Bad boy, good boy

Hate

"Urg this Jinyoung kid, honestly I'm gonna kill him one day" Mark groaned as he slammed his locker door close.

"What happened this time" Jackson asked with a chuckle.

"I was sitting in class, casually minding my own business, and this kid decides it's funny to throw pencils at me. Like honestly I don't know what I did to deserve his undivided attention" Mark growled out while they were walking towards their classroom.

"I'm sorry man" Jackson said while laughing.

"You're just laughing at me, thank you for being a great friend" Mark said sarcastically.

"I'm sure you'll be fine" Jackson said as he skipped off to his own classroom.

Park Jinyoung. Everyone knew him. He was smart enough to have skipped a year, and bad enough to do all of high school over again. Mark never understood the connection. He had perfect grades, but the attitude of a typical bad boy. 

Girls loved it, but Mark wasn't so fond of Jinyoung's behaviour. Specially when it was directed towards him. Jinyoung seemed to find pleasure in teasing him. Calling him little stupid nicknames, throw paper balls at him, casually walking by and closing the book he had just been reading. 

Mark admits he admired Jinyoung. He admired how he was so different from different perspectives. Mark knew it was a heck of a lot work to keep up your grades like that, so Jinyoung was a hard working person. He just never understood the reason behind his attitude. He might like him a little, but just because the younger intrigued him.

Speaking of the devil. Mark was waiting in front of his classroom when he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

"Hey there redhead, already finished your last chapter" Jinyoung said as he halted in front of him. Yes Mark liked to read, actually enjoyed a good book, one of the reasons for Jinyoung's teasing.

Mark decided to not respond.

"Lost our tong have we" Jinyoung sneered. Just at that moment the teacher arrived at the classroom and Jinyoung shifted his attention away from him.

His morning was spent with various classes and tons of paper balls and pens or pencils being thrown at him. He had gotten used to it by now. During lunch he collapsed on the table and burried his face in his arms.

"Was it that bad" Jackson laughed while sitting down next to him. Mark looked up and his eyes met Jinyoung's on another table. Jinyoung winked at him and he quickly turned his head away. Mark groaned again.

"I'll take that as a yes" Jackson said and he started eating.

After lessons had finally finished he decided to go to the library to study. He seated himself at a table and grabbed his physics books. He looked up towards the doors of the library just in time to see Jinyoung come in. He cursed internally but decided not to pay attention to him.

When he had finally finished he was the last one left in the library. He decided to quickly look for another book to read and went to one of his favourite sections of the library. He let his eyes scan over all the books. Finally he saw one that seemed interesting.

He took the book out and almost dropped it. Through the hole the book had created in he case he could see Jinyoung sitting on one of the library's chairs and reading a book. It wasn't a school book or anything related to studying. Jinyoung was actually reading a book.

The first thing that popped into Mark's head was to take a picture of him and spread it out everywhere. He took that thought back immediately. He wasn't like that and he could respect that Jinyoung didn't want people to know that he enjoyed reading. Still he couldn't respect that Jinyoung of all people had to for his love for books.

He decided to not say or do anything and he just silently left the library.

The next morning he saw Jinyoung coming up to him again.

"Hey bookworm finished any books yesterday" Jinyoung threw at him.

"I don't know, did you?" He remarked. Jinyoung looked at him stunned. Mark had never responded to Jinyoung's teasing.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he sneered at him and stalked off. Mark sighed.

"Of course not" he mumbled. Maybe, just maybe Jinyoung wasn't as bad as he may seem to be. Mark smiled to himself. Jinyoung was actually kind of cute like this.

That day the teasing vanished. Mark knew he should be feeling relieved Jinyoung had finally let him be, but he was kind of sad because of the lack of attention. He realized he actually quite liked Jinyoung's teasing sometimes.

He sat down at a table in the cafeteria and again dropped his head in his arms and groaned.

"Man it can't be that terrible" Jackson said now a little annoyed over his friend's exaggerated behaviour.

"He didn't even do anything today Jacks" Mark groaned out.

"Then what's the problem" Jackson said now confused.

"I don't know, it feels so wrong" Mark said lifting his head and taking a bite of his food.

"You enjoy his teasing" Jackson asked. Then his face broke into a wide smile and Mark knew it meant trouble "you like him" Jackson yelled.

"No I don't, tone it down a little" Mark said looking around if anyone had heard. He saw Jinyoung staring at them, a hurt look on his face.

"Whatever you say" Jackson said still smiling like an idiot and they continued eating.

That day he entered the library again. He immediately went to he spot he had seen Jinyoung in yesterday. He was there again. 

Mark took a seat at a table close to Jinyoung and stayed there for the entire evening studying and occasionally shooting glances at Jinyoung. He had no clue why he had sat himself this close to him, but now that he was he couldn't keep his eyes off Jinyoung.

His mind kept wondering off to Jinyoung. Okay maybe he did like the younger. So what, it didn't matter anyway, the younger despised him. He shot another glance at Jinyoung and saw the younger look back at him. Then he did something he never thought he would do, he smiled at Jinyoung. 

He saw Jinyoung looking confused but then he smiled back brightly. Mark's breath hitched, he had never seen Jinyoung genuinely smile and he was truly gorgeous when he did. Mark silently decided he had to make Jinyoung smile more often. The younger got up from his seat and plopped down at Mark's table.

"I swear of you tell anyone about this I will kill you" he said while opening his book where he had left off.

"Hello to you too" Mark said chuckling at Jinyoung's failed tough attitude. Jinyoung looked up from his book and chuckled a little too. Mark and Jinyoung read and studied in silence. Mark wasn't used to Jinyoung being like this, but he definately wanted to get used to it. He felt calm and at peace around Jinyoung, like they had always been best friends.

The fact that Jinyoung had come to sit with him indicated that Jinyoung at least felt a little comfortable around Mark too and it made him a little happy to know the younger wasn't what everyone thought he was.

When he was finally done he slammed his books closed and started packing them. He saw Jinyoung had stopped reading to look at him. He didn't say anything and just got up and left. Jinyoung had come to sit with him, but that didn't mean all of a sudden they were friends.

"Hey" he heard Jinyoung yell, which was a stupid thing to do as they were in a library. He stopped and heard footsteps coming towards him. 

"Here, read it" Jinyoung said while pressing the book he had just been reading in Mark's hands and left. Mark stood frozen. He looked at the book. He didn't recognize it, but the author looked familiar to him. He smiled a little. Jinyoung was one heck of a complicated person.

The next day he saw Jinyoung walking up to him again.

"How's it going nerd" he sneered and Mark looked at him stunned. It was one thing to act nice to him, but then the next day act like a total jerk again. He actually found the fact that the person with perfect grades called him a nerd quite funny. He decided to not say anything.

During class he felt some paper balls hit his head again. He almost groaned, he was completely done with Jinyoung. He turned around to the person sitting behind him. Park ing Jinyoung.

"For God's sake can you stop" he said to him quite loudly.

"Is there something wrong boys that needs you to disturb my class" the teacher sneered at them.

"He was throwing paper balls at me" Jinyoung said with an angelic smile. Mark noticed he had put paper balls all around him to make it look like Mark had thrown the balls.

"No I wasn't" Mark said.

"I don't care who was doing what, detention for the both of you. I'll see you today after classes" she said and returned back to her lesson. 

Great. Detention. With Jinyoung. He smiled a little as they had both gotten detention and not just him but then groaned at the thought of detention with Jinyoung.

At lunch he didn't even groan anymore. He just burried his face in his arms and even ignored Jackson's shouts of his name.

"What happened this time" his friend said sounding like he was completely done with Mark. 

"Detention. With Jinyoung" Mark mumbled. He heard Jackson burst out in laughter.

"Man that's terrible, let me guess you finally said something back" Jackson said trying to contain his laughter. Mark just groaned. Jinyoung was the reason behind a lot of his groans lately.

After class he went to the classroom of the teacher that had given them detention. Jinyoung, to his suprise, was already there. He dropped himself on a chair and grabbed his phone to pass the time.

"Ah I see you're both here" the teacher said. "Alright you are to stay here for one and a half hour. I don't care how you pass your time, you are not leaving." She said looking at them sternly "I do not tolerate your behaviour in my class and do not want to see it again" she finished and left again.

Mark sighed.

"If you plan to ditch, I'll just inform you I'm not coming with you" Mark told Jinyoung, not even looking at him.

"I'm not ditching" Jinyoung said like it was obvious. Mark turned around to look at him.

"Wow the famous bad boy Park Jinyoung is not ditching detention, I'm impressed" he said sarcastically. He really didn't know how to act towards Jinyoung anymore. 

He liked him, a lot, but Jinyoung confused him so terribly much. One moment he was being nice, and the other he was being a complete jerk. Leading to Mark liking him a little too much at one moment, and hating him a little too much the other moment. Sometimes he wondered how the line between love and hate could be so freaking thin.

"I'm not that terrible. Do you have to hate me this much" he just heard Jinyoung whisper. He almost sounded sad. See again he was making Mark confused, basically the only thing he could make Mark.

"Look I don't hate you" Mark admitted.

"You do sure sound like it" Jinyoung remarked.

"Well you do sure make it like it" Mark shot back. Jinyoung at least had to be smart enough to realize that being mean to someone didn't make them like you.

"How else was I going to get your attention" Jinyoung spit out.

"That's called starting a conversation Jinyoung" Mark said. He realized he had just used the younger's name, something he never really did, already forgetting the deeper meaning behind what Jinyoung had said.

"Well I'm sorry for not being someone who just 'starts a conversation'" Jinyoung remarked. Mark looked at him. He realized Jinyoung was probably a really shy person. The bad boy attitude was a way for him to protect himself. A way to fit in.

Mark got up from his seat and sat next to Jinyoung.

"Hi I'm Mark Tuan, nice to meet you" he said sticking out his hand. Jinyoung looked at him shocked. Then he slowly grabbed Mark's hand. 

"I'm park Jinyoung, nice meeting you too" he said softly. Even when Jinyoung had let go of his hand he could still feel the younger's fingers imprinted on his hand. Jinyoung looked up and smiled shyly. He looked like a completely different person to Mark. Mark smiled back.

"That wasn't that hard, was it" Mark said.

"You have no idea" Jinyoung said smiling at him. Mark liked this version of Jinyoung, the real version of Jinyoung.

"Did you read the book I gave you" he asked eagerly. Mark chuckled.

"Yes I did. I loved it, it was amazing" Mark admitted. Jinyoung smiled again and Mark swore if Jinyoung smiled at him like that once more he would explode.

The next morning he was prepared.

"Morning nerd" Jinyoung sneered at him like always, but missing a little of his usual hatred. It sounded more like actual friendly teasing now.

"Morning mister Park, pleasure to see you as always" Mark said smiling. Jinyoung smiled back. He could feel the eyes of the whole class on them looking at them in shock. How on earth had the two biggest enemies off their class gotten like this.

At lunch Mark didn't drop his head on his arms. When Jackson sat down he looked at him in suprise.

"No Jinyoung today" he asked. Mark looked to the table Jinyoung was sitting at and he saw Jinyoung wink again only this time he didn't find it gross but actually quite attractive.

"You could say that yes" Mark simply replied.

He was sitting in the library to study when he felt someone join him at his table. He looked up to see Jinyoung. He saw him grab his English book, and without saying anything he started doing his homework.

When Mark thought about it Jinyoung actually didn't have a lot of friends. He always acted tough and cool but in the end people only admired him from afar, respected him and feared him. Maybe it was Jinyoung's way to not get involved with too many people. Jinyoung was smart as heck so it made sense to Mark that he would do such a thing.

This kept on going for weeks. At school Jinyoung would tease Mark and act all tough and after school Jinyoung would just be Jinyoung. 

Mark found out that Jinyoung was really kind 
and shy and caring. He liked Jinyoung the way he was but he had originally fallen for him even before he had gotten to know him better. He did like Jinyoung a lot better now that they could actually have a proper conversation.

They were hanging out at the park. Mark was casually skating around while Jinyoung was reading a book. Another thing they had in common was their love for books. Jinyoung could get pretty passionate about them and Mark always thought it was hilarious.

"Hey Nyoung" he said halting in front of him and sitting down.

"I never actually asked, but why did you want to get my attention" he asked looking at Jinyoung. He had always wondered but never remembered to ask again.

"What" Jinyoung said, but Mark could hear that he knew exactly what he was talking about.

"When you said you acted like you did to get my attention, why did you even want to get my attention in the first place" he said. He was teasing Jinyoung but at the same moment he genuinely wanted to know.

"Oh that was nothing, just a little teasing" Jinyoung said avoiding the question. Mark could see Jinyoung's ears turning red. Mark chuckled, Jinyoung wasn't as tough as he seemed at all and he loved it. He loved that Jinyoung wasn't afraid to be himself around Mark anymore.

"Oh come on, you can tell me now" he said while pushing Jinyoung's arm playfully. Jinyoung closed his book and sighed.

"Because" he paused and looked straight at Mark "I like you" he said. 

"You what" Mark said in shock. He had not expected Jinyoung to say anything remotely in that direction.

"I teased you because I like you. I was too shy to get to know you so I figured I could get your  attention by teasing you." He finished. Mark admired Jinyoung's bravery. It was at times like this that Jinyoung had the confidence of an actual bad boy.

Mark started laughing.

"That is the stupidest thing you could do" Mark said. "I like you better when you're just being yourself" he finished.

"So you didn't fall for the bad boy" Jinyoung asked with a smile, but Mark could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"No. I fell for Park Jinyoung" he said and leaned in a little closer. Jinyoung's eyes went big and Mark chuckled at his cute expression. He waited for Jinyoung to close the gap. He wasn't going to make this step, he wanted to test Jinyoung's bravery.

Jinyoung hesitated a little and then closed the gap between the two of them in a passionate kiss. Maybe Mark had made a mistake to test his bravery, Jinyoung could be confident as .

The next day at lunch Mark dropped his head on his arms and stared into nowhere a dreamy look on his face. 

"Don't tell me it was Park Jinyoung again" Jackson flat out groaned.

"Yeah it was Park Jinyoung" he heard a new voice say. Jinyoung dropped himself in a seat next to Mark and grabbed his hand. Mark immediately intertwined their fingers.

"What the " Jackson yelled and almost dropped his food. Mark and Jinyoung  both bursted out laughing.