Final

Reach For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- << A/N: these refer to the start of a flashback or an end.

 

------------

 

Wendy sat as she stared at Irene, from the front of the aisle - she was beautiful, yet she wasn't even wearing her dress yet.

 

The dress rehearsal had just finished, with the vows kept hidden, as both had personalized them instead of sticking with the, 'I, blah blah'.

 

She watched Irene smile at the bridesmaids, after explaining to them what she wanted them to do for tomorrow - Irene was always like this, always needed for things to be done her way. Wendy didn't mind. She didn't mind anything about Irene.

 

Everything needed to go right and as planned tomorrow - Wendy wouldn't allow it in any other way. It had to be perfect.

 

Whilst seemingly entranced for just a few seconds, she didn't notice the said girl walking up to her until she waved her small hand in front.

 

"Shall we go now?" Irene smiled, the excitement for tomorrow seeping through her eyes.

 

Wendy smiled back, allowing Irene to hook arms with her and they bid their goodbyes to the bridesmaids still there. The evening sky had been at show, as the dress rehearsal took place outside just like how the real thing would be.

 

"I'm meeting up with Hansol later, but before that I'll obviously drop you at Seulgi's," Wendy stated as she buckled her seatbelt, and Irene did the same.

 

"Why are you?"

 

"He's nervous about the speech, it's quite funny."

 

"Leave him alone, okay?" Irene chuckled slightly, knowing how the boy would get anxious at everything, with no reason whatsoever.

 

"It's like one of the few things I can about, so nope, not until he learns not to keep calling me 'Gnome'."

 

They sat in a comfortable silence, for a few moments.

 

"So everything's prepped for tomorrow now."

 

From the shops outside the window, Irene turned to face Wendy. She gripped the side of the car door.

 

"Yeah, everything should be."

 

"I won't let anything ruin the day."

 

Wendy faced forwards and focused on driving, maneuvering the car smoothly through the city. The city lights were bright, as always, reflecting off the windows of the few shops that were still open at 22:47.

 

There was no one else on the streets, no cars at all on the roads, making it a lot comfortable for Wendy to drive. She checked the rearview mirror, and caught Irene dozing off.

 

A small giggle rose up, but she forced it back down as she did not want to wake the girl - she had been up and stressing most of the time, so she couldn't blame her for feeling exhausted. Wendy wanted to help, but Irene always stopped her from doing so, reciting the same line: 'You can't decorate to save your life.'

 

And because of this, they had called in a wedding planner to lift off some of the pressure, however with Irene being Irene, the wedding planner actually got off with only a small load of work to do for the same price.

 

They had not filled Irene in with how the reception would be set out, they forced her out of the discussion and managed to convince her to just stay put, as it would be a surprise. Of course, Wendy was in on it - why wouldn't she be when it was for the person she loved?

 

-

 

"Bye, mother. Be well," She spoke, then placed the phone on the table.

 

Wendy laid on the soft mattress of the latter's bed, looking up at the ceiling, where a clean mirror stared back - girl with a more petite frame, straddling her.

 

The windows were opened but the blinds were down, making the room a tad bit darker. Black wardrobes ran along the white wall, next to them was a huge photo frame, with the couple's pictures.

 

The first photo was of the two in front of the grape vineyard Wendy's father owned, the other was of them sharing a cute peck, behind a green bush which hid most of their body, as both were really short. The third and fourth were individual pictures and had been taken by the other one - both revealing their happiness in the photos. You could clearly tell whom the professional photographer was, as the focus was actually on the girl and not on the background.

 

There was a white shiny desk, accompanied by a white computer chair - two cameras and a Mac occupying the surface.

 

Against the left wall was a black bookshelf, stretching out until the actual door. Books of many different genres were stacked upon, all in alphabetical order, except for one or two and Wendy knew she would get her head bitten of by Irene because of this.

 

The room had been refurbished and redecorated by Irene after the party which Yeri decided to throw when Wendy and Irene flew back to Seoul.

 

The horror was evident in their faces, when they were welcomed home to the destruction of Wendy's favorite guitar, signed by her favorite teacher whom was long gone and to the flower vase shattered on the floor - Irene's treasured vase.

 

Yeri had to work overtime to repay the two, she often cussed when the pay she had gotten didn't reach to her debt because Wendy's guitar was simply just too expensive.

 

The newest addition was this mirror, placed on the ceiling above the bed. It wasn't Irene's idea, it was Wendy's; she had practically begged for it because Irene just wouldn't let her help with the house as she possessed the inability to decorate.

 

"Don't you find it awkward just casually seeing yourself first thing in the morning?" Irene asked, whilst hooking and unhooking her fingers with the maroon-haired girl.

 

"Nope, not when you have a face like this," She flashed a cheeky grin at her girlfriend.

