unnie makes us feel attacked

constellation of dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sinb looked at Yerin who's looking at her. Something's brewing in her stomach, usually the sight of yerin would make butterflies go haywire but that's not the case right now. Right now the butterlies were dying.

Yerin's lips slowly turned up into a smile, but Sinb couldn't find it in herself to do the same. Instead, Sinb dodged her look and turned away, pretending to be interested in something else when really, all she could focus on was the way Yuju was touching her and the way they laughed together. Of course all the girls were close, but Yerin and Yuju seemed to always be playfully flirting and whatnot which began to really bother Sinb. She trusted Yerin, of course, and she knew Yuju was already loved up with Umji but for some reason, she couldn't control her feelings and this time was no different. 

Yerin eventually got up from were she had been sitting, next to Yuju, and moved to plop down next to Sinb, immediately latching onto her arm. 

"What's wrong?"

Sinb felt Yerin's weight pressed on her side. In any other days, Sinb would become a stuttering mess and maybe indulge herself into the soft sensation, but today is not any other day.  Sinb gave Yerin a fleeting glance, almost brushing her off. If the fog in her mind weren't so thick, she would've noticed the hurt in Yerin's eyes. 

"Nothing."

Sinb wondered, sometimes she wondered if in the end she's only Yerin's consolation prize. Sometimes it does feel like that.

"Nothing?" Yerin asked, and Sinb didn't turn to look at her when she nodded in reply, keeping her eyes trained on the television in front of them.

"There's obviously something in your mind." Yerin said matter of factly. Her hands s around Sinb's waist as she threw a leg over the younger girl's folded ones. 

"Let go, unnie."

"I won't let go until you tell me what's bothering you." Sinb didn't utter another word, already given up. 

"What's up with you two?" A curious Eunha piped in from across the room, the tablet in her hands had been deprived of battery.

Sinb narrowed her eyes at Eunha. "None of your business." 

Eunha pretended to cry and ended up running off, probably to Sowon, Sinb assumed, who was somewhere in the kitchen cooking for the members. 

"Yah," Yerin nudged Sinb, frowning. "Seriously, what's wrong?"

"I feel lonely at the sound of your voice, unnie," Sinb said without turning her head. 

"Why would you?" Yerin asked, voiced laced with concern.

Sinb shrugged.

"Sinb, I love you," Yerin pulled Sinb's hand and squeezed it. "And I am here."

Sinb scoffed, "You know, 'I love you' is usually used as an apology for things we couldn't give. And your 'I love you' sounds like that."

Sinb pulled her hand away from her girlfriend's and tried to move away so there was some distance between them. Yerin frowned, but didn't try to make another move to get Sinb to talk to her and instead sighed, getting up from her spot. Sinb snuck a glance to see where Yerin had went and clenched her jaw when she was yet again all over Yuju, who was gladly accepting her affection.

Sinb's face involuntarily contorted into a deep scowl. Sinb saw Yuju's mouth moved a bit, and judging from Yerin's smile, it was probably something Sinb could never say. Because Yerin rarely smile at her.

While her own girlfriend seems to be enjoying another's company, Sinb decided to leave the cursed room and made her way to the kitchen. She needs to get away from whatever this is that had been clenching her heart and burning the pit of her stomach.

Sinb's withdrawn tears had begun to slowly trickle down her face, falling on to the white-tiled floors.

Please log in to read the full chapter