웃어줄래 (Will you smile for me?)

웃어줄래 (Will you smile for me?)

“Let’s talk.”

 

Everyone hates this phrase. It’s like being interrogated and you’re clueless about a crime that you’re being accused of. Seungjun’s mind went blank for a second as he look at Jihun’s eyes. It’s empty. The blonde went into their room, Seungjun followed suit.

 

“Is there something wrong?” asked Seungjun with worried eyes still staring at Jihun’s empty ones.

 

“Let’s break up”

 

Seungjun was taken aback. It was more frightening than being accused of a crime you didn’t do. He found himself aghast. Still, he try to talk to Jihun, most likely trying to stop him from breaking them apart.

 

“Kimchi ...... But why?” Seungjun sounded pleading more than asking.

 

“It’s just, not working for us.” Jihun sighed. “I mean, are you still happy?”

 

“Of course!” exclaimed the older. “I’m always happy when I’m with you”

 

“I don’t know”

 

“Are you not happy with me? With us?”

 

“I don’t know anymore.” Jihun bit his lower lip as he run his fingers to his head.

 

Seungjun tried his best to stop his tear from falling and put on a wry smile. He remembers the day Jihun started to change, his coldness, rejecting back scratch and many more. He can vividly bear in mind the day Jihun secretly threw the coffee he made just for him in the garbage.

 

“Okay. I think, I’m not the one you need anymore. But I have one last request for you.”

 

Jihun arched his eyebrow as he looked again to Seungjun’s glossy eyes for about half a minute. It feels like years since they had an eye contact this long.

 

“I don’t want to end this so sadly, so can you please smile for me?”

 

“Are you for real?”

 

“Yes, I know you’re falling out of love. I know it, I can feel it. I’m not stupid Jihun. But I’m stupid enough to fight for you. To win your heart again. To make you fall in love with me. To save us.”

Jihun looked away. “This is exasperating.”

 

“Kimchi please? For one last time? Just smile for me? At least that is the last memory I can see with you? It’s not even expensive.” Seungjun’s voice cracked for the last 3 words as he started crying.

 

“How am I going to smile if you’re crying in front of me because I broke up with you.”

 

“Please just smile for me. I just want to see it for the last time, just like when I first told you how much i love you and you accepted me. I just want to see that smile again for the last time.”

 

Jihun shakes his head but he looked into Seungjun’s eyes. He can see that Seungjun is hurting through his eyes and it breaks his heart. The older try to break a smile while wiping his tears away.

 

Finally, Seungjun had what he wanted. Jihun smiled at him. He like that smile, he actually love it. It brings him butterflies in his stomach but it eventually turns into insects eating up his heart.

 

“Thank you.” Mumbled Seungjun.

 

“I hope the best for you Seungjun. I mean it. I’m sorry, I’m just not the one for you.” Jihun stands and started to walk away.

 

“I love you” Seungjun whispered to Jihun’s back.

-------------

 

[A/N] didn't doublecheck so I'm really sorry for the mistakes. Also, the last fanfic I wrote was like a year ago so I do apologise for the poor work but Seungji is love so yeah they're like one of the canon otps so here you go hahahhaha