01. Strawberry Milk.

Green Crush
 
Chanyeol heaves out a heavy sigh as his long arms come around back to tie his apron on properly. It was just the beginning of his shift at the mall and he already felt like leaving the place. He had been working there for just about five months already but every morning always felt the same. He would wake up and drive over to the mall, frustrated over parking in the employees' lot. Followed by that, the giant male would dress in his work attire before getting things set and ready.
He was a simple man with a simple job. 
Pretzels.
No, not the fancy pretzels all sprinkled with sesame seeds. Nor the fancy dough rolled in sweet cinnamon or dusted with some powdered sugar. Just regular pretzels. Sometimes they had pepperoni baked along with it on top that may be given away with some nacho cheese from a machine that you would find in a seven-eleven store.
People would deem it a rather shady kind of place in the mall, but Chanyeol thinks it is good enough. Well, the pay is. 
That is the only reason why he carries on with his day. Sometimes his friends gloat to him about their very own jobs in the same mall, but he tries not to pay any mind. It's a mall for crying out loud. People will buy anything. And that includes the stale pretzels that he ends up shoving in the oven a minute later.
 
 
The time hitting noon. he knows he is bound to be visited by his close friend. Just on time, a loud male comes crashing through the surprisingly long line with a wide grin.
"Chanyeooool!" A male approaches with the tip of his green colored visor hat. "I'd like a pretzey pleeease." 
With the roll of his eyes, the giant shakes his head before tipping it to the side as he speaks. "How about you not jump the line and wait like everyone else?" He grumbles, punching in a few buttons. "Don't do this again or I swear I will ban you from getting lunch here, Jongdae."
"Oh please, you love me." His friend snorts, pulling out his money owed, handing it oh-so-kindly to the other. "And plus, who even buys pretzels here? Wetzel's Pretzels is just four stores down and let us not forget Aunt Annie's. I just come here because you give me fifty percent off." He cackles. "Now hurry up so we can chat and . Shouldn't you be on break?"
"Well I would be if you would let me finish your purchase and get out of this damn apron." Chanyeol's groggy mood takes over as he picks out a fresh pretzel from the warmer, wrapping it in wax paper before handing it over to the beaming friend.
It doesn't take too long before he's out of the apron and on the other side of the counter, allowing his co-worker to take over. 
"What are you gonna have for lunch today?" Jongdae asks, taking a bite out his pretzel as he walks beside Chanyeol whose eyes roam around the mall as if he has never been around before. 
"I don't know. Highkey tired of mall food." He hums. "We have been working here for months now, Dae. I'm surprised you haven't hurled from those stale pretzels by now. That, and I'm not all that hungry today anyway." Chanyeol nods slow, leadinging them towards the food court to have them be seated comfortably. The tall male slumps in his seat, lower lip jutted out into a small pout as he sighs.
Jongdae munches futher before chiming in with small words. "I'd offer some, but then  you'd vomit so... If you're not that hungry, why not get a drink at my place?" 
"I'm not really looking into getting intoxicated at noon at your house, Jongdae."
"Not my apartment, you idiot. I meant Green Crush." The male smacks his lips as he speaks, rolling his eyes this time around now. "We got some new kinds of drinks on the menu anyway. Should be something new for you."
Chanyeol ponders about it for some time. His stomach wasn't exactly wishing to be filled at this point and he cannot forget how the drink he had ordered last time had a bit too much sugar. Aside from his hunger, his emotions was probably drawing him away from the juice stand as well.
Chanyeol had applied for Green Crush not too long ago, only to be turned down. Well, he figures he was turned down since he hasn't recieved a response since. It was probably because he looked like due to the hangover from the night before, or it could be his dull personality since the place seemed to require a great personality to draw people in. However, he could not deny his disappointment.  
Pretzel Place was great, yeah. But it was literally the Great Value version of Wetzel's.
"Don't let it get the best of you, Yeol." Jongdae frowns. "You're not ugly." He says almost like he's reading his friend's mind just by staring at the glum expressions on his face. "They didn't hire you because they're s. You're handsome, so get rid of that stereotypical thought you have of Crush. They hired me, for crying out loud." He tries to cheer his friend up with a bit a humor, earning a half grin from the giant. "It's fine, dude. You'll be fine.... Free drink on me?"
The other ends up complying and taking the offer. Jongdae was being especially generous today, so he didn't want to miss out on the opportunity just because he was glum.
Approaching Green Crush with a somber mood, Chanyeol tries to perk up once he sees Jongdae's co-worker, Kyungsoo (who also happened to be a friend.)
"Ssup, K?" He greets casually with the nod of his head. With the heightened level given to the store, Kyungsoo's height it almost just about Chanyeol's, giving the latter a cackle. "You finally enjoying the weather up here?" He laughs.
Kyungsoo's face almost resembles the same as a stone as he stares into Chanyeol's soul. "Not really. I wanna go back to hell." He deadpans. 
"What crawled up your today?" Chanyeol pouts at his friend, crossing his arms. One might think this was  how Kyungsoo normally was, but the guy really had his good times. Especially around both Jongdae and Chanyeol. 
"It's probably because he couldn't get anything up there." Jongdae purses his lips as he makes his way back to the other side of the counter to put on his apron back properly. 
"No, you twats." Kyungsoo groans, looking from side to side to look out for any incoming customers. "I was training a new guy since Jongdae's lazy was hiding in the break room to catch some damn z's." He rubs his eyes with his balled fists. "Wanted to blow my damn head off."
"Jeez. Soo. No need to be so angry. He can't possibly be that bad." Jongdae laughs before, as if almost on queue, he's interrupted by the enterance of his boss and a small male slowly trailing behind him.
The two straighten up immediately at the sight, giving a formal bow. 
"Hey guys, this is your new fellow crew member here." A strong voice speaks as he gestrues to the small male behind him. "I'm sure you remember Baekhyun, Kyungsoo." 
"How could I forget?" His smile is wide as his words take a small jab. "Baekhyun, meet Jongdae. You both will get along. You both talk too much." He nods, turning his head to tend to a woman asking for a sample from the barrel. 
Meanwhile, their boss turns to Jongdae with furrowed brows. "Take the newbie around and show him the loops. I'm leaving him in your hands how. If he causes distruction, I will blame you." He grunts before turning to the new male. "Baekhyun, please behave. Your mother will end me if you mess this up, and I will end you for that." He says, taking his leave right after.
"Okay!" Baekhyun smiles wide as he waves. "Bye, uncle!" He turns back towards the three set of boys, smile soon disappearing after he sees the expression on Chanyeol and Jongdae's face. 
"What did I do?"
Jongdae raises both hands up in defence as his shrugs. "Not like you robbeed the job from my friend or anything, but hey." He grins cheekily. "You can take this guy as the first customer."
Taking a step aside for him, Jongdae joins Kyungsoo in passing out samples. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are left alone, the latter smiling rather awkwardly.
Baekhyun is not entirely sure this was the friend that he may have taken the job from, but he tries not to think much about the situtation. Yes, his uncle did run the ropes around here, but he did have to get interviewed and trained like anyone else. Not to flaunt, he feels his personality is great for the job anyhow. And his face of course.
With a huff, he looks up with a bright smile, eyes turning to the shape of two crescents. 
"Welcome to Green Crush! What would you like to try?"
Chanyeol stands there with little to no emotions (now knowing why he wasn't given a job), shrugging his shoulders."I don't drink here much. What's good? Any recomendations?"
Baekhyun stands there for a moment, trying to handle this on his own. To be honest, he's frightened. Not only because of Chanyeol's seemingly bad mood, buit public speaking has not been a good thing for him. The only reason why he seems 'talkative' is because he's nervous, and when he is nervous all he does is babble. Despite Chanyeol's sour mood, he brushes it off once more. 'Everyone has bad days, right? This is just one customer of the many.'
Taking a look at the selectio of drinks in front of him, thinking that Chanyeol must not be much of a 'can I have a sample' kind of guy. He ponders for a second before grabbing a few of the sample cups, setting them all on the counter, lining them up with each barrel. It doesn't take a second later before he's downing them all down like they were shots. Kyungsoo's glad they weren't busy right now or else they'd be in trouble from a filed complaint. 
Guava. Avacado. Strawberry Milk. Mango. Guava Mojio. Watermelon. 
After tasting each one, the small male smacks his lips to cleam them from any juices. Turning to Chanyeol with a bright (and oddly attractive) smile, he hums. 
"Strawberry Milk."
"Huh?" Chanyeol tilts his head.
"Strawberry Milk." Baekhyun repeats again with a small laugh. "It's the best tasting one... I've never had any of these, but I guess I can tell that this one is definitely my favorite."
The tallest male between them all looks up at Baekhyun with slight confusion, more of amusement. 
"I guess I'll have a large."
"You don't even want to try it?" It comes out almost as a statement, followed by a small laugh and a tilt of the boy's head. "What if we don't have the same taste?"
"I guess I'll have to trust your judgement."
 
 
 
Chanyeol takes the drink and sips on it on his way back to work. He's got to admit that Baekhyun had a nice taste, considering that the drink was about right, Not too sweet, but not too bland as well. He's never been one for complex flavors.
 
