The First Knight

Cinderella and Four Knights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If Cinderella ever exist, then I'm the fairy tale"

London 

Park Shin Hye walked into the living room, the stench of sorrow hung in the air, and she took one long lingering stare at the wedding picture hanging on the wall of the living hall, with her eyes closed, she let the tears slowly flowing down her cheeks. She recalled those times, those days they were together, as if it was just yesterday. He was always there for her when she needed supports, he was there for her when she was down, but now, it will never be the same again.

Slowly and gentle she took off the wedding band on her finger, and placed it on the table. "I will miss you very much. Thank you for everything you did for me. For now, I will be brave and find my happiness." she said it while taking one more last stare at the photo, she then turned around, with her luggage along, walking towards to the door. 

 

Angel House Orphanage

 

It was a bright sunny day in July. The sky was painted with bright blue and the shiny green grass glistened in the sun. It was a great day, not only for her, but him as well.

Early morning, Park Hyeon Joo took Shin Hye, his only daughter to this unfamiliar place. With the given address, the driver followed the GPS and brought them to this place - Angel House Orphanage. After an hour drive, they reached the destination. Park Hyeon Joo gets down from the car, looking at the place, his lips curled into a soft smile. He then turned and helped Shin Hye gets down from the car. Just then, a lady came out and greeted them. "You must be Mr Park. Sister Maria is waiting inside. Let me leads you the way in." Park Hyeon Joo nodded and followed her with Shin Hye holding on to his hand. 

They came to a room, where they sees there are few children playing. Not too far from where they were standing, there is a little boy looked slightly older than Shin Hye is talking to Sister Maria. He is packing, putting all his belongings into a bag with the help from Sister Maria. "Sister Maria. They are here." the lady informed Sister Maria.

Sister Maria smiles when she saw Park Hyeon Joo. "Jae Hyun. Come. Follow me." Holding his hand and the other hand holding on his packed bag, they walked towards where Park Hyeon Joo and Shin Hye are. 

"Long time no see Sister Maria." Park Hyeon Joo said. He then looks at the little boy, "Is it him?" Sister Maria nodded, "This is Jae Hyun." She smiles and then introduced Jae Hyun to both of them. 

"Sister Maria. Who are they?" asked little Jae Hyun, wondering why he needs to pack his belongings and now being introduced to this Ahjussi and the little girl. Sister Maria kneeled down besides him and said, "Jae Hyun, remember Sister Maria told you yesterday that you will be having a family soon? They are your family now. You will not stay here anymore, but with them from now onwards. Arraso."

Jae Hyun looked at Sister Maria with a confusion gaze, "They are my family and I will live with them?" Park Hyeon Joo walked closer to him and smiles at him, "Neh. Jae Hyun. From today onwards, you will be Park Jae Hyun and you will live with us. I'm your Appa and this is your dongsaeng, Shin Hye." He holds his little hand then turned around and looks at Shin Hye, "Shin Hye-ah...Come here." Park Hyeon Joo said as he kneeled down besides her 5 years old daughter. "From today onwards, you have a brother. He is Park Jae Hyun. He is your oppa." 

Looking at her father with a confusion gaze, she repeated what her Appa said, "Oppa? I-I have a brother?......Oppa's name is Park Jae Hyun." 

Although Jae Hyun still not very clear of what is happening to him, but he feels very safe and comfortable when he sees Shin Hye. All these while, he always wanted a dongsaeng and now his dream did came true. He got an adorable dongsaeng. Jae Hyun walks closer to Shin Hye and held her little hand, "Annyeong. My dongsaeng. Shin Hye." Shin Hye still confused of what is happening but she likes the idea of having a Oppa, so she smiles back at him. "Oppa."

"Shin Hye. How old are you? Oppa is 8 years old this year." Jae Hyun said. Shin Hye giggles and shows him 5 of her little fingers. "Ow..you are 3 years younger than me." He gives her a cheerful smile. "Do you want to play?" Shin Hye nodded her head but before she does so, she turned and looked back at Park Hyeon Joo. "Go ahead." With the green light permission from the father, both Jae Hyun and Shin Hye happily go play. 

Park Hyeon Joo turned and glanced at Sister Maria and whispered to her, "Don't worry. I will take good care of Jae Hyun." She smiles back at him, trying to hold back her tears and said to him, "Thank you. I believe Mr and Mrs Ahn will be relief seeing Jae Hyun found a family." 

