Prologue

If Only

Lee Jaey

Gender: Female

Birthdate: 13th April 1996 (20)

Height: 171cm

Weight: 56kg

Jaey POV

Everyone around me knew that I was a huge Kpop fan. I love BTS and EXO. Hence, my fellow kpop fans were always jealous that I was part korean and could probably connect with the kpop bands better then they ever could. Every single time my friends told others that I was half korean, those people would expect fluent korean to start flowing out of my mouth. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I've never lived in korea, I was born and bred in america. Nonetheless, once people got over their disappointment of my incapabilities in regard to the korean blood in my body, they would once again greet me with respect and joy. Heh did I ever mention that I was an olympic swimmer, and that I'm really smart. ^^ Heh such a smart fellow but I can't speak korean. Why am I such a disgrace. Oh well, we're past me lamenting about my incapabilities. Lets get on with my story. 

One fine day, on a sunny morning, I woke up from bed, crying. 

Crying? O M G WHY? Well, I started crying because I had super massive post concert depression. My babies were no longer in the US, they've returned to Korea. The WINGS concert was over! During the concert, I had screamed for practically 2 hours straight. However, even if I were sitting in the VIP zone, I was still in the sitting zone. Hence, I was never noticed... not even once. $300 for a ticket and 2 hours of screaming had not made me anymore recognised then anyone in the crowd yesterday. And I began to regret...

Why didn't I like BTS earlier? Why didn't I support them earlier? Why didn't I liked Kpop earlier? Why didn't I fly off to Australia one day later; I couldv'e made it for their Red Bullet concert. Why didn't I... 

I cried for hours and hours over 7 boys that would probably never know my name. And then, I stopped. 

"Wow, how ridiculous I must seem. Crying over 7 guys that would never know me. If only... Ah, it's too late for regret." 

After that day, my obession with BTS slowly and slowly extinguished. I kept supporting them, even until I was 30. But as every other idol, they grew old, a new generation of idols started becoming more popular and BTS became just another old idol group. 

Similarly, I just got older and older. 

I was 80 when I was first hospitalised for high blood pressure. I was 87 when my case got more serious. I was 92 when I was hospitalised for good. I was 93 and 12 days old when I realised I was lying on my death bed. I was 93 and 13 days old when I died. At my death, my live flashed before my eyes. What brought the biggest smile to my face was seeing the BTS WINGs concert replay in my head and when I won my first olympic medal. 

"I've lived a good life. I'm thankful. My only one regret was not supporting BTS earlier. Hahaha 93 years old and I'm still not over BTS. Haha maybe I will finally be able to meet them in the after life." I murmured my last few words under my breath and my heart monitor line went flat. 

.

.

.

"Why is everything so black? Omg! Why is my voice so high pitched? Woah, why does my body feel so flexible..." 

And then, I breathed again.