Fin

Date Detour

Jin's POV


What if a handsome guy asks you out on a date?


What would you do if that date turns out to be much worse than a party full of relatives you barely even knew existed?


Well both things happened to me.


A guy in the campus asked me out and he looked good so why say no?? Well, I should have cause now I deal with the consequences of going with someone I barely even talked to.


We are currently watching some old black and white movie in his grandparent's home. 
 

Remember when I said it is much worse than going to a relative's home you barely even knew?? This is much worse partly because my date happens to have the whole family along with it but mostly because I have nothing to do with or have any special connections with ANYBODY here including the very person who brought me here. 


"So Seojkin, do you like the movie grandma picked? Cause I love it! It is amazing and ...",  


'Please shut up', I chanted in by brain as I kept the plastic smile plastered on my face.


"Don't you think so?!?", he asked excitedly .


"Yes, yes it's reaaally good. When was this from?? What era of humanity did this come from?!?"


'I hope my sarcasm got through to him cause I can't hold this state of irritable boredom killing me inside. My face is gonna rip from my overly wide smile any second now!'


"I know right?!? It seems so classic and old but it was just filmed around the time Walt Disney died!", he exclaimed so SO cheerfully it was annoying.


When he had finally diverted his attention back to the screen somebody tapped me from my side just when I was about to snap. 


"Hi!", the guy whispered—screamed at me. 


He was cute so I let my mood slide off.


"Hello", I greeted back.


He smiled and pulled me closer to him.


"Do you want to get out of this place? I cannot help but notice how you are struggling to endure this movie"


'Just in time! A heavenly being sent to save me from this hell of a date'


Before my mind could think of what I got myself into my body instantly made me follow him out.

 

He led me out of the house and we stood there for quite some time before I broke the silence.


"So what now?"

 

"This is the time we exchange names", he chirped. "Hello I am Kim Taehyung. Don't worry, I am not at all related to the guys inside! My friend just happens to live there and I came by to get some things I left."

 

"Oh okay. I am Kim Seokjin. Thanks for helping me outta there."


"No problem! Why were you there anyway?"

 

"Date."

 

Taehyung's expression was exactly how my face looked when I found out where my date today was. He was confused and stupefied.


"Why would anybody bring a date there?", he asked.


"I swear I also don't know."


"So were you looking forward to this date?"


I looked at him and nodded slowly. 


'I didn't know that is so shameful to admit to a failed date like this.'

 


I looked up to see his reaction. 


'Wow, he really is handsome.'

 

He smiled and laughed a little.

 

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat!", He whined before dragging me to whatever restaurant we plans to go to. 

 

'Maybe I shouldn't just accept offers from handsome guys I don't know? ' [he should've listened to his parents more -_-]


"Seokjinnie, do you like meat?", he asked excitedly, slightly squeezing my palm, his face getting brighter and dare I say cuter. He looked almost like a child.


Back to the question: do I like meat?

 

"No. I love meat.", I answered playfully.

 

He beamed and started talking about all the meat places he knew. Taehyung is, so far, adorable facially and actions-wise.

 

I remembered a meat place I liked and wanted to eat at.

 

"Taehyung, why don't we eat at *insert restaurant*?", I arched an eyebrow and stopped walking.
---------------------------------------------------

We sat across each other in the restaurant I suggested.


Seeing him directly in front of me gave me the chance to take a better look at his features.


In contrast to his soft and pretty features he looks like he's glaring at his food but it feels nice knowing it's just his normal blank expression.


'It's too quiet. I should try to crack a joke.'


"Taehyung", I called out. He replied with a hum and a smile.


'shucks, I have no joke in mind right now.'


"you want more food?", He asked.


I just nodded simply. He looked around the empty dishes we had on our table. He rested his gaze on his own food and picked a bit sized piece.


"Seokjinnie, say ah.", he said as he tried to feed me.


I allowed myself to be fed by Taehyung then he continued eating. 


'Now that I think of it, we're kind of having a date. ', I smiled with that thought in mind.


"Jin, just a thought, but how old are you?"


'Okay now is the time to panic. Maybe he's younger than me and doesn't like older people? Wait he didn't even ask me out! Don't panic'


"Twenty", the moment the word slipped out of my mouth his face transitioned from blank to a full on shocked one. He had his mouth wide open and arms flailing then his lips curved into a big smile.


"Wahh, you are only three years older!", He boisterously said.


I was dumbfounded and didn't know how to react.


'Was that a good thing?'


"Ah no need to reply to that. I'm just happy.", he assured with a smile. 'God he looked good. My pretty boy reputation is at stake but I don't care'


I smiled at that and threw my set of questions.


"So you're still in highschool?", I asked. Not that I mind.


"Yep! And I believe you're in college?"


"Yes"


We finished the dessert he ordered when he spoke up again.


"So when can we have our next date?"