The Box - SooSun

100 One-Shots

Sooyoung stuck her hand in the box and immediately pulled it out. "Ow," she said. She the side of her index finger as if it had honey on it.

“Yah! Keep your hands out of there,” Sunny smacked her on the arm a second time before taking the box in her arms and putting it on the kitchen bench.

Sooyoung huffed and folded her arms, but made no move towards the box again.  She couldn’t believe it, 26 years old and her girlfriend still treated her like a five year old anytime she came within arm’s reach of food.  She sulked as her eyes wandered around their massive kitchen for the umpteenth time in search of candies or snacks or even left overs of last night’s dinner! Anything to satiate the clawing hunger in her stomach.  Her gaze fell on the massive box once again.  Just the thought of the gift in the box made water, if the sweet taste she sampled earlier was any indication, it would be delicious. 

“Ahem,” she looked downwards and saw the disapproving stare of her girlfriend as she tapped her foot testily on their tiled floor, “No touching.”

“But Sunny bunnyyyyyyy,” Sooyoung whined.  With large brown eyes and a puppy dog pout, she pointed at her stomach, “I’m hungryyyyyy.”

“You can’t touch the cake,” Sunny crossed her arms over her flour stained apron and glared at the grumbling shikshin.

Sooyoung dropped childishly to the floor of their kitchen and glared at the floor.  She ignored the fact that she was creasing her favourite pants and possibly getting cake ingredients on her shirt, her girlfriend was being mean and she’d had a late night too. 

Sunny rolled her eyes to the heavens and raised her hands as if pleading for help, but in the end, she looked back down at her sulking girlfriend with fond exasperation.  The shorter girl walked over and crouched in front of Sooyoung, but she refused to look up.

“Yah. Stop the aegyo, you’re an idol, you know.”—Sunny lifted her chin, but her eyes stayed stubbornly glued to the ground—“Aish.  You big baby.  Get up, I’ll make you ddeokbokki.”

Sooyoung looked up at her favourite girl and grinned, “Really?”

Sunny rolled her eyes, but smiled warmly and nodded.  Sooyoung threw herself into Sunny’s arms and hugged her waist inhaling the smell of chocolate that clung to her natural scent from her recent baking.  She nuzzled Sunny’s stomach and sighed happily at the scent of home in her arms.  Sunny in blue jeans and a tshirt was an angel from her personal heaven, she mumbled, “Gomawo…”

With a giggle, Sunny rubbed her girlfriend’s back and pressed a kiss on top of her head, “You were tired and hungry from work last night, huh?”

She giggled again as Sooyoung’s hair tickled her stomach when she nodded vigorously.

“Come on,” Sunny kissed the top of her girlfriend’s head once more, the smell of her familiar shampoo tugged at her heart strings as they always have.

Sooyoung stood and hugged Sunny from behind as she bustled about the kitchen preparing her snack for her.  She put her chin on the shorter girl’s head, much to the other’s chagrin, but her gaze fell back on the unmarked box.  Sunny glanced up and noticed her girl’s hungry stare.  She chuckled at her obvious desire, but clicked her tongue disapprovingly, “You know Yoona would cry if you ate her birthday cake.”

Sooyoung huffed and went back to nuzzling the angel in her arms.  The scent of food was always nice, but it was only when combined with Sunny’s natural scent did it remind her of home and love.  The giant girl sighed happily and peppered Sunny’s neck with kisses.

 

 

Her ddeokbokki was even nicer than the taste of the stolen bit of icing.