 

After earning a small punch from the other, Wendy yelped. She rubbed on the spot before pouting, "Hey, you know it's true."

 

​​​​​​"Do I really?"

 

"Erm excuse me," Wendy snatched her hands away from Irene, and flipped their positions within a second.

 

Irene let out a loud giggle, as Wendy proceeded to tickle her.

 

"Stop!" Irene managed to say, between her laughs and the gasps for air.

 

"Come on, just admit it."

 

She continued with her actions, Irene wriggling under her with huge smiles planted on both of their faces.

 

"Admit it, I'm good looking."

 

Having one more chance to stop her, Irene raised her leg, kneeing Wendy on her , not too hard to inflict pain, but enough to halt the girl from carrying in with the touches along her sides.

 

​​​​​​And with that, Wendy stared at Irene, before the brunette leaned in to give the girl a kiss.

 

"Mmmm," Wendy muttered against her lips, loosening the grip she had on her waist, and intertwined her fingers with Irene's and pinned them to both sides of her head, on the black pillow she rested on.

 

Her hand slipped up the light blue shirt that was way too big for Irene, caressing the soft warm skin underneath. Gradually, she raised her hand until it reached the strap of the girl's bra.

 

"Wendy."

 

She responded with a hum, but is actually just trying to ignore her.

 

"Wendy."

 

The said girl shook her hand, still kissing Irene. She unhooked it, and pulled the straps of, dragging it down Irene's arms.

 

​​​​​"Aren't you tired?" Irene spoke out, trying to prevent herself from at this moment as this time Wendy moved to kissing her neck.

 

"Nope, I can never be tired of you."

 

​​​​Wendy backed up, and sat up, pulling the edge of her shirt up and over her head.

 

"I'll stop if you tell me to," and with that, she dove right back into her neck, on the spot just above her right clavicle.

 

Seeing Irene close her eyes with opened, she smiled and went on with her hands. It traveled down, her right hand taking the lead as she felt the rim of the brunette's underwear.

 

Suddenly, the door opened, slamming into the walls and managed to knock some of the books off of the shelves.

 

​​​"WHEY UP BABIES."

 

Joy's body stood by the door, horrified at the scene she had just walked into.

 

"Seriously?!" She shook her head, and walked out of the room, completely aware of the awkward tension.

 

-

 

"Irene, we're here," Wendy said, gently shaking the girl to wake up from the deep slumber she fell into.

 

Knowing that it would take longer to try and wake her, she got off the car and walked to the other side. She unbuckled the seatbelt, then proceeded to slip her arm under the girl's legs, and her other placed securely on her back.

 

​​​​​When Seulgi finally opens the door, she gives Wendy a questionable look before letting her in. Probably wondering why Irene was literally dead as a log in her arms and why they had been together this late when the wedding was tomorrow.

 

​​​​She slowly placed the girl on the bed that Seulgi had offered and pulled the duvet covers over her. Seulgi had left them and stayed on the couch in the living room.

 

Wendy stared at the sleeping girl, watching her chest rise then sink, taking her precious breaths. Her hand brushing the few strands of hair off of her face and to the side of her head.

 

"Gosh, you don't know how much I love you," She rested her forehead against Irene's, matching the rhythm of the girl's breaths.

 

​​​They, or maybe just her, stayed in that position for a good one minute, until she realized that she still had to meet Hansol.

 

​​​​​As she closed the door, she saw Seulgi looking at her.

 

"Where's Yeri?"

 

"She's asleep, a little exhausted after all the planning with the reception."

 

"I can't blame her."

 

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?"

 

Wendy sighed, stretching to try to relieve the tension she felt around her shoulders and her arms.

 

"Why wouldn't I be?"​​​​​​

 

"You'll be fine," Seulgi responded, "don't worry."

 

"Hopefully."

 

-

 

"Irene, just a little bit lower," She groaned against the pillow, as Irene followed her instructions.

 

The girl was straddling her, with her back exposed. She had the palm of her hands on Wendy's shoulder blades, pushing ever so slightly into her skin.

 

"Why are you even hurting? Are cameras that heavy?"

 

Wendy shook her head, then lifted it up to speak, "They're not but Minkyung decided to faint right there on the spot, so I had to carry her to the goddamn makeup room. God forbid me from doing it again."

 

"Why was it you who had to carry her?"

 

"Because if it was Seungcheol, we all know Minkyung would have a field day - plus at circumstances like that, you simply just don't go 'Oh, he'll pick her up' or 'She will do it'."

 

Suddenly. a yelp came out from Wendy's mouth, as a result from Irene digging her back in too much.

 

"Oh sorry," the sarcasm was so obvious, "does it hurt?"

 

Wendy shifted her body, nearly knocking the girl off - she had turned her body towards the older.

 

"Are you really jealous now?"

 

"No."

 

"Yes, you are."

 

"No, I'm not."

