Short af

Thunder strikes

Sorry I realized that I had written them both as friends instead.... 

 

 

 

 

"Seulgi." 

 

The said girl awoke from her slumber, hair disheveled, wrapped in her favourite blanket. She glanced at the clock. It was a few minutes past twelve in the morning. 

 

"What is it, Irene?" She yawns, arms thrown upward in the dark. 

 

"Mm."

 

She felt Irene climb onto the bed, forcing her own bolster to her single bed. Seulgi gulped. It's been a long time since Irene and her shared a bed.

 

"Seulgi."

 

"Unnie? Why are you still not asleep yet?" Seulgi spoke groggily.

 

The bed shook slightly with Irene's weight on it. Seulgi rolled her body to face her Unnie, seeing the pained expression she wore. As if on instinct, Seulgi cups Irene's face, hers reflecting a flash of worry. 

 

Strike. Irene squirms. Funny, her bolster was now alone on the floor.

 

The thunderous roar outside their window surprised Seulgi too, but unlike Irene her response was dull. She facepalmed. How did she not realize it was raining outside? Stupid bear. 

 

Irene's face contorted, then opened her eyes weakly, like it plead Seulgi to comfort her. Seulgi swore her eyes weren't lying when Irene's eyes watered, but she quickly wiped it away.

 

"Irene." Seulgi whispered.

 

"I'm so scared." Irene said. 

 

"I'm here. There's nothing to be scared about."

 

Seulgi wrapped her arms around Irene, whispering sweet words to make sure her best friend could relax from the weather. 

 

"Listen to the nature's calling, Juhyun." Seulgi couldn't keep her face from blushing as she spoke those words. 

 

"T-the nature's calling?" Irene seemed flustered too with the mention of her real name without formalities. 

 

"Yes. The sky is speaking to us right now."

 

"Pfft—!" Irene pit a hand over while trying to stop herself from laughing. 

 

Seulgi blinked, then widened her eyes. She was actually half serious when she said that. Did that sound like a joke? Or does she just perceive things differently from other people?

 

Irene pulled Seulgi in when bright light slashed down, what she saw from the shadows. Seulgi held Irene and made sure she would feel safe in her arms.

 

Strike.

 

Irene pounced in a laid down matter. Seulgi saw the pout on her face. She melted, completely. 

 

"Juhyun."  Seulgi smiled at the shivering girl, forcing Irene to look up from her palms. 

 

"Focus on me, then you won't be scared that way."

 

"Kang Seul—" Irene looked at her in disbelief.

 

"Do you trust me?" 

 

Seulgi smiled wider, hoping Irene has her preferred answer in mind. 

 

"I do." Irene looked away, "It's just that..."

 

"The things you say are so weird sometimes."

 

Seulgi gasped, "How dare you insult my kindness." She joked. 

 

Irene's eyes were half lidded, looking sleepy. 

 

"I'm speaking the truth, weirdo." She leaned her face closer, not breaking eye contact with Seulgi. 

 

"Focusing on me will distract you from the thunder, Hyun-ah." The younger girl sighed, rubbing Irene's shoulders in circles. 

 

They both stared at each other, thoughts flying about in their heads. Seulgi wondered why her heart beats' faster, Irene's brain froze from Seulgi's suggestion. 

 

"But I don't want to do that." Irene muttered, but loud enough for Seulgi to hear. Seulgi was taken aback, hurt. 

 

"W-why?"

 

"I'll be scared of something else."

 

"Which is...?"

 

"Not wanting to stop."

 

Seulgi stiffened and held her breath. She thought Irene wanted to insult her but no, she said the unexpected.

 

Don't do this to me Irene.

 

Yet at the most inappropriate minute she caught Irene showcasing a bad habit of hers. Staring at her lips. 

 

Don't make me fall in love you. 

 

"We don't want that to happen, right?" Irene said, slowly parting her eyes from her lips. Seulgi swallowed when Irene's eyes reached hers. The innocent look on her face confusing her. 

 

Although I already have. 

 

"I haven't said anything." Seulgi pointed out. 

 

It was Irene's turn to become a rock, embarrassed. Seulgi held Irene's chin and returned the favor. Her eyes stuck onto Irene's wet lips, assuming she it just now. 

 

"I don't mind. Just focus on me."

 

Strike. 

 

They both were still. Irene didn't flinch for the first time thunder struck. Seulgi felt a sense of achievement, grinning like an idiot. Irene touched Seulgi's wrist, prying her hands off her chin. 

 

"Wait." Seulgi said, not intending to let go of Irene yet. 

 

She closed in and stole a light peck. A bold move. 

 

Soft, plummy and tender, just the way Seulgi imagined Irene's lips to be. She didn't regret her rash action, and pulled back.

 

"Let's sleep. The rain will stop while we rest."

 

Irene gripped her shoulder tightly, eyes blazing as she looked furious. For a second, Seulgi thought the world was ending and waited for Irene to slap her.  Irene just had to be so cute. She couldn't resist. It was her fault. 

 

"Do that again." Irene ordered.

 

Seulgi left hung. 

 

"Say what?"

 

Irene rolled her eyes. Instead of explaining, she locked their lips together, ignoring Seulgi's violent movements.

 

"Unnie...?" 

 

"You're so cute." Irene smirked. 

 

"You're cuter." Seulgi fought back. 

 

They both looked at each other, then let out a hearty laugh. Seulgi found their banter childish. 

 

"Let's sleep now, it's late." Irene snuggled her head in between Seulgi's neck. The younger girl nodded, still trying to ease her heartbeat, while Irene couldn't be bothered. 

Seulgi closed her eyes, knowing this magical moment is a chance to confess the words she longed to say.

"Joohyun, I like you." Seulgi admitted out loud, pupils rolled above. She didn't dare to see Irene's reaction. But when a few seconds have passed and she heard nothing from the older girl, she panicked and faced down. 

 

"Unnie?"

 

Strike. 

 

Seulgi finds Irene already deep in her slumber and smiled, giving another peck to her forehead. 

 

"Nevermind, I have many chances to tell you."

 

Slowly, Kang Seulgi and Bae Juhyun fell asleep, comfortable in each other's embrace. 

 

From a few metres away, Seulgi's poor roommate had heard their conversation from the moment Irene had came in, as the cream of the door easily woke a sensitive girl like her. 

 

Wendy snorted, pitying her own single . Although she knew her friends won't get together anytime soon, she wishes the best for the sake of their love. 

 

 

The end. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was really lazy with this one.....  #busy