(un)shared glances

behind the curtain
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 Naeun can only stare on as Myungsoo caressed Suzy's face slowly and delicately, exactly how he would it to her. On stage, Myungsoo was Suzy's lover and although she had talked it out with him, it still hurts everytime Suzy and Myungsoo have to act lovingly towards each other. It was the premiere night of the two actors' stage play which was attended by famous stars, both in the reel world and their world—and if anything, Naeun was thankful that Chorong and Namjoo went with her that night.

 "Why did we have to attend this again?" Namjoo complains, "I knew this was not a good idea."

 To that she earns a nudge from Chorong who was then mouthing for her to shut up. Putting her attention back on the girl beside her, Chorong comments, "Myungsoo indeed acts better now than before." Though hoping that comment may ease what Naeun was feeling, it didn't really seem to be working.

 In Naeun's mind there was so much that pushes her to think of what ifs, which was in any way never healthy for her relationship with Myungsoo. However, she has in her heart the hope that the way Myungsoo looked at her last night will not be shared with anyone else. Though right now, it doesn't seem to look that way onstage.

 

 After the play, the trio scurried off since Myungsoo and Naeun agreed for her not to attend the event because Myungsoo knew very well that Naeun tends ro read comments about him and Suzy—about how many people adored them as a couple. Sometimes, Myungsoo thinks that Naeun has a masochistic side to her for doing that but that's how she is and though it was technically unhealthy for their relationship, Myungsoo always tries to understand Naeun because he loves every bit of her and she will be the only one he'll ever love. He hopes it is enough that he reminds her very often of how he feels but sometimes it feels like things aren't as solid as they are; maybe because their relationship is hidden from the media and that puts more attention between Suzy and Myungsoo or maybe because Suzy indeed looked good with Myungsoo that made it hard for Naeun to shake her head and be confident; but Myungsoo always remained the strong one for the both of them.

 After all, even though he exchanges glances with someone else, it's only Naeun in Myungsoo's heart.

 

 

 Myungsoo meets Naeun later that night, when the whole city is asleep and only the shared room between Naeun and Namjoo is lit.

 "Did I come too late?" Myungsoo asks, a bouquet of flowers in his hands, "The press conference went on for too long. I'm sorry, Naeun."

 Na

Please log in to read the full chapter