Be My Mommy!

The Case of Babysitting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A stack of papers scattered messily on top of a rusty coffee table in a small kitchen. On top of it, some puff was emerged from a mug of coffee as a sign that it was freshly brew. However, someone didn't realize this as a hand attempted to take a hold of the smoking hot mug.

 

"Goddammit!"

 

Yoo Daebin instantly pried her hand off the innocent Marauder's Map printed mug. She blew air into her left hand, trying to cool it down from her clumsy incident. She felt her skin burn, but it wasn't as hurtful as the writing on top of the papers she was penetrating right now.

 

Bills.

 

House bill, electricity bill, telephone bill, and some other bills she have to pay due this month. She felt like crying. When she decided to move out of her hometown, she didn't think it would be this hard to earn money in Seoul. Her job as a kindergarten teacher was decent, but it clearly wasn't enough to support herself. With her bachelor degree, she could try to apply in one of major companies in Seoul. But, she loved kids and her dream was to teach them; pretty much what she did right now. Should she give up her dream to make ends meet?

 

"God, what should I do?"

 

She threw her face on top of the papers that make her life hell. A thought of going home run through her head. She contemplated on the option, but as a ring of alarm burst into her ears, she knew she couldn't do that.

 

"I have to work. I can't disappoint my parents."

 

With her brand new determination, she walked out of her apartment. Her untouched coffee was transferred to a thermos she always brought to her job. She loved those kids, yet sometimes she needed a bitter drink to cool her head off their cries and angry tantrums.

 

When she appeared in front of the receptionist table, a five year old boy was seen clinging to his father's leg; crying his heart out while shouting, "Don't leave me, Daddy!"

 

Huh? English?

 

Daebin saw a man who looks like to be in his early 30 wearing a black suit. His dark brown hair was slicked back in a professional way, yet she could see just the right amount of them hanging above his temple. It made him look somehow more laid back than his outfit attempted to show.

 

He seemed to be frustrated by the look appeared in his face. His son was practically digging his nails in his father's leg. No sign of letting it go at this time.

 

Giving out her teacher mode, Daebin walked calmly to them. Before the two noticed, she crouched down on her knees and made her and the crying boys' head on the same level.

 

"Hello, may I help you?"

 

Daebin tried her best to speak in English. It has been a long time since the last time she spoke the language. She could say she's pretty good at it than average Korean. Tourist often came to her family's restaurant; hence she could speak English fluently based on what she learned orally for 18 years of her life.

 

Both the kid and his father shifted their gaze to look at her face. The father lifted one of his eyebrows while the son gasped loudly and pointed his finger at her.

 

"You don't speak funny!"

 

Daebin only laugh at the boy's little outburst. She put her hand on top of his head and ruffled his fluffy hair motherly. His hair was the same color as his father with a hint of sunkissed highlight there. It's so pretty. Hell, the boy is pretty.

 

"I can speak funny, too. Which one do you prefer?"

 

He quickly shook his head, a bit too hard if she might say. A pout appeared on his small lips. Now, he's a cute and pretty little boy.

 

"I don't want to. I like you speak like me."

 

Daebin just want to bear hug the cute and pretty kid in front of her. She even thought of kidnapping him (in a joking manner) before she heard someone cleared his throat from above them.

 

The father was looking at her questioningly. She then stood up straight and bowed her head a bit.

 

"Sorry, I don't introduce myself beforehand, Sir. My name is Yoo Daebin. I'm a teacher here."

 

The father nodded his head. He watched her a bit before presumed to speak to his child. He crouched down to see his son eye to eye. When they were in the same level like this, Daebin could see some similarities in between the father and son. Beside their hair, the gaze emitted by both are more than likely similar.

 

"Chenle, Miss Daebin here is your teacher. You will be with her while I'm at work, okay?"

 

The boy who apparently named Chenle looked thoughtfully at his new teacher. Daebin gave a genuine smile at him and patted his head again.

 

"Don't worry about the funny language, okay. I will help you understand it. You will have new friends and we will have fun together there. Sounds fun?"

 

Chenle looked at his father again. His eyes showed some excitement as well as worry. Daebin hoped the excitement were bigger though.

 

"Will we sing in class?"

 

Okay, this is a tricky question. Daebin didn't know whether his new student liked to sing or not. If she said the wrong answer, they would have gone back to the first base. Sensing the teacher confused mind, the father gave some kind of signal to Daebin by nodding his head a bit. Luckily, she understood it well.

 

"Of course, we will. What do you want to sing?"

 

Chenle put out his thinking pose. He looked positively cute with his thumb and index finger under his chin while the other hand settled on his hip. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough time to wait for him to decide one song he wanted to sing. Hence, the father give out one suggestion which he believed Chenle would accept happily.

 

"What about If You Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hand?"

 

True that, Chenle nodded his head excitedly. He then jumped out of his father side to hold his new teacher's hand. His father smirked astonishingly at his son's action. Daebin must say the father looked a bit cute like that. A bit!

 

Snapped out of her thought, Daebin smiled genuinely at Chenle who smiled his toothy grin at her. His son was so much cuter, she thought.

 

"Would you like to say goodbye to your father?

 

Chenle gave her a quick nod before waved his small hand at her father.

 

"Goodbye, Daddy. I will learn the funny language for you."

 

The father laughed at his son behavior. He then kissed the top of his head and ruffled the hair a bit.

 

"I will pick you up later, okay. Be nice to your teacher and friends."

 

"Okay. And you be nice to every adult you meet."

 

Daebin didn't get what the little kid mean. Is his father an evil guy?

 

"I promise. See you!"

 

"I love you, Daddy!"

 

The father said a love-you-too before dismissed Daebin and Chenle to the class. He waited until he couldn't see their backs before walking away to the parking lot. He missed his sons already.

 

 

At 4.30 p.m, a black Audi was seen parked in front of a certain kindergarten building. Chenle's father was run-walking to the waiting area of the school. He was late thirty minutes because of some incompetent works his employee doing. He cursed himself silently while praying for Chenle not to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter