Crush On You

Crush On You

I actually based this off of one of my own Tumblr prompts

Somi slammed her head against her locker. Her friends stared at each other in confusion.

 

“Somi you’ve been like this all day, what’s wrong?” Mina asked.

 

She ran a hand through her hair as she turned to her friends. She released a sigh before telling her friends about the incident.

 

After so much encouragement from her friends Somi decided to finally make a move on her long time crush. Kim Jiyeon, senior and director of school’s broadcasting station.

 

She slowly made her way to Jiyeon’s locker. Her back was facing Somi. With a shaky voice Somi spoke. “L-look Jiyeon we’ve known each other for a while and I was wondering if you wanted to go out?”

 

Somi’s eyes lifted from the ground as Jiyeon turned around. Jiyeon removed her headphones letting them drop to her neck. “Oh hey Somi, did you say something?” Somi felt her heart drop. With a flushed face she shook her head before sprinting down the hallway.

 

Her friends couldn’t help but laugh. Even Nayoung’s cold exterior broe. “Why didn’t you just tell her again?” Doyeon asked laughing.

 

“Do you know how much courage it took to do that the first time?” Somi asked exaggeratedly. She sighed feeling slightly better. “I have to go, it’s my turn at the station: I’ll see you guys later.” She waved her friends goodbye before heading to the broadcasting room.

 

-----

 

Somi spun in her chair as she waited for the final song to finish. Just as the melody ended the broadcasting room door opened. Jiyeon entered placing to boxes on the table. Somi placed her headphones on the table.

 

“What is that for?” Jiyeon pulled something from both boxes. In one hand she held a bottle of coffee and in the other she held a cd.

 

“Thanks to Yebin I have choose next week’s playlist, which is why I have a favor to ask you,” Jiyeon gave a meek smile only to get a skeptical look back in return. Jiyeon dropped to her knees with both hands clasped together. “Please stay late and help me pick songs.”

 

Somi shook her head. “No way I did it last time, alone.” Somi said

 

“Please Somi I’ve never asked for much, don’t you have a heart.” Jiyeon pleaded making Somi groan. She hated how easily she’d give into her.

 

“Fine.” With that  Jiyeon stood as if nothing happened. A proud smirk plastered on her face. “I knew you could never say no to me.”

 

Somi smacked her shoulder making her groan in pain. “I was only kidding. Did you want one.” She asked referring to the coffee.

 

Somi shook her head. “I already had some.” It was a lie but she didn’t even want to risk the possibility of touching her.

 

Jiyeon leaned forward, her face inches away from Somi’s. “You don’t smell like coffee.” Somi smacked her again. “Yah why are you so close?”

 

Jiyeon chuckled as she backed Somi into the soundboard. “Why can’t I be this close, don’t you like it?”

 

Somi pushed her away trying to hide her furious blush.  “What has gotten into you today?”

 

For the second time today Jiyeon pretends as if nothing happened as she took her seat. She pulled the box of cd’s towards her. “Let’s get to work.”

 

------

 

An hour had passed  and the two had accomplished nothing. The time had been spent with playful bickering.

 

“Okay I was thinking next week’s theme could be love.” Somi shook her head at the suggestion.

 

“Nope absolutely not.”

 

Jiyeon’s eyebrows furrowed. “What, why love is in right now, think about it spring crush.”

 

Somi shook her head again. Jiyeon smirked. “Why not is it because you maybe, have a crush of our own?” This time she nodded, her face becoming flushed.

 

Jiyeon’s smirk dropped. “What, who is it?”

 

“You wouldn’t know them.” Somi answered jokingly.

 

“Hm I know everyone, tell me who it is.”

 

Somi gasped mockingly. “Why do you want to know, are you jealous?”

 

“W-why would I be jealous I just want to know who it is.” Jiyeon whined

 

Somi rested her head in the palm of her hand as if she was thinking. She leaned closer to Jiyeon. “If I tell you you’d have to keep it a secret.”

 

Jiyeon nodded eagerly. “I promise.”

 

“Okay my crush is…” She paused watching Jiyeon’s reaction. She eaned in, quickly pressing her lips to Jiyeon’s. “You.”

 

Jiyeon sighed in relief as Somi pulled away. ‘Gosh you made me think it was someone else.”

 

Somi scoffed. “It could’ve been someone else.”

 

“Well then why else would you have been trying to ask me out this morning?”

 

Somi froze. “Y-you heard me?”

 

“Yeah I was going to tell you that I was joking but you ran-Somi where are you going?”

 

Somi ran out of the room too embarrassed to even look at her. Jiyeon ran after her with loud laughter. “Yah where are you going? We still have work to do.”