The Subway (ship: Ongniel)

The Subway [ daniel X ong ]

The fans were almost upon them. The boys, Daniel and Ong, were suprised that the crowd had even realized it was them. 

"Ong!" Daniel called out behind him, laughing as Ong scrambled to keep up. The group of fans squealed. They had just posed next to Daniel's Produce 101 ad for a few minutes until a crowd had gathered. 

Just when I thought it was just us, Daniel thought with a hint of disappointment.

The two boys dodged through a few moderately-packed subway lines, making use of their agility skills they had sharpened through constant dance practices for their shows. A door caught Daniel's eye. He ducked into the smaller hallway and yanked the door open.

Ong dashed by, and would have missed the door had Daniel not pulled him inside. The small window of the door revealed the crowd of fans had passed with squeals and screams. 

Both still breathing heavily from their spontaneous run, they walked down the staircase into another hallway of subway lines that was somewhat empty. Daniel plopped onto an open bench with Ong following him.

"That was...." Daniel ran a hand through his blond hair. "Wait! My hat--"

Ong's eyes squinted the way did whenever he was trying not to laugh. "Did you drop it?"

Daniel let out a fustrated sigh. "I guess when we were running I--"

"I have it," Ong chuckled, whipping the red hat from behind his back. Daniel gave him a playful push. Ong stood up and stood in front of Daniel who was still a little salty from Ong's little trick. 

Still holding the hat, Ong slowly bent over, and stopped face-to-face with Daniel. It seemed like the subway went silent. Daniel didn't hear the subway loudspeaker or the quiet hum of conversations of other travelers. All he could think about was how alluring Ong's dark eyes were. He unknowingly held his breath in anticipation.

Ong was quiet for a second. He was just bent over staring into Daniel's eyes, almost forgetting what he was going to do next. 

With a loud whoop Ong roughly pulled the hat over Daniel's head, causing Daniel to cry out in surprise. 

Once again, the two began another run down the subway, Ong laughing and running from Daniel whose face was flushed with surprise and affection.