Memories

Wave Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Finally home.” Hyejeong let her body fell onto the comforting bed.

 

Its been so long…

 

Hyejeong eyes wandered to the walls of the room, the old rustic wardrobe, dusty desktop on the small table and lastly the never-opened windows by her side. She was basically looking intently at all objects that could be seen around her, trying to compare them with how she used to see them 6 months ago.

 

“Nothing has changed much…Just dustier...” Hyejeong twirled more on that single bed.

 

Sad. Happy. Both feelings hit her hard on that particular day, too strong that her heart started to feel numb. Hyejeong delved into her pocket and took out something. She changed her position to sitting so she could look at these things closer.

 

“One, two, three, and four …” Hyejeong grinned looking at the things in her hands. “..it’s enough. I didn't leave out any.”

 

Enough in my hands…But these will never be enough to fill in my empty days after this…without you guys.

 

Tears dropped on those polaroid films in her hands; faces of Hyejeong and her best friends were stuffing all those films with their weird poses and goofy expressions. Except for one, its much more formal than the rest, them standing in front of the examination hall with huge smiles attached at each faces.

 

Hyejeong sobbed. That was the very last picture taken.

 

“Today…huh? The day that we all have been waiting so much…” Hyejeong laughed for a few seconds, but the laugh then disappeared, replaced by a continuous bawling.

 

I was lied, knowing that today will be such a happy day for all of us, freed from studies and exams for a while.

 

Why didn't you tell me that it hurts the most, to leave you and walk passed all of these behind.

 

Friends…

 

“I’ll treasure …our memories deeply...” Hyejeong wiped off those clear droplets on the polaroid films with her sleeves, but new tears kept on falling at the same place.

 

“Why is it like this…?? Pabo Hyejeong…” Hyejeong sighed and tried to relax herself again. She wanted to stop whatever she was doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter