1

Your Date

It's been awhile since I got together with my friends. All of my friends. Usually it would only be half of us, sometimes even just two of us (Bobby and I; but we're almost always together anyway.) It's the first time in a long time that we all got together.

And I'm strongly contemplating on leaving them to give that lonely looking boy over there the .

That might be the *soju* talking but the boy is just... Too damn cute. He's sitting only a few tables away from my group of friends at this local bar. He walked in maybe thirty minutes ago, sat down and orders a bottle of soju with two cups. Now, whoever it is that was supposed to show up, hasn't at all and I'm pretty sure this is way beyond the appropriate meeting time. 

I an extra button from my shirt and turn to Bobby. "How do I look?"

He looks me up and down, and one corner of his lips turn up. "Like a hoe."

"Perfect, thanks!" I say with a grin, getting up from the table, followed by groans from all of my friends, knowing exactly what I'm trying to do. I ignore them, a little too drunk and lightheaded to care. Doing my best to seem as sober as possible, I walk up to his table, leaning forward a little to give him a little show. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" 

I watch as he jolts his head up to look at me, a quick glance to my cleavage, and then back at my face. He looks around for a moment, then shakes his head. "N-No, I guess not." I smile at him and move the seat a little bit closer to him, not too close as to make him uncomfortable by the proximity, but just enough to surprise him and to create that heartstopping flush of his face.

I take his appearance in a bit more, he parts his hair in the middle, wearing thick-rimmed glasses and was dressed like a boy trying to impress his professors with a professional style. It fits him well, especially that cute mole on his cheek. I wanna bite it.

"My name's Megan," I tell him, offering my hand which he quickly shakes.

"Jinhwan, nice to meet you," he says, but doesn't look me in the eye. "W-Would you like a drink?" He offers, quickly scrambling to grab the cup and bottle.

"Yes, thank you," he pours a drink for me and places it in front of me. "To new company," I say, holding my cup up for him to toast before downing it smoothly. I let one of my hands rest on his arm, his body instantly tensing. His cheeks were so red, was it from the alcohol? Or has it been so long since someone has touched him. 

There are people who are attracted to socially confident and competent people. People like my group of friends. Some are put off by those who can't start a proper conversation or look like they wanna run. But I love boys who are shy. There's just some beautiful power that comes with that. 

"So, why are you sitting here by your lonesome?" I ask him casually, gazing at him as I feel him move is arm slightly, but not to pull away from me. He starts playing with his fingers. 

"I was just waiting for someone... But I guess they're not coming..." Jinhwan says and doesn't look at me. Prefering to admire the bottles of liquor on display at the bar. 

"Was this supposed to be a date?" 

Again, he's quiet, but he nods his head. 

"Well, he or she obviously doesn't know what they're missing," I grin at him when he looks at me. My hand moves up his arm to cup his cheek. He's so warm. "You're so hot." His eyes widen slightly, seeming to be at a lost for words. Honestly, not my prefer choice of words, but if there's one thing I know about a man and their fragile masculinity, it's that cute isn't how they want to be described. Hot. y. Fine. Anything to that male ego so that I can get to something else.

"Th-Thank you." He manages to stutter out and I move my chair a little bit closer to him. 

"How about I be your date now, then?" 

"Oh--what?" Jinhwan sputters out, staring at me. "Wait, why? I mean I'm not--!" He tries to get the words out, but then glances over my shoulder. I look behind me and it's just a bunch of my friends ing around with each other and laughing obnoxiously in their drunken stupor. 

"You're not what?" I turn back to look at him. He looks down.

"I'm not like them..." 

I couldn't help the grin on my face, "that's why they're my friends and not my date." Was that smooth? I think that was pretty damn smooth.

With wide eyes and raised brows his lips part: "oh."

I let out a soft laugh, moving my hand down and to his own this time. "So how about it? I'll be your date for tonight." I let go of his hand, holding my hands up. "But, if you don't want to, then I'll leave you alone."

Again, he stares at me, and looks down for a moment. I think I'm about to get rejected, man I could already hear my friends making fun of me for even trying. However, I watch him as he takes my hand into his, but he still doesn't look at me. "I-I think a date with you would be nice."

Score.