 
 
It's late noon as he's standing by the register and he wishes the day would be over. Eyes wandering around the mall to take in the appearance of those walking by without a care, he sees a dainty little male walking down clueless with a green apron snugly wrapped around his body.
Baekhyun himself goes out quite often, but being new in town, everything was much too foreign to him. But seeing a familiar pair of eyes has him grinning, making his way over to Pretzel Place.
"Well, well, well." He grins at the giant, resting his arms on the bit of space on the counter. "Well if it isn't," He pauses for a second, scoping at Chanyeol's name tag real quick. "Chanyeol." 
"Why yes it is. And if it isn't Baekhyun the job stealer?" He half jokes with a chuckle. Baekhyun takes it lightly, laughing along with him after giving a small pout. 
"What brings you here anyway?"
"Can't a boy get some lunch here? Geez." 
The taller between the two laughs once more, looking from side to side. "Have you seen this place? Out of all of the good stuff, you want to come here? Tell me you're joking." 
"But I'm really not!" Baekhyun continues to chuckle behind his hand. 
"There is Wetzel's five stores down. Why don't you try that?"
"Chanyeol, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun tsks. "Are you trying to avoid serving me?" He gasps. "I just want to eat here! I know I've got some other places to try, but what's wrong with trying something that seems bland? I might like it in the end." 
Chanyeol nods at his words, figuring that he is right. "Fine... What would you like then?" 
"What do you recommend? It's my first time in Seoul and I've never had a pretzel in my whole life."
Looking at the menu, it was now the giants turn to recommend something off of the menu. 
"Considering your size and taste..." He says slowly, hearing Baekhyun gasp, crossing his arms. "I'd say you should get the Pretzel bites!"
"Pretzel... bites?" 
"Yeah! They're tiny, but tasty. Depending on which you get. There is the Strawberries & Cream, or the Chilli Cheese." Chanyeol nods. "And judging by your previous taste, I'm assuming you're getting the Strawberries & Cream."
"What an observer." Baekhyun pretends to be impressed with a silent clap. "And correct!"
"You mean I'm observant." Chanyeol corrects. "I whip you some up right now!" 
 
 
Baekhyun and Chanyeol spend a few minutes together, trying to waste time during the small boy's long lunch hour and the giant's break. The giant explains the whole job searching story and Baekhyun feels slightly guilty. Though he feels robbed from a job, he is sure to let Baekhyun know that he doesn't feel sour about it. It takes some convincing and soft words, but it eventually works out. 
Honestly, Chanyeol just feels kind of nice making a new friend. An odd one at that, but nice nonetheless. 
Jongdae was his best friend and Kyungsoo as well, so it's somewhat fresh meeting new people since those two have been all Chanyeol knew of all these years.
 
"Do you think Kyungsoo hates me?" Baekhyun asks.
"He hates everyone." Chanyeol responds with a laugh, glancing at his watch. "Don't you have to turn in soon?" 
"Really?" The other checks his watch as well for the time, crinkling his nose as he sees the time shown. "Damn. I was starting to have fun."
"Well you could always come back later." He rolls his eyes.
"Whaaat? Chanyeol is inviting me back to his pretzel penthouse?" He exaggerates a gasp (something Chanyeol thinks he does too often.) "I suppose I'll make a stop here again later on today."
"How'd you like the prezels though?" 
"Mmm. It was reeeeally good." A small hand comes to pat at his small belly. "Too bad I can't eat them everyday or else I'd get big! However... Let me propose something!" Chanyeol a brow at the invite of a proposition, nodding for him to go on. 
"I'll come here for lunch every single friday, only if you are here to hang out with me."
Chanyeol thinks about it for a minute. That would mean that he would need to take all of the friday shifts at the exact same time. It's not that he minds, but rather that it would be hard to steal shifts for people. It couldn't be that hard, right?
"Deal." He says almost hesitantly. 
"That's great!" Baekhyun beams, taking a look at his watch once again. Face going pale, he rises from his seat quickly. "I'm really late. Sorry, Yeol. I'll see ya later!" He says hurriedly, dashing from the table to throw away his trash on the way back to Green Crush. 
He watches as Baekhyun's short legs run towards the counter, swiftly washing his hands clean and putting on his green visor hat. From his point of view, he could see Baekhyun with a sulking expression as he's being scolded by Kyungsoo.
Chanyeol cannot help but laugh.
You're really something, Baekhyun.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
Yoooooooooooooo it's finally here, um.
I'm sorry this is so late and short, but it's just
an intro, anyhow.
im doing summer courses for college so im 
quite busy but here you go my loves
pls comment upvote yaddadadaa
xoxo
 
p.s. in case yall dont know what pretzel place and green crush looks like...
p.p.s.s. green crush has some HOT employees. yum