Fin

Ten to One

Mina's POV 

 

Remember when you told me that as a kid you used to count from ten to one while looking up at the sky like you where waiting for an explosion, probably caused by an asteroid or a rouge planet.

 

When nothing would happen you would feel relieved and disappointed at the same time. 

 

I never had the luxury of doing this as a kid for i was lacking in the creative side to imagine such things like explosions from asteroids or rouge planets. So maybe i can recount ours.

 

At ten, i think of you, our first meeting. At the coffee shop downtown by the public library. You were a new employee and i wouldn't  say i was a regular, but i did start to become one. 

 

At nine, your smile, which rekindled the fire inside of me that i thought died long ago. Seeing it makes my day better, even before it starts. 

 

At eight, your kisses, how you tenderly press your lips against mine. Smiling endearingly while you peck me repeatedly. 

 

Seven, your warm breath on my ear and your hands everywhere. You always said coming home after a long tiring day at school was your favorite part.

 

I would always ask you to take a shower first and you'd always convince me to take one with you.  

 

Of course i'd always give in. 

 

At six, you tell me you love me. It was after we had dinner at that fancy new restaurant that opened last week, i whined to you about taking me there and you did. 

 

Five, we had our first real fight. You always knew i was the jealous type, and it's probably because of the exhaustion from the long ballet practice that caused it. 

 

Or your ex girlfriend making bedroom eyes at you while you laugh at something she said. 

 

At four, our second. Three, third. 

 

At two, i tell you i can't go on. That day i saw you with her again, i had a lot in my brain with finals coming up, my next ballet jury. I guess i cracked, you knew i was always the weak one between us. 

 

Hearing me saying the words you dreaded probably brought you back to your senses, you explained that you were with her 'cause she wanted closure. 

 

You were crying, hirai momo doesn't cry. So you kissed me on the forehead slipping something cold in my fist. I look down to see it, when you walked a way heading for the door. 

 

At one, ask you to stay. Hugging you saying that i'm sorry and that i love you. 

 

You turn around and i see you're relieved- so so relieved, and a little disappointed.