Finish

The last battle lost

A cold breeze sent shivers under his silky white blanket , he rolled out of bed ,thought of things he had to finish and to do were to long ‘’I love to breath’’ he sighed and got up.

Every day he felt grateful he can breathe , felt grateful he can walk on blossom covered street’s of Joseon , maiden’s smiling shyly as he walked covering their blushing face’s with hands, he was indeed handsome and rich, he was a man mothers wished their daughter’s would marry.

Baekhyun his dear friend woke him up early today ,placing a Chinese herbal medicine on his desk, the bitter smell really killed the spring felling that was invading his every sense, but as Baekhyun said ‘You can overcome all you’r enemies once you drink Chinese herbal medicine like it’s water,if you smile after bitterness you are a strong man!’ It was indeed a silly thought ,but he still listened, a sulky Baekhyun meant only more ‘wise’ sayings he had to listen to. After putting layers of colorized silk on his body he headed to West side of palace expecting to see a poorly dressed Baekhyun stuffing his mouth with rice and everything that came under his sight and hands.

He wasn’t wrong, there was indeed a Baekhyun eating in hurry like someone was slowly taking food to another side of room so Baekhyun was in a hurry to take as much as possible in his mouth.

‘’Eat slowly’’ Jongdae  said trough little laughs while patting latter’s back, taking a seat across Baekhyun

‘’Op-p cor.--ss’’

‘’Ayii disgusting, leave rice in you’r mouth,Aigoo I lost my appetite’’ Baekhyun laughed but quickly covered his mouth to prevent oh so precious food leaving his already full mouth, after few more strong chews and gulps he exhaled and started to talk in his adorable accent ,.. according to Jongdae .

‘’Hyung-nim,.kk What do you think we make some parties hm? Look—‘’a wooden chopstick with traces of vegetables pointed at Jongdae

‘’Tonight is arriving police head master ,, The great nobel man Mr. Choi’’ He leaned closer to Jongdae  with dirty chopstick almost dropping it on latter’s blue wardarobe made of silk

‘’Hyung-nim! You don’t know,,Attaa You have you’r nose stuck in books,, I’m the only one running this hotel!’’

‘’Baekhyun-ah I give it to you with all my heart’’Jongdae  said in whisper -ish and dramatic voice

‘’If our late Mr. Kim  would hear you—‘’ He wiped invisible tars with sleeve in meantime taking two more bites

‘’He left this beautiful hotel to you Hyung-nim,,Atta… He was a good man’’

‘’Baekhyun-ah my dear friend, stuff you’r face while you can,, soon those vampires will wake up and all energy from our healthy bodies’’

‘’That’s why Hyung-nim ,,, to have energy you have to—‘’ Jongdae  rolled his eyes, already tired from hearing the same bitter sentence

‘’Drink herbal medicine~’’ Jongdae  started to slowly get up when he felt Baekhyun grab his blue cloth with a serious look that didn’t work well with rice around his mouth

‘’Chinese Hyung-nim,…Chinise herbal medicine’’ Jongdae  smiled in disbelief as he stood up and took a paper that was on Baekhyun’s left side

‘’I’m sure a gumiho would die after drinking it every morning like I do’’

‘’Aa right.. Hyung-nim it’s today..’’ Baekhyun looked at Jongdae ’s fallen smile

‘’Whaa so soon already?’’

‘’He comes twice a week, so finish what you have ,, I’m sure he will take all you’r time’’ At that moment Minseok walked in, rubbing his sleepy eyes and yawning still dressed in silky white clothes he slept in.