 

"You sure are."

 

The baby-faced stared down at Wendy with a pout, eliciting a small chuckle from her, underneath.

 

"It's Minkyung, there's nothing there."

 

"She's everything but me."

 

"Exactly my point as to why I don't like her," Wendy sat up, with her hands at both sides of Irene's head, leaning in to plant a kiss, "I don't want everything, I want you."

 

"But-"

 

"Hey, I don't say anything about you and Dean because I know there isn't anything there, okay? So have some faith in me when I say that you're the only one that I want."

 

"Okay."

 

"I love you, baby."

 

"Now, always and forever?"

 

"Now, always and forever," She repeated.

 

-

 

Seulgi had gone back to her room, probably to sleep, leaving Wendy on the couch, pondering. She looked at her reflection in the T.V that hung on the cream wall in front of her. Only the ticks and tocks from the clock could be heard, and also her deep breathes.

 

It had already been an hour since she dropped by at Seulgi's and Yeri's. She texted Hansol that she would be a little late, and the boy had replied with a frustrated text but it was going to make Wendy turn up earlier. He was lucky that Wendy was even still going to turn up, as she herself had to go to sleep, so that she could wake up early for the big day.

 

After another ten minutes of just casually sitting in the living room, she got up and donned her clothes to make it a little more presentable. Before she could even open the front door, a pair of arms had s their way around her waist, and the person rested their head against Wendy's back.

 

"Come on now."

 

Without making the other girl let go, Wendy turned her body and wrapped her arms around the slightly taller girl's neck, with her right hand resting on the back of her head.

 

"I have to go."

 

"I'll miss you," her delicate voice filled Wendy's ears, it was highkey sounding like a sweet melody that she wanted to play over and over again.

 

"I miss you now, but we'll see each other tomorrow, okay?'

 

Wendy gave her a smiled, cupping her head with both of her hands.

 

'Don't worry about your mother, I have already checked up on her, okay?'

 

They stared at each other before she leaned in, locking their lips. After having stood in front of the door giving Irene small kisses, she pulled away and signaled for her to go back into the room and to sleep so that she could be as excited as she was a few hours ago without feeling tired.

 

"Now, always and forever."

 

-

 

"Go away."

 

Seulgi glared at the girl in front of her door, frustrated and angry at the fact that the only time Yeri had allowed her to touch her in three months, she was interrupted and now Yeri wasn't in the mood.

 

"Don't be so rude to your best friend."

 

"Shut up," Seulgi was about to slam the door but Wendy was faster as she made her way in, making herself comfortable by placing her jacket on the counter.

 

"What are you even doing here?"

 

"Can't I visit?"

 

"No, you can't."

 

Wendy squinted at her best friend, finally figuring out why Seulgi was so grumpy at her.

 

"Oops."

 

Seulgi clenched her teeth, pouncing on Wendy, about to give her a life lesson to not come and disturb Seulgi's golden time with her girlfriend.

 

"Seulgi, what the ?"

 

She tackled her to the floor, "Don't come in here before texting me! It was my only time with Yer-"

 

"I'm proposing to Irene."

 

-

 

Morning came, and Wendy opened her eyes slowly, letting time for her vision to go from blurry to normal. She covered her ears with her hands, trying to block the sound of her ringtone - but stopped, knowing that she might as well pick it up because that person would keep up with the action.

 

"YOU'RE LATE!" Wendy heard Yeri voice from afar, knowing fully well that she was stressing herself out to the max, "You heard that, right?"

 

Seulgi hung up the phone, not giving Wendy the chance to even 'explain' herself as to why she was late to the wedding. She turned to the guy on the edge of the bed, then raised her feet to kick him.

 

"Get up, we have to go now."

 

"Gnome, shh."

 

"Come on."

 

He turned around with a whining face and buried his head into the pillow, "I'm excited and all but can't it wait for like five more minutes?"

 

"It's the goddamn wedding, wake up you fool."

 

"Alright!"

 

"You're lucky I even let you sleep in my bed."

 

"Where else was I supposed to sleep?"

 

"Just because the wedding was coming, it doesn't mean you can just casually take the place next to me."

 

"Don't blame me, Gnome," Hansol grinned, "your bed just provides another level of comfort."

 

-

 

After Yeri came in to see her girl on top of Wendy, she immediately knew that Seulgi had been so frustrated and had decided to take it out on Wendy. The girl walked over to the two, just in time to hear Wendy drop the bomb.

 

"I'm proposing to Irene."

 

Next thing you know, a ringing sound pops in Seulgi's and Wendy's ears, as Yeri let out a scream.

 

"Yerm, what the hell?"

 

"Seulgi, shut it," Yeri pushed the latter off and pulled Wendy up. She embraced the girl tightly, wrapping her legs around her tiny waist. For support, Wendy automatically grabbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter