Treats

Of Ice Cream and Energy Drinks

Of Ice cream and Energy Drinks.

 

Nayoung opened the fridge and furrowed her eyebrows, there is one cup of  Ice cream with post-it and her name on it. She just nods her head, knowing sometime The little ones like to go to convenience store and maybe they bought something for her and sticking post-it on every stuffs in there with their names is already become a habit for them.

Because living together isn’t an easy thing and they also need to respect each other’s privacy .

She took that ice cream and closed the fridge, she walks to the living room and her eyes caught Yebin sitting on the couch with a cup of ice cream on her hand. Nayoung smiled before she took a seat beside Yebin.

“Thanks for the Ice cream.” She said.

Yebin turned her head and look at Nayoung with confused eyes, she just wanted to say something but then she stopped when she saw one of member just walk pass through living room to her respective bedroom.

Yebin sighs and nods her head at the smiling Nayoung.

 

000

 

“I thought we should finished it not in the Dorm. Isn’t that your rules ?”

Sungyeon stopped at her track when she found out Nayoung is busy with something, she peeked through the older girl’s shoulder and she smiled when she know Nayoung is busy with her notes, probably making her own  lyrics.

“We need to finished it really fast, it must be good if I finished right now. So, tomorrow we can discuss it together.” Nayoung answered while smiling and Sungyeon just beamed at her.

Without hesitation she walk towards Nayoung and patted the older girl’s shoulder before she hug her like usual.

“You’ve worked hard, Unnie.” Sungyeon said.

“Thanks.”

Sungyeon let go off Nayoung and opened the fridge, hoping her Apple juice that she brought yesterday still safe in there and she can’t deal with her member antics right now. Not when her head already aching because sat in front of Computer for hours and observing their Songs. She only need her Apple juice, that’s all.

She smiled widely when she found out herApple juice still in there, sealed and safe.

She squints her eyes when she saw an energy drink that Nayoung really like and there’s Nayoung’s name written on it. She look at Nayoung and she just took that thing and give it to Nayoung.

“You might need this now. Your favorite, Unnie.” Sungyeon just placed that drink on the table, right beside Nayoung.

“Huh ? It’s yours ?” Nayoung stares at Sungyeon with confused face.

“No, that’s yours. See, there is Unnie’s name.” The younger girl shook her head and pointed the post-it with Nayoung’s name.

“But-“

Before Nayoung finished her words, Sungyeon already smacked her own forehead and looking at her with her round eyes.

“Ah, right! Maybe Eunwoo unnie give it to you ? She told me she went to convenience store after Practice ended.” Sungyeon said and she sounds like she really proud that she can remembered it.

“Oh. I’ll thank her later.”

 

000

 

“Kyungwon-ah, thanks for the Ice cream.”

Kyungwon widened her eyes and surprised at Nayoung’s words, she almost choked on her Ramyeon and Nayoung stares at her with concerned look.

“I’m not buying you an Ice cream….” She confessed and Nayoung hissed trying to remember that she is right about Kyungwon went to Convenience store 3 hours ago.

“Huh, I thought you just went to Convenience store with Kyla ?”

“Yes, but I didn’t buy you an ice cream. I just bought 2 ramyeon and Kyla bought sandwich.” Explain the younger girl, Nayoung shook her head and stares at the ice cream on her hand.

“It’s weird.” She mumbles.

“Why ?”

“There is my name in it, so it must be mine right ? We don’t have two Nayoung in this house.”

Kyungwon just stay silent, listened to Nayoung’s words and it sounds strange. She took a glance at the older girl to make a sure her Leader is not in drunk state. She tried to think or remember something, for the sake a confused Nayoung.

“Ah! Maybe… someone give it to you as an Apology ? Did someone pissed you off today ?” She claps her hand and Nayoung turn her head at her.

“No….”

“Did someone made a mistake today ?” She continued.

“I think… no, no one. We did well today.”

“It’s weird.” Kyungwon sighed and give up.

“See, I told you.”

 

000

 

“Nayoung unnie there is 3 cups of Ice cream and 4 bottles of your favorite energy drinks in the fridge, it’s all yours. “ Siyeon opened the fridge while pointed the ice creams and those energy drink bottles, don’t forget there is post-it on every cups and bottles with Nayoung’s name.

“Anyway our fridge isn’t that big, Unnie. You need to eat them and drink them, that’s kinda took a lot of space.” Eunwoo continuing what Siyeon said, trying to make a fierce look because there is no empty space in the fridge and she couldn’t put her favorite Milk .

“No it’s not mine.” Nayoung casually answered those Questions.

“But there’s your name on it…” Eunwoo furrowed her eyebrows and she took one of ice cream, showing it to Siyeon before she gave it to Nayoung.  She mouthed “Your name.”  at Nayoung.

“I never buy those and I don’t even know who gave it to me. It just, there, always there and always with my name.”

“So… what are you gonna do with those things ?”

“You guys can eat them all, I just need one of energy drink. That’s all.”

 

000

 

“Stop being a little angel.” Yebin watches as the girl almost dropped all her things, she approached her slowly and sighed when she look at her.

“Wh-what do you mean ?”

“Nayoung unnie is getting suspicious, why don’t you just gave it to her right in front of her.” She continued, the girl in front of her just shook her head vigorously and her face turned into pink shade. She chuckles.

“I-I’m…”

“The little ones started complaining about the fridge is getting full with your ice cream and those energy drinks.” Yebin casually helping that girl to put 2 cup of ice cream in the fridge and she closed it right away.

“You’re one of them, right ?”

“Right, because my Mom just gave me a kimchi. I need to keep it in there.” She grins and the other girl just rolled her eyes at her

“And… ?”

“Nayoung unnie just gave them to Eunwoo and Kyungwon.”

“Aish…”

“Tell her.” Is the last thing that Yebin said to that girl, before leaving her alone in the dark kitchen.

 

000

 

Minkyung blink her eyes before she take a sip on her coffee and write down a few things on her note.

She remembered that Sungyeon gave her something and marked it as homework. Sungyeon may be younger than her, but that girl is way more sensitive when it comes about music and Minkyung acknowledge it.

Minkyung bite her lips and closed her eyes for a while.

Feeling a sudden headache attacking her but then she heard a click sounds from one of the door, she turned her head only to see a sleepy Nayoung.

“What are you doing ?” The older girl just casually throw the question at her.

Nayoung  not approaching her. She is just standing there, near the opened door and eyes on her.

“Nothing. Can’t sleep.” She answered and smile at the older girl.

“We have a practice tomorrow morning.” Nayoung closed the door behind her slowly and trying to not make any noise.

“I know, you can continue your sleep.”

Nayoung opened , she feel an urge to say something at Minkyung but then she suddenly walk towards her and Minkyung stares at the older girl, confused.

“What are you doing ?” Nayoung asked again. When she realize Minkyung not answering her she just sighs and glanced at the notes on  Minkyung’s lap. “Lyrics ?”

“Hmm, I need to finished it. For the sake of Bae Sungyeon.” Minkyung chuckles and Nayoung smiled.

“Don’t beat yourself, take a rest and sleep.” The older girl gave Minkyung a little pat on her shoulder.

Minkyung watches as Nayoung turn  her body and ready to leave her alone, not expecting that Nayoung would stopped and called her again.

“But Minkyung…” Nayoung stares at her and looked straight into the notes  in her hand.

“Yes ?”

“Nothing.”

 

000

 

“Thanks for all the Ice cream and those energy drinks.”

Minkyung jumped on her seat when Nayoung suddenly appeared right beside her, she took a glance at the older girl and she noticed the energy drink bottle on her hand. Minkyung mentally  wanted to slap herself.

Her face is red and she is trying hard to stay calm, her mind told her that Nayoung already know. In another side, Minkyung wish Nayoung still being clueless about this whole thing. Her hands are shaking until Nayoung move closer to her and held her hands to make it stop.

“What a-are you saying ?”  She stuttered when she said that, Minkyung sighs.

“Thanks for all the ice creams and energy drinks. I knew it.” Answered Nayoung and she smiles.

“I don’t know what are you talking about, Unnie.”

Nayoung nods her head, she opened the bottle and drinking it without hesitation and pretended that she didn’t hear what Minkyung said.

“Why ?”

“Why ? What ?” Minkyung turned her head and she looking straight at Nayoung’s eyes.

“Why you did that ?” The older girl asked her again, with the same question.

Minkyung just stay silent and took a deep breath before she started to talk.

“Being a Leader must be hard for you, I can feel it. The burden and all, you need to carry all of them alone. I just want you to be a little bit happy with those treats, Ice cream is sweet and I heard it will reduce your stress. The energy drinks, you like them because it can keep you stay awake when you need finished something.” She explain in one go.

Nayoung widened her eyes and opened in awe, she chuckled after that. “Thanks, I’m happy now.” She said.

“Huh ?”

“I’m happy and it’s because of you.”

And Minkyung swear her face is burning in red right now.

 

.....

 

P/S : Some fluff for the Naminky shipper out there !