Chapter 8

Missing Princess // A YOONGI FANFIC

IN SILLA

(ISEUL'S P.O.V)

Today, the palace was in chaos since Kihyun will be returning with the Crown Prince of Baekje. The court ladies also helped me to look more presentable today. When I was dressed and ready to go, I walked out of my room to look for Yoongi or Jihoon. In these past two days after the night view surprise, me and Yoongi got a lot closer.

Also, I have a crush on him. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. He has been so nice and very caring to me, so it just kind of happened that I began liking him. But he probably doesn't like me. He is just taking care of me until I can leave here. I should be able to accept that now.

I heard voices coming from the throne room. It was Yoongi, Kihyun, Jihoon, Jimin and one unknown but really familiar voice. I didn't want to seem rude so I stayed outside the room for a bit, unsure if I could enter or not. 

I was about to knock when the door opened. I saw Jimin standing in front of me. He smiled at me, his eyes forming crescents.

"Oh, good, you are here. I was about to come looking for you. Come in," he told me, moving aside to let me in. I nodded and hesitantly stepped into the room. Once I did do, I felt all eyes on me. I was looking down whilst walking. I stood next to Yoongi and then turned towards the direction he was looking in. As soon as I lifted my head up, my eyes widened. The Crown Prince had an equally surprised look on his face.

He was the guy from my dream. I was sure of it.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at Yoongi.

"Iseul," he said, smiling, "This is the Crown Prince from Baekje. Hoseok, this is the girl we found who was kidnapped. She is currently going by Iseul, though we're still not sure if that's her real name or not."

The Crown prince slowly nodded. "It's her, Kihyun," he whispered, but his voice was loud enough for everyone to hear him. "It's really her. I should know. She is my twin, after all."

Wait. Her as in me? I am his twin? His sibling?

"I apologize for such a question but do you have a younger brother named Jungkook?" I asked him politely. He nodded in response.

"Did you─" my voice got caught in my throat as tears welled up in my eyes, "Did you ever play hide and seek with a girl named Iseul? AAnd she climbed in a tree and fell out?"

The Crown Prince gazed at me with glassy eyes as he nodded once again.

"Iseul you are the missing princess from Baekje," Jimin said. I stared him, then I turned to the Crown Prince.

"I am?" I asked the Crown Prince.

"You are," he answered, his voice cracking, "I missed you so much and I worried about you a lot." 

Tears began to stream down his cheeks and for some strange reason, I hugged him. As he returned the embrace, I felt a sharp pain in my head. I scrunched my face up as memories flash behind my eyes.  

When we broke the hug, I looked at everyone in the room. I was now crying as well.

"I remember," I whispered and they all gave me a perplexed look."I remember everything. Who I am, where I came from. . ." 

As they all smiled at me happily, Yoongi said, "Hoseok, how about you and Iseul go catch up? We can continue our talk later on."

The Crown Prince and I nodded before we excused ourselves.

After I had led him to the garden, we sat down and hugged each other once more. 

"Do you know how happy I am?" he asked and I nodded.

"They took great care of me, especially the King," I told him. He chuckled, making me furrow my brows in confusion.

"Can it be. . . is my little sister in love?"

I shyly smiled as I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I looked away as if I was paying attention to the view. "Oh, look at that pretty cloud."

"Don't try changing the subject, Iseul," Hoseok snapped, but there was playfulness in his tone. 

"Changing the subject? Where? I didn't change any subject." 

"There you go again, changing the subject," he groaned. I shook my head and stood up.

"I would never. . . Now, catch me if you can," I stuck out my tongue at him and ran off. I heard him yell at me in anger and chase after me.

I looked back and saw him running, trying catch me. I laughed as I turned my head around, seeing a tree nearby. I ran and hid behind it. He was looking around to find me.

Finally, I stepped out from behind the tree and shouted, "Oh look, there I go again!"

I ran in the direction of the throne room and sat down. He followed my actions when he finally arrived and said, "I see you are still you after these few days." 

"I went missing. It's not like i changed souls, Hoseok," I laughed, "Now let's go to join the others."

He stepped closed to me and whispered, "Oh, you just want to see Yoongi. That's what this is about."

I was sure that my face had gone completely red after my brother's teasing statement but I shook my head anyway. "No, it's not. Don't let your mind go on wild goose chases, it's not healthy. Now come on, let's go."

I got up and pulled him up to his feet.

He chuckled, "Sure, whatever you say, Iseul. . . Just so you know, I don't believe you."

He ran past me and entered the throne room. I shook my head as I trailed behind him.

"And they say I am the childish and mischievous one. Have they met this boy yet?" I thought to myself.

 

After dinner, Hoseok and I were talking again when he suddenly got serious. "Iseul, you do know I am leaving tomorrow night, right? I have to bring you back with me."

I suddenly felt like my heart was ripped apart at his words, but I still nodded.

"I know... I will really miss this place though," I told him, sadness lacing my voice. 

"You can always come visit them," Hoseok said.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. . ."

But I didn't want to come visit. I want to stay here but I can't tell you that, Hoseok. I can't tell anybody.