you to be ready, that when I'm gone, it's doesnt hurt because you already had someone to hold"
 
"I'm idiot I know"
 
"I hope your not crying Jinnie "
 
"I hope Taehyung is with you"
 
"I h--ope your happy, with out me..." Jungkook stuttered unable to continue to speak straightly from the lack of oxygen, because his face is full of tears and his hiccuppung
 
"if you receive this video, then you already know, that I... " He keep pausing and pausing then continue to speak when he regrain his breath, and Seokjin just keep his eyes in him, wishing Jungkook to be here, by his side and he should be doing this personally  not cowardly.
 
"I went far away from here" Seokjin burst into tears, now he get it, the far away, its not in here in korea, nor in other country, Its outside of the earth...
 
"I love you, Please be happy, say Namjoon-hyung to not break things and made Hoseokhyung called Yoongi hyung in the middle of their date with Jimin- hyung, and say to Taehyung -hyung that I'm going to haunt him if he did not take care of himself and you. I know I have many things to explain to all of you, but I don't think I have much of a time, my flight is one hour away" Seokjin just keep staring at the man in the video, tears continuously falling in his chreks, he can stutter or utter a word. He just keeo crying will sobbing loudly.
 
"I think Taehyung already gave the other hyungs their cd like this, but still, please remind them"
 
"All of you, I love you all, please, this confession video is not for you to cry or feel guilty, especially you Jinnie "
 
"all of you can survive without me, I see it, so don't deny, Ah? What else? Is there anything else? I actually forgot, I'm..."
 
"scared..." Jungkook mumbled
 
"I want to say I don't want to go to America and die, but, what if the operation got some miracle? If so, Taehyung hyung! I'm gonna snatch Jinnie again." Seokjin heart just keep beating fast, he hate it, hate that Jungkook never tell this to him.
 
"Oh I wish, haaaa! " Jungkook inhaled deeply, his face is full of tears, and it looks like he can't breath properly. And actually Seokjin is the same too.
 
"I don't want go be dramatic, so that's all, I'm happy I spent my last time with all of the people I loved, thank you every one, I'm sorry for keeping this, and I love you" And that is the last word and sound from the video before it came blank. And Seokjin can't stop crying.
 
****
 
After a month, accepting Jungkook is.. gone, it's not easy, Seokjin really did love him,but for some reason it didn't feel Jungkook is really gone.
 
Hoseok and Namjoon is now engaged, Jimin and Yoongi adopted a puppy, treating him like it's their baby.
 
Hmm? what else? Ah...
 
will Jungkook will be angry if he finds out him and Taehyung didn't end up together?
 
yeah, he likes Tae, but that is not enough to love him, he doesn't want to hurt the younger, cause he knows to himself that only Jungkook is the one he loved and maybe going to love. Is that foolish? Seokjin doesn't care.
 
Yoongi is cursing Jungkook will crying his eyes out, when Seokjin visit them, Jimin is quietly crying, Taehyung and Namjoon is silent but Seokjin knows they just keeping it inside, Hoseok is a sobbing mess, hugging Seokjin and Seokjin cantry help but cry his heart too. Nobody knows where Jungkook really was, nor his grave if there was.
 
The salty breeze from the beach makes him peaceful. His in the beach he and Jungkook loved. He doesn't know why, but he's hands grip on his wheel and he just found himself driving to this direction.
 
He inhaled deeply, his lovestory is something unusual at the same time cliche, Jungkook is a kid your blessed to have beautiful,Smart, kind but mischievous, but fate like to play and make him suffer at his poor heart condition that he inherited in his grandparents. Deciding he doesnt want to be selfish and wanting Jin to move on fast eventhough his still alive is just idiotic to Seokjin. Jungkook is stupidly idiotic kid, he and Seokjin can be together at the time Jungkook wanting him to move on, instead of pushing him to Taehyung, he can take care of Jungkook, let him be part of everything he missed, not watching in the sidelines.
 
The wind blew again, but now it has different smell, strange but at the same time familiar scent in it. And if his being delusional he thinks it's the same sweet and musky scent like Jungkook.
 
His body became stiff when he heard footstep, nearing towards him.
 
"Jinnie " a voice that he missed so much, he cannot be mistaken, even in months even years he didn't hear that voice he knows who it belongs to...
 
Seokjin gasp, eyes going wide because he cant believe who is the person his seeing, is he dreaming?If that's a yes he doesn't want to wake up.
 
He smiled at the figure, shakingly stand up with his legs trembling same goes to his hands. He softly whispered the pet name —that he only dream to say again — but loud enough to reach the other person to hear, and the raven haired boy grinned at him, his bunny teeth showing, his tanned skin is back, also his muscle. All in all his back...
 
"Kookie "