Silent Chest

Fighting for Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight”

 

Nobody knows such thing would happen; unknowingly people started gathering around 2 teenagers that seem to be having an inner battle with the use of their eyes sending thunder-like lightning to the veins of one another. Around 5 minutes ago the whole place was peaceful, just like any other day a 17 year old boy in 11th grade is sitting at the third chair in the first column, eighth row not minding the people around him as he was absorbed by the book he’s reading.

 

 

The young guy holding the book is wearing a black rounded spectacle which is too big for the frame of his face. His hair is combed neatly at the side making the guy look trustworthy, kind and quiet. His breathing is the only noise that is heard nothing more, nothing less. The supposed to be tranquil surrounding was soon disturbed by a demanding yell.

 

“THROW THE BALL HERE” a request was made, no it wasn’t a request but a command from a guy in the 12th grade wearing a dirtied uniform due to playing Football.

 

The guy who was being addressed didn’t budge at all and he doesn’t have any plans in doing so, he was at peace and he wouldn’t like it to be taken away but you don’t get what you want easily so most of the time what you want turns into a complete 360 degrees difference.

 

Rushed footsteps are heard and from the sound emitted there should be at least 3 to 4 people running towards the guy reading. Surprisingly all the running had stopped, leaving the place in a calm state again but a scream broke the silence. The book’s cover is almost torn after being tossed to the ground as the owner was drag downstairs while being held in the collar.

 

“Are you deaf?” a mocking question was thrown to the guy as soon as he got down.

He’s panting hard and he felt like throwing up so he decided to leave the question unattended by lowering his head to catch some air but he was forced to look up when the 12th grader grabbed his chin.

 

“Did your parents not teach you that ignoring someone is very disrespectful?” the staring battle continue to persist as the two youngsters hold onto their pride but the younger who was drag had enough so he shove the hand of the older to the side and stood up.

The younger brushed his hands to his clothes to wipe off the dirt because he hates dirt like the person in front of him.

 

“What do you know about being respectful?”

 

Everyone was taken aback from what they heard after all nobody has been bold enough to talk back to the captain of the football team, Koo Junhoe

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Maybe you’re the one who’s deaf, you’re 17.78 cm 7 inches if you don’t know, away from me yet you didn’t hear me”

 

The younger’s anger is growing even more and he’s ready to turn away and pretend that nothing happened but the captain’s smirk made him stay.

Both eyes are staring to one another and neither of the two would like to surrender. A fight is ready to break out any minute but no one is stopping them.

 

It started from a group of friends watching them which then turned to a huge number of students from different levels all eager to see what will happen next and soon enough the big circle of crowd is letting out chants of encouragement for the two to start fighting.

 

“Watch your mouth , you don’t know who you’re messing with” a venomous threat slips out of the older’s voice as he took a step towards the younger.

 

“You’re the dumb one cause I know who you are..... you’re ing Koo Junhoe, the leader of the football team that didn’t even manage to get to the top 10 of the FCC tournament”

 

Time stood still and everyone is in a state of shock, the temperature is so high almost burning the school but the crowd stand frozen, unable to process what they heard.

Since the FCC tournament everyone has been careful and sensitive around the football team. Nobody dares to meet the eyes of the captain cause they’ll see hell...

 

“”

A hiss of pain came out from the younger’s mouth as he felt something thrown to his stomach making him fall down to the ground.

 

“Let’s play then, one on one.... man vs man and if you lose....” Junhoe squat down and face the younger in front of him, directly in the eyes showing no emotions, no fear, and no mercy. “Prepare for the worst, because you’ll be rolling around the field as I kick your sorry body in replacement of a ball”

 

Everyone started moving away as the two prepare for their football match.

No goalkeeper, no teammates just the two of them running back and forth to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter