strings of fate

your name

Hwang Eunbi.

 

However, she had always preferred that others call her Sinb. She doesn’t hate her name. It was just the indescribable heavy feeling that always lingered around. She doesn’t remember when it started. All she knows is that it feels like someone is squeezing her heart, causing her to feel breathless and fatigue. After this sudden wave of exhaustion, she would be overcome by a strange longing for someone or something, like her heart was being slowly ripped apart. And tears would to roll down her soft, pale face.

It was dramatic and Sinb despised every single moment of it. However, as she grew older, these occurrences slowly faded away and soon they were only distant memories of her childhood.

 

 

Now Sinb is a 3rd year in high school. She was going to become an adult in a few months.

Six months to be exact.

 

She had done many stupid things, like sneaking out in the middle of the night to hangout with Sowon and Umji (her two best friends). Also, how she altered her report card in hopes of avoiding a three hour long lecture by her parents. She also got into fights with stupid boys that broke her best friend’s heart.

 However, despite all of the shenanigans, she’s glad that both Sowon and Umji are still her friends. She’s shocked that they’re able to handle her mood swings and idiotic self. Heck, she can’t even handle herself.

 But somehow, she always felt like something or someone was missing. Sometimes it felt like she was looking for a hand to hold. Other times, it would be the unbearable loneliness that her soul felt. It was like yearning for rain in a barren desert. It was like waiting for snow on a warm summer night. It was all just a feeling; a fleeting yearning for someone whom she had never met before.

 

Sinb reminisced about these things quite often. She was always daydreaming, thus resulting in multiple whacks on the head by her math teacher. Oh did she mention how much she hated math? She’d rather write four essays in a row than do math.

 

  

 

Ugh, I honestly hate math so much… how can someone enjoy dealing with those ugly numbers and weird equations?!”, Sinb whines as she plops down next to Sowon.

It was around 3 pm and Sinb had promised to study with Sowon (she wouldn’t dare to ditch Sowon or she would be feeling Sowon’s wrath for months).

 

Hey, your math grade wouldn’t be so bad if you actually paid attention in class!”, Sowon chides.

 

Sinb pouts, “Hmph, says the one with straight A’s”.

 

YAAAAHH! I am just like everyone else! I actually pay attention in class and do my work, unlike SOMEONE!”, Sowon angrily retorts. 

 

I’m sorry! I shall study hard and pay attention in class from now on!! Please don’t be mad at me…..”, Sinb mumbles.

 

Good girl. Now let’s take a look at this problem and see what we can do", Sowon happily says. 

 

After three hours of studying, Sinb’s brain was fried. Her arms and legs felt like jello. Her soul was completely out of her body. To top it off, Sowon had prepared an extra set of problems for her to do later when she gets home.

 

Ahhhhhh. If I keep going at the pace, I might really die…..”, Sinb mumbles to herself as she walks home. She was hoping that Sowon would let her rest up. But she thought wrong. Sowon had somehow found out about an upcoming math exam. And of course, she wants Sinb to receive good marks on her exam and there was no other way than to add extra study problems to her already rigorous study schedule. But she was thankful that Sowon was pushing her to be better, especially at something that she had always struggled with. Sowon might be strict when it comes to academics, but she makes it clear that she only wants the best for those she helps.

 

Sinb smiles to herself, “Sowon-unnie is such a pain in the …..

 

But as she was smiling to herself, she didn’t notice the tall, black haired girl that had just passed by her. She didn’t notice the quick glance from the girl. She didn’t know that she had crossed paths, once again, with the person she had been longing for.  

 

And in that moment, it almost seemed like the universe held its breath, hoping that short, brown haired girl would also glance up at the tall, black haired girl.

 

 

Hello, spacemomo here!

I hoped you enjoyed that! Judging by the title, this is going to be a fated meeting between two beautiufl souls longing for each other! ^_^

Please leave any comments or concerns! Lastly, please look forward to more!

*inspired by the anime "Kimi no Na wa"*