‘’Who’s taking you’r time?’’ He sat next to Baekhyun taking a mouthful of mixed rice and vegetables and looked at Jongdae

‘’There is a reallllyy strange sir,, well he is more like a boy, he comes twice a week and just seeks for Hyung-nim’s presence, to drink tae or talk—‘’

‘’Ahh frustrating,.. Ya you two since when do employees wake up latter than boss,,?’’ He stuttered clumsily on his words while couple in front of table found happened is eating and ignoring him,,, he sighed walking out of room, little grin decorating his sharp features as he thought how silly they are indeed but it soon turned into a whine when he saw how many things he had to do on paper Baekhyun made,, he was so sure latter took all easy jobs and gave the hard one’s to Jongdae  but not that only,today it looked like there were double than yesterday,,and he had to hurry, when Young master comes it means relaxation from Baekhyun,his nagging and every little responsibility he has.

When Jongdae  left ,Minseok took the other paper that was next to Baekhyun reading it carefully

‘’Is today something special,, you gave so much work to Jongdae  , from twenty jobs you would usually give him four why did you give him ten today?’’

‘’Ahh I have a bad feeling because that Young master keeps coming here,, I don’t want Hyung to meet him,, you’r right I usually give him four easy jobs so he doesn’t feel useless and he really like’s to keep company to his books’’

‘’I know ,, I’m not stupid’’ Baekhyun looked at him with a blank look ,speaking with mouth full of food again

‘’But you look so,, what to do Hyung-nim?’’

‘’Yah! You brat!’’ Minseok took a handful of chopped fish and pushed it in Baekhyun’s mouth

‘’You’r smarter when you don’t speak,, I’m leaving, Jongdae  told me to prepare a party because head master of police will be coming,Ahh I really have some work today’’ Baekhyun looked at leaving Minseok slowly swallowing every bite he took, his chopsticks when he started to suddenly jump in place ,putting his hands in air… ‘’ It’s gonna be a party! A party!’’ His hands fell down when he felt a sharp pain in his head and a little metal bowl fallen next to his foot.

‘’Ahjumma!’’

‘’Are you eating a elephant or want,, finish it already,, go out,get out’’ she started to hit his bottom with a broom stick, shushing him out of room to do his work

‘’I have to prepare breakfast for guests,, hurry up, you already ate half of kitchen, I have to go get new supplies now”’’

‘’I’ll go Ahjumma’’ He smiled sheepishly at her acting cute with hands around his cheeks

‘’Really? Hurry up then our Baekhyunie,, we have many guest’’ she pushed a big bowl to him before going inside, even after he ate the sweet smell of kitchen and so deliciously made food never left his mind.

He walked lazily to east side of hotel ,where they kept all food , to be on east side meant heaven, but his already full stomach was giving up on him,,, his best friend betrayed him now that he was in heaven, but he had to hurry up as well ,taking vegetables in bowl while drinking rice wine from another one.

While on his dizzy way back he saw a tall male dressed in red silk standing behind a corner of west gate,as he got closer he realized it was indeed young maser,, he didn’t know male’s name,or anything but he didn’t like Jongdae  hanging out with him, everything about shy male was screaming trouble to Baekhyun.He walked closer to said male bowing

‘’You’r earlier than expected Young master, Jongdae  Hyung-nim is little busy,do you mind waiting in his room?’’

‘’I came early because I heard there will be a celebration today,I’m willing to wait, but I would dare and ask you favor to tell Jongdae  that I’m here,I was wanting to leave before the night and celebration starts,I don’t want to be around people’’

‘’I shall hurry and tell him, please wait young maser’’ He started to run,even though he didn’t want to go and find Jongdae , his silly mind was actually hoping he won’t find him but as much as he hoped that much disappointment rushed through his body when he saw Jongdae  talking with Minseok in kitchen, as he neared the kitchen his steps became heavier,without knowing why he had a bad feeling about today.

‘’Hyung-nim—‘’ He whined cutely throwing bowl in hands from a young maiden ‘’That boy is early today here,he wants you to know he arrived ‘’ Baekhyun looked at Jongdae  with puppy eyes but he only got a another hit with a bowl from behind

‘’Yah! So Baekhyun! I told you to bring more carrots,this bowl is full of potatoes and rice wine’’ Minseok and Jongdae  brusted in laughter and Baekhyun just took bowl in frustration heading put again but still hearing Jongdae ’s faint voice from behind

‘’Tell him I’ll be there soon,let him wait in my room’’ He was obviously still laughing with Minseok who surely had better business to do than laugh in kitchen.

After Baekhyun sent of Young master to Jongdae ’s room , brought new vegetables and managed to finish two more jobs kitchen Ahjumma ordered him to Minseok told him to get ready because apparently guest were arriving already and he was quite sure he has to remind Jongdae  to not forget Young master,tranquil warm night started to envelop day but tranquility was not a word to describe the state their hotel is in right now,Minseok was like a fly without head,guests were eating and chating all over place but his mind came to peace when he saw Jongdae  head to his room,peace was there because well it was Jongdae …Jongdae  was peace and heaven to Baekhyun’s eyes, and uneasiness he so wanted to go away.

‘’Yixing-ah’’ when boy in red saw Jongdae  enter room after hours of waiting he jumped from his place ,a smile flashing on his face as he bowed

‘’I’m so sorry ,,I really had too many work today’’

‘’It’s okay Hyung, as long as you came,,,shall we go on terrace?’’

‘’I would love to’’ He smiled to younger boy walking trough a long hall until they came on wooden terrace that had a peach blossoming in front and a sight if full mon whose mirror was a cristal clear lake in front of wooden terrace they took seats around small table,peach blossom were falling as their tea’s bathed under moonlight,boy looked at Jongdae , his skin glistening and eyes shining together with moonlight

‘’Why are you staring like that?’’

‘’I’m just really grateful.. nothing more nor less’’

‘’Grateful for breathing?’’

‘’For moonlight shining over Hyung’s perfect skin,peach blossom and a tranquil lonely lake in a warm night’’ Yeon’s suk looked at him with wide playful eyes ,his eyes disappearing in a wide smile after,petting younger boy’s back

Baekhyun was having a hard time pleasing everyone ,poring drinks and getting food ,he as always pleased his need to sneak out and rest a bit,there was enough staff even without him,he took some food on tray and started to walk ,thinking of a nice,quite place, where he wanted to be now,but thinking better there was one place,walking sneakily trough crowd he stoped when he saw head master of police holding a Gisaeng’s hand and liqueur, man was just standing in place jaw dropped open and after a minute of watching him his liqueur dropped on floor as he walked past shocked Gisaeng and Baekhyun that was slightly behind them

Boy dressed in red silk that fell so perfectly over his young body stood up and walked to Jongdae  sitting beside him

‘’Hm? What is it?’’ His question was answered faster than he thought when Yixing took his broad shoulders and leaned until their lips collided,Yixing’s guilt was tearing his heart apart,but so much he wanted to capture Jongdae ’s plushy lips,so much wanted he to confess him love,but it was wrong,everything about his feelings was, but why did it feel so right doing something so wrong?

Jongdae  didn’t move nor close his eyes,how wrong was it to let boy kiss him?It felt wrong but he didn’t want to move,he wanted to let boy enjoy the moment his eyes were closed,but he teared apart with teary eyes when he heard a loud thud not too far from them,turning around to see if there was someone..

‘’H-hyung-nim…I apologize’’ He sat on his knees in front of Jongdae , clear tears wetting his hands,Jongdae  wanted to tell him it’s alright that it was okay,he looked at boy as a lonely soul in search for a friend ,indeed boy was lonely but saw something more in Jongdae ,he so wished was confusion…

‘’Get up Yixing-ah,,It’s late you should leave…’’ Jongdae  stood up when he for second time felt a tg on his blue clothing,looking down at sobbing boy.

‘’I seek for you’r forgiveness ,,please forgive me Hyung, lowly me doesn’t deserve you’r time but please forgive me Hyung so I can leave or die in peace’’

‘’Yixing-ah just forget and go home’’ he pulled on his clothing leaving sobbing boy on terrace

Jongdae  knew next day was going to be hard and he was prepared for it,he woke up to banging on his door and not to awful bitter smell of Chinese medicine ,he dressed in same blue clothing from silk as yesterday and opened the door to see about twenty guards and head master of police

‘’Kim Jongdae ,son of Kim Sung chil  you are arrested for committing a crime against royal family’’ He didn’t want to resist,he knew this was coming, he knew it was dangerous to have crown prince coming over to see him and he knew head master saw them on terrace the night before,but there was nothing he could do than feel sorry,He wanted to drink more of Baekhyun’s herbal medicine,he wanted to drink more tea’s with Yixing and have a nice chat with Minseok about weather,politics and their future life.

Baekhyun was beyond lost to hear Jongdae  was taken and that he will be executed in front of royal family in two days ,his heart sank in sorrow,there was nothing he could do,his best friends was going to die and only comfort was the tranquil lake that reminded him of Jongdae ,and how much he loved that mirror of moon.

After two days he came to palace with many other people to see final decision of royal family,he was so hoping they would spare his friend ,he so knew the young boy would bring trouble, and so he knew he didn’t and can’t do anything about it now.

Jongdae  was in a wooden chair,his white clothes covered in blood ,in front of him was sitting royal family,guards and police officials next to them, and so familiar boy next to king.How much he hated him measured more than herbal medicine Jongdae  drunk.

Jongdae  was admitting to everything,that he kissed the boy that he made him come there, he was already done with life, Yixing was dying inside trying to defend Jongdae  only to get found innocent no matter how much he admitted he was the one that did everything,Baekhyun was dying slowly as time passed ,in the end he leaved when all the sorrow escaped through tears,not wanting to see him friends die,so even when he dies he can hope he will come back and take the paper in dining room that would be covered with rice ,smile warmly at Baekhyun and read books by lake when he finishes work.

Yixing was on verge on breaking ,the only person that cared for him,the only person he loved and cherished was going to die any second because of him,he started to run,run from his throne next to his father,run from people that just called themselves his family,he came next to Jongdae ’s chair face covered in tears as he sobbed.

‘’Um..Yixing-ah’’ He could sense how tired and exhausted latter was,his face swollen from punches and dirty from dried blood ‘’I once h-heard that if you drink Chinese herbal medicine,you can overcome alllll of you’r enemies,,because when you wear a s-smile after a bitter taste,you’ve become a strong man’’

Jongdae  was coughing blood ,but his eyes still looked at Yixing with so much warmness and love

‘’W-why! Why did you play guilty??..—Now they won’t b-believe me whatever I say Hyung!!’’

‘’Yixing-ah I love breathing,,..but I love you more and remember nothing makes king proud more than winning ,let this be the last battle you lose’’ was the last thing tall boy heard before he was dragged to south side of palace where his room was,he was struggling and screaming,ordering with his royal status,but no one was listening,when after agonizing hour in suffocating room he heard a ‘Dead!’ his world started to fall apart, piece by piece….

Baekhyun had no more tears left,he went straight to Jongdae ’s room and sat in front of his desk,..everything was neat ,smell of old wood mixed with peach blossom invaded his senses,spring just began but he felt like his life ended as well,his tear fell on a paper placed in middle of table,unvraping it with shaky hands he started to read it

‘’~Dear Baekhyunie~’’

If my senses that got stronger because of herbal medicine don’t play me,this letter will be reading a crying Baekhyun,brat don’t cry and forget me, don’t blame Yixing, I knew he was crown prince…I choose to be his friend,make sure to cut down you’r drinking habits! I know you drank a whole gallon of rice wine that was in storage, now that I’m not here, feed Minseok with herbal medicine,I bet in a week he will chase you with a broomstick ,.. And now try to smile after a bitter taste of life ,because right now you’r worst enemy is sorrow,..

Alaways loving you ,you’r Hyung Jongdae ’’