HIM

Crimson Threads
Please log in to read the full chapter

II

The only thing that mattered was status, all that mattered was money, being powerful and capable, having connections all over the world, not your face, not your body, Much less your gender, Lee Seunghyun in the end, after 18 years of his life, had been able to understood it, while he looked in the mirror and finished fitting his white suit that would accompany him during his marriage ceremony, ceremony which would contract nuptials with that almost stranger... And said "almost" because Duke of Drakon, Kwon Jiyong was well known for his power, for his money and his authority. 
 
There was no human being who did not know of his existence, even if it was only by name, so if, Lee Seunghyun, on March 19, 1850, had understood that people's feelings did not matter, not as long as they could please the whims of the rich. 
 
He did not know how it had happened, how he had "charmed" (as many said) to his great reverence, Lee Seunghyun did not know when Kwon Jiyong had first seen him and had decided that it was enough to be with him. He did not need his approval to engage, much less, now, marry him to the great Kwon Jiyong. His family was surely delighted, because it would give them status, power and money, remember, those characteristics that were the only thing that mattered in this world. 
 
Lee Seunghyun or should say Kwon Seunghyun could not do more than resign himself, crying would only make things worse and definitely would not get him out of the circumstances he was in, he might not be rich and powerful, but he was smart enough to know that he did not have escape, so while he walked through the immense cathedral, adorned with white daisies, he smiled accepting his fate, even without looking at anyone in particular and paying no attention to his future husband who was waiting for him now at the altar, Kwon Seunghyun might not be rich, nor powerful, but he was intelligent and running away would cause him inconvenience. 
 
-I accept- He said without blinking, without hesitation, ignoring the pressure on his chest and the sudden nausea that gave him to look at the perfect face of his now husband, with his hair pulle

Please log in to read the full chapter