"Don't say that. They are Ji Won's best friend. Even if you don't ask, I will still take Jae Hyun as my son." said Park Hyeon Joo while looking Jae Hyun playing with Shin Hye. "I'm sure Ji Won would be happy that I made this decision too." 

--------------------------------------------

 

"Jae Hyun. This is your room. If you need anything, you let Ahjumma knows, she will gets it for you." said Park Hyeon Joo. He wants to make sure Jae Hyun get used to the new environment. "My room is at the end of the corner, Shin Hye room is just next to you. Go take a shower. Ahjumma already prepared your pyjamas for you. I will see you later." He shows him where their rooms are and making sure Jae Hyun doesn't feel weird or strange living with them. Jae Hyun nods his head. "A-Appa. Don't worry about me. I'm a big boy. I can look after myself." Park Hyeon Joo chuckles, "Alright. Big boy. I trust you." 

After shower, Jae Hyun changed into the pyjamas which Ahjumma prepared for him. His lips curled into a smile when he looks at the bed, the mattress, the blanket, the pillow that they prepared for him. Compared to what he had in Angel House Orphanage, this is definitely a life change for him. Just when he about to sleep, someone knocked his door. Is it Appa? He then went and opened the door. To his surprise, he saw little Shin Hye in pyjamas, one hand holding her teddy bear and the other hand holding her bolster, standing at the door smiling at him. "Shin Hye?"

Little Shin Hye looks at Jae Hyun with her puppy eyes, "Oppa. Can I sleep with you tonight. I'm scared of the monster." Without waiting for his reply, she quickly ran into his room, and to his bed, lied down. "Oppa. Can you tell me bedtime story?" With her cute gestures, Jae Hyun got no choice but to allows his 'new' dongsaeng spent a night sleeping in the same room as him.

"Once upon a time.... there is......" Jae Hyun starts telling her bedtime story. Without both of them realising, Park Hyeon Joo is at the door peeping through and saw this heart-touching moments. He whispered in his heart, Yeobo, you don't have to worry about Shin Hye anymore, now she got a good brother to look after her. She is not lonely anymore.

--------------------------------------------

"Oppa. Can I have that?" Little Shin Hye points at the cranberries which Park Hyeon Joo got it from Australia when he went for a business trip. Just before Jae Hyun passed his portion to Shin Hye, he got stopped by Park Hyeon Joo. "Shin Hye. You finished your portion. That is for Jae Hyun. How can you eat all by yourself? That is not right. What did Appa taught you?" Jae Hyun quickly calmed him down by saying, "Appa. Kwenchana. I don't really like cranberries." He smiles and then placed all his cranberries at Shin Hye's plate.

Feeling guilty and bad, Shin Hye took some of the cranberries and feed Jae Hyun. "Oppa. Eat the cranberries. Is really delicious. Shin Hye will have 3 of yours and the rest you will eat. Alright?" she said it with a big smiles on her face. "There are so many here, Oppa can't finished all. Let's split it half, you take these half." Jae Hyun then put the split portion back to Shin Hye's plate. "Gomawo Oppa." Shin Hye smiles happily.

Park Hyeon Joo saw both of them and couldn't help but smiles too. My son and my daughter. The best gifts I ever got in my life. 

--------------------------------------------

Jae Hyun back from school and heard crying sound came from the garden. "Kwenchana?" He quickly rushed to the garden and asked when he saw Shin Hye sitting at the floor. Seeing her knee bleeding, he quickly takes out his handkerchief and cover her wound. "Don't cry. Come. Oppa piggyback you to wash the wound and apply medicine for you." Like magic words, Shin Hye stopped crying and left with sobbing.

Jae Hyun washed the wound and then applied medicine on her wound. "Still pain?" he asked with concerned tone. Shin Hye shakes her head.

"What happened? How did you fall down?" he then asked her.

Shin Hye takes out some seeds from her pockets and says, "I wanted to plant these cranberries seeds at the garden so that Oppa can eat it when they grows. But I didn't know Ahjumma washed the floor, it was slippery and I fell." Jae Hyun pats her head and smiles, "Silly girl. Next time just wait for Oppa to be back and do it together,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter