Tree

Final Distance

Listening to: Tree by Vidoll ******************************************

The reason why I listed what I'm listening to, is because I was going through some serious writers block(Is that bad?) when I was trying to write this chapter. My mp3 was on shuffle and this song came up, and I was all like, "BAM!! I HAVE IT!!" So that's why I'm updating, because of Vidol and their amazing music skeels. So if you're not completely opposed to awesome music, look them up! You won't regret it.

~*~

My first day of school was turning out to be very eventful, In the most eventful of ways. Already, someone had gone over the rules with me three times, both the counselor and the desk attendant lady had to look at my schedule, and now they were making me follow some poor girl around all day. She didn't seem to mind much though when she came to the office. Her name was Elizabeth, and the first thing I noticed of her is that she was being very polite, too polite for me to be comfortable around. Well, this should be a long day. I followed Elizabeth out into the main hallway, where many a student had gathered since I had first arrived. "Come on," she tugged me in one direction, "I want you to meet some people."

We walked a few hallways over to a group of people hanging around a clump of lockers. I looked at Elizabeth and then back to everyone else. Elizabeth was polite, considerably quieter than most people her age. And if she was this way, everyone in that group seemed to be the opposite. "Hey," someone called to her from the center, "Elizabeth, come over here!"

Elizabeth tugged me through the small crowd to the center. The person who had called her was a guy. He was wearing a brightly colored shirt with a pikachu on the front. "Oh crap," I thought to myself, "I've been dragged into the Anime circle."

Nothing was wrong with people that liked anime or Japanese culture, it's just that they tended to notice- "Hey, I'm Kaelin," The girl Elizabeth had been speaking to said, "Oh wow, are you Japanese?"

"WHAT, ARE YOU REALLY?"

"What's your favorite anime? Or do you prefer Dorama?"

"Can you teach me Japanese? I would really like to learn!"

Elizabeth shushed them all, "Hey, stop crowding her, can't you see you're making her nervous?"

Well maybe this won't be so bad, if Elizabeth is with me. But only if Elizabeth is here. If not, I couldn't be . Or worse. "So, are you Japanese?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well, sort of. My mom is half Japanese and half Korean, and my father is from Germany."

A chorus of 'Ooohs' and 'Aaaahs' echoed through the group. I laughed nervously as they processed the information. ELIZABETH was about to pull me away again when a voice stopped her. "yeah, what is it. . . KEV?"

"Yah, I told you not to call me Kev, my name is Kev-IN."

I hadn't been paying attention to either of them until I turned around. This dude was seriously Asian. If he was anymore Asian, he would be the most Asian person on the planet. He had perfect hair, a really cute smile, and seemed to have the personality to match. "Sorry Kev, but what did you want?"

"I was thinking, she'll probably be in our class, right? So she needs a group for the project in third hour. . .?" I raised an eyebrow as I was dragged after Elizabeth. "Why did we run?" "Cause if we didn't, he would have never stopped talking."

~~~~~

Listening to: Kremlin Dusk&You Make Me Want to be a Man by Utada Hikaru, live at Utada United 2006 So that's that chapter. I know it was really short, but. . . I had to post something. And also, Kevin and Elizabeth were introduced in this chapter, so I'm very excited about that too. I'm hoping that her personality will develp into a good contrast for the main character. But, let's see how it goes.